Mystic PvP

Options
blackoasis
blackoasis Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Mystic
Hey all... long story short I am thinking about the endgame life of my mystic. I am playing on a pvp server and am planning on doing some heavy pvp with my mystic.

Before I invest a ton of money and time for my gear I was wondering if some mystics who are heavy into pvp can tell me their pvp experience and if its even worth pvping with a mystic or should I reroll another class.

From what I hear and have seen from other mystics is that they go down pretty easy especially in the sin department and I know every class does but I've seen r9 clerics tank r9 sin damage to an extent...

I guess what I am asking is for someone who is a pvp mystic to let me know their experience with the class and if they regret rolling a mystic in the first place.

Thank you all in advance.
Post edited by blackoasis on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    There's not a lot of mystic that PvP on HL.

About cleric R9 tanking sin, mystic R9 can do the same, mystic even have a better p.def than cleric and have a anti-stun.

I didn't done a lot of PvP yet on mystic, but i love it, before i did a lot of PvP on cleric and i way much more prefer mystic.

Maybe if you tell us what's your other class choice and what you plan as gears we could help you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • blackoasis
    blackoasis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well I have a 97 cleric and a 93 mystic as of now so my end goal is r9 or nirv 3rd cast
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The class I find I have the most problem with on my mystic in PVP is archers, honestly. Sins get manageable once you have enough gear to survive the initial onslaught.

Mystics...are a good end-game PVP class. It's just that it takes a lot of know-how to actually be good at it. It's not like an archer or a cleric where it's easy to pick up and play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The pvp is decent for casters, but bleh, even if you roll some sins repeatedly they just resort to stalking and ganking you. With end game gear archers shouldn't be able to kill you normally without sparking, purge, or like a bunch of lucky consecutive crits. You'll have an easy time vs psys, clerics, and venos who don't get lucky with myriad. I'm not sure how it is now, but last time I played, none of the regular pvp wizzies used spark, but if that's changed, get soul of fire and they'll have a really hard time killing you. Barbs are really the most op class with optimal gear, and killing them between solid shield, invoke, apoths, and w/e else really just isn't worth the time, go for it if they're just like +7 though.

Once you get 100 skills, your kill potential gets a nice boost, but smart enemies will catch onto your kill combos so be sneaky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If you have difficulty with timing and control...suggest you not to roll a mystic. Cuz this class is all about timing. Seen so many horrible mystics trying to pvp it's too funny :P
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I just don't come out to pvp anymore. Sins aren't much of a threat unless they're +12, but you can kill them 10 times in a row and they'll just come back 30 seconds later with a full 3 sparks. What's worse is usually their dps is high enough that they'll tick my charm once for every one of those 12 fights. And they can do this uncharmed, since I need at *least* 2 nukes to kill them due to their guard skill.

Just gets extremely old.

But yeah the main threat to mystics are purge bows (notice I didn't say archer, just purge bow).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The fact that i find myself just too awesome

Just gets extremely old.

But yeah the main threat to mystics are purge bows (notice I didn't say archer, just purge bow).
    fixed b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.