Current R9 S3 vs New R9 S3

Options
kawaiijen
kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Blademaster
At the request of Zarkin for BMs. (At this rate I may end up doing it for all 10 classes lol)

So going by the screenshots Asty shared.
Axes
God of Frenzy
Attack level +70
Interval -0.05
Str +25
HP + 500
Maximum Physical Attack +154
Physical attack + 84

Chest
HP +180
Vit +15
Magic Resistance +400
Max HP +5%
Interval -.05

Legs
HP +180
Str +15
Crit +2% x2
Magic Defense +300

Feet
HP +300
Vit +15
Speed +0.3 Meters
Elemental Resistance +5%

Wrists
HP +300
Str +15 x2
Crit +3%

Belt
Vit +10
Str +10
Attack level +5
Defense level +5
Soulforce +1500

Ring
Crit +3%
Accuracy +50%
Channeling -6%
Defense level +5

Set Bonus
2: Defense level +10
3: +5% crit rate
4: Defense level +10
5: attack interval -0.05 sec
6: Attack Level +25

Totaling out at

100 Attack levels
30 Defense levels
Interval -1.0
80 Str
HP + 1460
Physical Attack +84
Maximum Physical Attack +154
Max HP +5%
Elemental Damage Reduction +5%
Movement Speed +.3 meter
Crit +10%

Vs our (These I put at average not Maxed stats for realistic comparison)

93 Attack levels
33 Defense levels
Interval -0
174 Str
HP +1600
Physical Attack +0
Maximum Physical Attack +130
Max HP +5%
Elemental Damage Reduction +0%
Movement Speed +.3 meter
Crit +16%

As I have stated before in the other threads. The Current R9 S3 has superior Offensive attributes in their favor. In the case of BM's you have in excess of 100 str and higher crit rate overall. The perks to the R9 S3 are the refinable belt and ring which can give you 1.6k pdef AND mdef at +12 per ornament. However since the current R9 doesn't use the R9 ring for anything you can upgrade it anyways leaving just the belt for higher defense.

So if you want to be more of a powerhouse the Current R9 S3 is for you. If you're looking to be more tanky and survivability the New R9 S3 is for you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
Post edited by kawaiijen on

Comments

• augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hmm, since you've made the Sin's, Archer's and BM's versions, care to make a Barb's one as well, please?b:thanks
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hmm, since you've made the Sin's, Archer's and BM's versions, care to make a Barb's one as well, please?b:thanks

b:surrender Give me like 5-10mins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sure, thank you. :)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Personally I have a hard time validating the 8b coin just for S2 to get into on the improvements listed above.

Great comparison work Jen, thank you.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Personally I have a hard time validating the 8b coin just for S2 to get into on the improvements listed above.

Great comparison work Jen, thank you.

Server vs Server has the option to trade in SvS medals for Raps/Cannies and perhaps summer wind token may become available. We will see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Server vs Server has the option to trade in SvS medals for Raps/Cannies and perhaps summer wind token may become available. We will see.

Yea its just the stage 2. TBH if I felt it was affordable, or summerwind tokens came out in an affordable fashion, Id go for at least stage 2, and maybe save up for chicken stones for S3. But none of the stats above are enough of an improvement to be worth the cost of S2, let alone the added headache and cost of either S3.

I'd have a really hard time choosing which - I'd have to look at the exact % survival vs attack difference between the two. Hard decision, but it's theory and I'm more concerned about reality and realistic goals atm. Like +12ing my armor.

Current S3 on the Barb removes my 2pc 10 def level bonus, so no go there, but this version of S3 is kinda fantastic given I have belt and chest and it still does 10 def levels at 2pc. However, cost again does not beat +12ing out.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Unless the SvS gives large amounts of rewards towards making S2 I have no intention of ever recasting my R9 then losing all my +11 and JOSDs on S3 because chienkuns are not worth it, especially having to pay chienkun per reroll to keep stats lol. G16 fists killed it already for me, lost my +12 2 socket G15 fists from upgrading.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Unless the SvS gives large amounts of rewards towards making S2 I have no intention of ever recasting my R9 then losing all my +11 and JOSDs on S3 because chienkuns are not worth it, especially having to pay chienkun per reroll to keep stats lol. G16 fists killed it already for me, lost my +12 2 socket G15 fists from upgrading.

I think it's still unknown whether the new stage 3 costs chienkun. Stage 2 does not cost chienkun so no need to worry there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I think it's still unknown whether the new stage 3 costs chienkun. Stage 2 does not cost chienkun so no need to worry there.

Yeah, I'm aware S2 doesn't cost any, just S3 that I'd be worried about.

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Server vs Server has the option to trade in SvS medals for Raps/Cannies.

Well if SvS wars ever make it to our version... you can kiss goodbye to the current Nirvana market. b:avoid

To my knowledge since G16 fists at +10 out damages your previous +12 G15s (assuming same interval)... technically your money was lost long ago when you happened to max refine what is now an inferior weapon (you couldn't have known back then I know... but life just works that way sometimes).
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I keep trying to find the original thread where these were linked.

Right now I have rerolled my R8r plate 6 times and have yet to get -int. I know the odds are 1:20 but I was rolling the dice and plan on doing so till I get -int... At least I did till I saw that r9s3 plate. Guaranteed -int. At 25m a reroll plus the initial 100m (can't remember exactly) thats 250m I've spent so far... Its been a coin sink and I'm no closer to getting it. Wondering since I already have the rep and items to go r9 if I should just try for the r9s3 plate.

I wanted to find the original thread to read that Asterelle made. Curious about estimated release date, how to farm it, Set bonuses/refines/base def. That sort of thing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Found the 'Rise of Dynasty' information. It was hidden beneath all the spam adds.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Slightly confused here. Is the new r9s3 belt only giving 360 element resistance?

Dervish Pendant = 850+300 = 1150

Warflame Belt = 728+300 = 1028

Warflame Badge = 700

Warsong g14 elemental at +10 = 999
    Warsong g14 elemental at +12 = 1486

Warsong g15 elemental at +10 = 1095
    Warsong g15 elemental at +12 = 1627

Warsong g16 elemental at +10 = 1183
    Warsong g16 elemental at +12 = 1745

I was thinking that the new r9s3 belt will similar to dervish, close to a g16 +10 in mag res, but it doesn't seem that way from the pictures. Unless, the new belt when refined gains both pdef and mdef, that is the only thing i can think about that makes sense for having low numbers.

If it does not gain more mdef, that is a very sucky thing to do to the belt. Makes it a more pdef belt, rather than a balanced belt b:cry
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think it was said that at +12 the new belt and ring gives 1.6k mdef and pdef each plus soulforce if that matters to you. Since our version of r9 only uses 5 part of the set you can upgrade the ring or belt for more mdef and pdef
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think it was said that at +12 the new belt and ring gives 1.6k mdef and pdef each plus soulforce if that matters to you. Since our version of r9 only uses 5 part of the set you can upgrade the ring or belt for more mdef and pdef

Interesting thought. If i go with new r9 belt, chest and ring i get Defense level +10 and +5% crit rate, and getting 3 of our current version Critical +3% and Strength +100.

I miss out on either of the full set bonuses from the two sets

Defense level +10
    attack interval -0.05 sec
    Attack Level +25

or

DEF LV +25

ATT LV +30

I'll revisit this when this idea when the items are released and i am close to getting these items. I hope the belt has as you say :). Soulforce seems to help in morai skills, not sure how much for bms.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So... did we get none of this? Checked all the forges, can't find it. Found Warsoul, found t4 cubes and sky covers and L:UaDs galore but can't find the imfamous "other" r9t3 set.

Was it not implemented?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So... did we get none of this? Checked all the forges, can't find it. Found Warsoul, found t4 cubes and sky covers and L:UaDs galore but can't find the imfamous "other" r9t3 set.

Was it not implemented?

It was not implemented. There is one tiny hope that there are forges inside the server wide tw, but i doubt that.

Maybe in the future they might implement though i doubt that as well. There goes our r9 -int chest plate b:cry.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It was not implemented. There is one tiny hope that there are forges inside the server wide tw, but i doubt that.

Maybe in the future they might implement though i doubt that as well. There goes our r9 -int chest plate b:cry.

Sitting on about 150m of R8 mats for 4 more rerolls of my chest. Much of it is not tradable anyways but had been wondering if the rest of it I should try to flip and put towards R9 recasts or go ahead and reroll r8r chest for now. I guess r8r chest it is =/
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lolol no -int r9 plate, now those noobs have to work for 1 with r8r b:laugh
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    IIRC, I came to the conclusion that the best setup (for all classes, not just BMs) was the "new s3" wep and then the "old s3" for everything else. The wep is not included in the setbonus and the new s3 wep has better standalone stats. So you benefit from the same superior "old s3" setbonus aswell as having the best "new s3" wep. simple?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    IIRC, I came to the conclusion that the best setup (for all classes, not just BMs) was the "new s3" wep and then the "old s3" for everything else. The wep is not included in the setbonus and the new s3 wep has better standalone stats. So you benefit from the same superior "old s3" setbonus aswell as having the best "new s3" wep. simple?!

I came to the sad conclusion that the new R93rd cast set does not exist b:cry.
    Lolol no -int r9 plate, now those noobs have to work for 1 with r8r b:laugh

True, but if the power of pwi are kind, people like Sakubatou can now also aim for r8r boots with -int. That allows us to get rid of another low lvl -int piece. For me the only low lvl -int piece would be the lunar cape. The arms will upgrade to g16 HA. I might upgrade the helm for added bonus, but that is a later choice after -int appears on boots, depending on NW now.

Best of luck Sakubatou on getting -int on boots and chest if NW are kind in giving out coins b:victory.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes, I only need the -int boots now and the supply tokens give r8r mats :)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Kind of expected it not to come here tbh, they didn't get our version of R9 S3 if memory serves correctly.