Vit Points

Options
Nekodolly - Dreamweaver
Nekodolly - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Cleric
Hey just wondering if anyone knows how much Hp i get per Vit point assigned? thank you
Post edited by Nekodolly - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    10, Iirc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ^ This, but most Clerics go the full mag route and make up the HP with armor refines and hp shards so that they can do more magic damage which ='s better heals.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    ^ This, but most Clerics go the full mag route and make up the HP with armor refines and hp shards so that they can do more magic damage which ='s better heals.

Matter of personal taste, really. I have yet to encounter something that my cleric with R8 and 50 base vit would feel too weak to heal for. b:surrender

There's so many more factors to consider too. Like if you're going to PK, what's your budget for equipment, ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Matter of personal taste, really. I have yet to encounter something that my cleric with R8 and 50 base vit would feel too weak to heal for. b:surrender

There's so many more factors to consider too. Like if you're going to PK, what's your budget for equipment, ...

Same here, R8+5 and 110 VIT. Damage loss is minimal, loss in healing power is noticeable but far from an issue.

Not being pure mag used to be an issue in ye olde days where a TT90 weapon was endgame. Now that R8 is the norm, your healing power is almost automatically overkill even when you have minimal mag (which is 300 I believe).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

Better heals, not to mention taking less damage from magic attacks and killing mobs before they get to you so taking less damage.
    Same here, R8+5 and 110 VIT. Damage loss is minimal, loss in healing power is noticeable but far from an issue.

Not being pure mag used to be an issue in ye olde days where a TT90 weapon was endgame. Now that R8 is the norm, your healing power is almost automatically overkill even when you have minimal mag (which is 300 I believe).

I agree, its not an issue but it is noticable. A cleric with TT90 can still get the job done, or a cleric with R8+ and lots of vitality will still get the job done. Good barbs and other players will tailor the run to the cleric's abilities usually. They just may sacrifice larger pulls for smaller, safer pulls. The sin/bm may avoid tanking the boss and fall back for the barb to FR spam. The casters may wait to attack mobs so they don't get hit by as many mobs so the cleric can keep up on heals. None of this is real bad, just a slightly slower and safer way of doing things.

I think most people prefer pure magic clerics (clerics themselves, and squadmates) as long as the cleric can survive with the pure magic build. But people understand there is pvp, pk and many other aspects to the game outside of the 15 minutes you spend in a squad with that cleric. My rule of thumb (for pve) is the more skill you have with your class the less vitality you need. A little slow to react? Poor refines? Not sure on seals and shields? Add some vitality to compensate.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I agree, its not an issue but it is noticable. A cleric with TT90 can still get the job done, or a cleric with R8+ and lots of vitality will still get the job done. Good barbs and other players will tailor the run to the cleric's abilities usually. They just may sacrifice larger pulls for smaller, safer pulls. The sin/bm may avoid tanking the boss and fall back for the barb to FR spam. The casters may wait to attack mobs so they don't get hit by as many mobs so the cleric can keep up on heals. None of this is real bad, just a slightly slower and safer way of doing things.

I think most people prefer pure magic clerics (clerics themselves, and squadmates) as long as the cleric can survive with the pure magic build. But people understand there is pvp, pk and many other aspects to the game outside of the 15 minutes you spend in a squad with that cleric. My rule of thumb (for pve) is the more skill you have with your class the less vitality you need. A little slow to react? Poor refines? Not sure on seals and shields? Add some vitality to compensate.

To me it's not really an issue of whether I need vit to survive or not, I just feel that the points have more use in my HP pool than they have in healing power.

The 105 points I added into VIT decreased my healing power by roughly 15%, such a trivial difference really won't cause the need for a smaller pull or aggro management on DD classes. A cleric's reflexes are what determine those factors in a squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Same i have point in vit cause i TW and i need survivability so i shard in garnet for p.def and get hp by refine and vit points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The OPs question was answered in the second post and somehow we are all back to debating on the merits of vit vs pure builds b:shutup

For all we know the OP could be referring to assigning points to vit by way of stats on equipment/vit stones and whether this is better than a fixed HP stat or HP shards...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    To me it's not really an issue of whether I need vit to survive or not, I just feel that the points have more use in my HP pool than they have in healing power.

The 105 points I added into VIT decreased my healing power by roughly 15%, such a trivial difference really won't cause the need for a smaller pull or aggro management on DD classes. A cleric's reflexes are what determine those factors in a squad.

Agreed 100%.

Gonna snag my quick plusone before this gets either flamed to death or closed.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

Totally agreed, sick of the whole "you must suck if you have vit," as it's all a matter of play-style and it's a personal preference. It has nothing to do with a cleric's ability to react to a situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit