Weapon Comparison Calculator

Suizahn - Sanctuary
Suizahn - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Assassin
Hi :D

I have just prepared this excel sheet to compare Daggers for my faction mates, but as they seem to lack even the most basic math knowledge to use it, I decided to give it a better use and post it here.

For now, it only works for fishy-sins E>( ._.)

I see a lot of people asking which weapon is better, so this will surely come in handy for everyone :D

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhJzHvSR0r0qdGg0Yjd6ZG5yRzFybmx4VDBwRlBySVE

As suggested by Nowitsawn, it it now uploaded as a GoogleDocs sheet (which you still have to download as an Excel file to use it, as I couldn't find a way to let you edit your own copy online)

Hope you like it, feel free to criticize and make any changes you wish. You can also use it Anywhere you want, but please give me credit (Suizahn)

TO DO list:

-Add GoF/SS +DONE
-Add elemental shard damage
-Add PvP important data (dph, zerk crit dmg, zerk crit chance, max dmg, among others)
-Adapt it to other physical weapons
-Add "opponent" options (Include defense, defense lvls, other damage reductions)
-Add Damage buffs (like strenght of the titans or wizzy buff)
-Add defense buffs and damage modifier buffs (like BB, cleric buffs, extreme poison)
-Adapt it to Magic users (only in terms of base magic damage)
-Add "Skill/Spell Damage" Chart/Options
-Upload it to a better host (mediafire is blocked here, as I'm uploading it from work) +DONE

~Suizahn~
Post edited by Suizahn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd suggest putting the sheet on google or Zoho, since a lot of people prefer not to download random files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bump for news :D

For some reason, i relogged and changed my avatar, and now I can't edit it anymore ._.

You have to be using the avatar you originally posted with to edit it. In this case your default stone faced avatar. Or I can do this....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Suizahn - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Thanks a lot KawaiiJen :D (I'm glad I left the bump there with my new avatar :P)

And I'm already uploading it there, so I will be editing it soon with the new host, If my worknet allows me to...

Edit: Apparently it will take me longer than expected, as Online spreadsheets don't work well with some of the formulas I used (for example when linking two boxes of different pages so that changes in one would reflect in the second one) so I will have to do some of the work again. Meanwhile, if anyone dares to download and test it, I would love any input :D

Edit 2: Everything ready, now it's a GoogleDoc! :D

I hope that now people will be able to see it and I'm really looking forward for someone to tell me what they think about this :P

If /eventually/ I completed the TO DO list, it would not only be a Dagger comparison shhet, not even a weapon.
    It would end up being a complete Damage calculator which allowed you to compare 2 different weapons. But still, a long way to go (I have almost all the maths ready, but not enough time to write it down, format it, test it, upload it and everything involved there (._. )<3 )

Edit 3: Well, now it's useful, at least :D Added Gof and SS options for weapons, so that people can compare their r9 to g15 to g16 :D
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mmm... I don't really go for this.

Firstly, having every single refinement might be good for when you're comparing weapons that refine differently or have different base damage. However, quite often that would just crowd the chart. And really, you might wanna clarify the refinement a bit. Because a lot of people won't know that the refinement scales based on the +1 value.

Secondly, putting the calculations you do in the same chart makes for a damn ugly chart. You really should put the calculations into a secondary chart and reference that in the primary one.

Thirdly, I noticed that you put the wrong background colour in one of your guidelines. The background for the "Only modify the boxes coloured THIS way" is using the colour that you used for the namings of the editable cells.

Fourthly, the way you implemented GoF and SS is very clumsy. Instead of counting them separately, you could've just made it "IF(SacCell=Y;1.15*Damage;IF(GoFCell=Y);1.2*Damage;Damage) and saved yourself a ton of space.

But yeah, you've taken a unique approach. The spreadsheets that I've seen so far have focused on: average DPH/DPS/Bloodsuck/Skills (Nowitsawn's sheet), DPS/Rift damage (Korrgan's sheet). Here I see comparing both cultis and potentially very different weapons at the same time.

Also, personally I don't really like the colour scheme.

Finally, no offense intended, but a lot of the stuff on your to-do list is already implemented excellently by Nowitsawn in his sheet right here. A lot of the stuff that you want to implement, such as PvP and casters will simply not benefit at all from the kind of approach you've taken. There is no such concept as average DPS for casters. Similarly, for PvP, average DPS is often rather meaningless. And defensive buffs to affect your own damage? That's a bit of a waste of time, because buffs are multipliers to your damage, thus they will only scale the damage and won't change which weapon is superior. And like hell you're going to let some cleric stand in BB while you beat on some Seeker or something.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Suizahn - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Firstly, having every single refinement might be good for when you're comparing weapons that refine differently or have different base damage. However, quite often that would just crowd the chart. And really, you might wanna clarify the refinement a bit. Because a lot of people won't know that the refinement scales based on the +1 value.

OK, I did that only because I coudln't decide which refines would be good references of weapon damages. Should I just use for example +10 and +12?

Of course, not erasing the other part, only putting it somewhere less important, because for one I like to compare weapons with different refines, according to their base price :P I mean "I have NG13+9, Should I spend my money on refining it higher or upgrading it to NG15?" kind of thing
    Secondly, putting the calculations you do in the same chart makes for a damn ugly chart. You really should put the calculations into a secondary chart and reference that in the primary one.

I know that, In my original excel sheet it wasn't. It's just that it's my first time with onlie calculation sheets and didn't rally know how to reference different pages

(I made a long and careful response to everything and asked for advice, but the forum chopped my post ._. I'm gonna finish this post later, I need to go now)