Omg New Instance For Farming Dq !!

nixop
nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
tt 3-3 best instance for farming DQ points when tt gold mats are nerfed to the bone

keep the good job we need more dq and oht mats ty pwi b:dirty
Post edited by nixop on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wouldnt Abaddon/SoT be better for farming DQ? At least you wont need openers for that.

I'm awareof the "nerf" thing people are talking about lately but still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • nixop
    edited September 2012
    haha its not about farming dq...my points was how they nerfed stuff

and its not only about tt or about me....i see many people rageing on wc especialy for nirvana when last bosses drop 3 cunny + 1 mirage or 4 cunny in 90% of the time....

getting 3 raps would be like getting scroll of tome from packs....about getting 4 raps i dont even wanna talk about it because its impossible
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nixop wrote: »
    getting 3 raps would be like getting scroll of tome from packs....about getting 4 raps i dont even wanna talk about it because its impossible

Then how come I don't have Scrolls of Tome, if I've supposedly achieved the impossible four times already?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • nixop
    edited September 2012
    Then how come I don't have Scrolls of Tome, if I've supposedly achieved the impossible four times already?

guess you didnt open packs that days....from x2 start i did over 170 runs only once got 4rapsb:laugh
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    didnt open packs, and got better drops at last boss without aps squad then with the aps squads, tho i havent been in THAT much aps run cause im a non aps barb
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just for reference, scroll of tome has about 0.002% chance of coming out of most packs available on our servers.b:chuckle I think last time I checked, lucidgold was 0.005%. I just really wish we had more of those packs with the 0.01-0.03% chance b:surrender

Good luck on figuring out % of drop rates on the raps.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just for reference, scroll of tome has about 0.002% chance of coming out of most packs available on our servers.b:chuckle I think last time I checked, lucidgold was 0.005%. I just really wish we had more of those packs with the 0.01-0.03% chance b:surrender

Good luck on figuring out % of drop rates on the raps.

all the % drop rate are on pwidatabase. And anniversary packs have the highest chance at scroll of tome at 0.01%.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Farming DQ is weak, pros farm mirages in Nirvana.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just an fyi. X2 doubles your drop table, not your drop rates %.

That's why sometimes RARELY you see 2 gold mats drop instead of just 1.

Theoretically yes you are getting 2xs the chance to get the item but not at an increased rate.

Hope that clears some misconception people seem to have with it.

It's like saying you bought 10,000 Anni packs and since SoT is only .01% you're guaranteed to get one. When its .01% each time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited September 2012

then explain how the hell my friend got lucky to get 4 raps a run for 3 run back to back? its just god damn luck xD
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2012

4ihgyg.jpg

No SoT here either b:cry

Edit: lol @ GMs changing my sig. Freedom of speech yo!
    b:dirty
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tt 3-3 best instance for farming DQ points when tt gold mats are nerfed to the bone

keep the good job we need more dq and oht mats ty pwi b:dirty

I must have missed the dq train somewhere, I use 3-x to farm oht mats b:cute, they drop by the bucket loads. If each oht mat had 5 dq values, i would be close to 50k dq points.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I must have missed the dq train somewhere, I use 3-x to farm oht mats b:cute, they drop by the bucket loads. If each oht mat had 5 dq values, i would be close to 50k dq points.

Yeah that would be nice, that would put me around 600k with 2x dq atm b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    0.01% chance??? this is BS!!! then consider you have 99.99% chance failure!!!b:surrender
  • nixop
    edited September 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Just an fyi. X2 doubles your drop table, not your drop rates %.

That's why sometimes RARELY you see 2 gold mats drop instead of just 1.

Theoretically yes you are getting 2xs the chance to get the item but not at an increased rate.

Hope that clears some misconception people seem to have with it.

It's like saying you bought 10,000 Anni packs and since SoT is only .01% you're guaranteed to get one. When its .01% each time.

i was not talking about getting 2 golds at once....i was talking about getting golds in general

from my 3year exp in playing and farming (where i farmed 5-7billion coins in total on my acc...15k hp sin,18k pshy def blablabla....full set rank9 archer all +10 blablabla etc)...

i can only say i noticed drop rate changed....it possible have to do with massive people leaveing game compared to last few years....and i can understand there would be to many mats (there will be anyway during and after x2) but nerfing instances is just bs because its limiting players in farming (epseicaly ones without nirvy keys....because going to tt and spend few hours for no golds is ****)

this is not only about me i heard several complains from other people/friends and see rageings on wc almost everyday....
  • TwentyThree - Dreamweaver
    TwentyThree - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just to bring some "maths" in here.....last i checked, the last boss dropped two items (four during 2x), each item of which had: 55% chance for an uncanny, 35% for a rapture, and 10% for a mirage (or thereabouts, not sure on specifics).

the odds of getting 4 raptures are: 0.35*0.35*0.35*0.35 = 0.15%

If you got 4 raps in 170 runs, I would be very impressed. The more you know.....
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the odds of getting 4 raptures are: 0.35*0.35*0.35*0.35 = 0.15%

Ummm, wouldn't that be 0.35^4 = 0.01500625 = 1.5% approx?

0.15% = 0.0015 which is not = to 0.015

I have come to one conclusion about pwi. Pwi does not follow statistics. If there is a 99% chance something will happen, chances are, even after 100 tries that has not happened. It as if someone took the average formula summation Xi/n and turned it into summation Xi/n +z. Where z is a random system of equations generated. Pwi just trolls us every time it has to use the random function.

You open 30k packs, you expect to see at least one of the rare items, but that z variable comes in and messes things up.

I follow one rule, if it says 4 drops, and mirages is one of them, just be happy there are not 4 mirages lying there staring at you. Kind of awkward you know, 6 hungry claws, 4 mirages, math doesn't divide equally here.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I follow one rule, if it says 4 drops, and mirages is one of them, just be happy there are not 4 mirages lying there staring at you. Kind of awkward you know, 6 hungry claws, 4 mirages, math doesn't divide equally here.

I had one awesome run this week last boss dropped 3 mirages and 1 unc. And 1 unc opened from 10 chests b:nosebleed
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i was not talking about getting 2 golds at once....i was talking about getting golds in general

from my 3year exp in playing and farming (where i farmed 5-7billion coins in total on my acc...15k hp sin,18k pshy def blablabla....full set rank9 archer all +10 blablabla etc)...

i can only say i noticed drop rate changed....it possible have to do with massive people leaveing game compared to last few years....and i can understand there would be to many mats (there will be anyway during and after x2) but nerfing instances is just bs because its limiting players in farming (epseicaly ones without nirvy keys....because going to tt and spend few hours for no golds is ****)

this is not only about me i heard several complains from other people/friends and see rageings on wc almost everyday....

I haven't seen a "nerf" of ANY kind to drop rates in over almost 2 years now. You're just having a run of bad luck. What you're doing is claiming they nerfed drops again because you had a series of bad runs. It happens to everyone sometimes. Heck I remember a few nirvanas where I had some kind of plaque with chests where I never got cannies for like 10+ chests in a row as well as quite a few TT runs without any gold mats. I've seen tons of people selling gold mats in worldchat on my server as well as AH. I can't believe that they are just having that much super luck that often if your claim is valid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had one awesome run this week last boss dropped 3 mirages and 1 unc. And 1 unc opened from 10 chests b:nosebleed

So lucky b:sweat
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]