Game crash when launched

irongenma
irongenma Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Support Desk
When i try to start the game or to lauch with elementclient, it opens, then black window and crash...

I was on windows xp until yesterday and i am now on windows 7 with the new computer.
It has a pentium i7, gforce GTX 670M, 8go ram... and directx11 (i suppose it takes care of games using 9 or 10, like i found on google)

i tried (with admin mode of course) :
- the game installed from xp computer (many friends did as well and it worked) with and without windows xp compatibility mode
- re-install entirely >>> cant even patch! it asks to update again every time i lauch patcher with auto uptade and manual doesnt works at all ("update connexion fails" What the F***?! it is MANUAL so why this kind of message???)
- verify files (before AND after installation)
- update graphic card driver
- changing graphic settings (graphic card and even game ones)
- game in full screen mode (i usually play in window mode...)

Full fail it still crash

i don't know what to do now -____-

edit : i just noticed my the game doesnt recognize anything :

6c08db7597fb92d88fb83a2729eae.jpg

The problem is with the graphic card maybe...? i added the game in 3 option list of the graphic card but it doesnt change anything ><

edit2 : windows 7 is a 64 bits... Does the game works on it or only in 32 bits windows???
Post edited by irongenma on

Comments

• irongenma
    irongenma Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The problem came from windows 7 proffessional
    it works well with home premium.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    There are a couple of Nvidia driver versions that have this problem when the client starts in full-screen mode.

301.42 is the most stable Nvidia Driver I am aware of right now. Yes, 306.xx is out, but I've been getting some reports of people having problems with that driver of the 6-series and 6-series cards.

Try starting it windowed and see if it comes up.
    (Running it in XP compatibility mode causes more problems with the client later on because it induces a memory leak.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]