Unbinding charms

2»

Comments

• _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    why ppl keep nagging about binding gear.. its a choice guys.. dont bind if ur gona sell in the future

or if you alredy is aiming for another kinda gear...
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Humm, seem like a good reason, but is the compagnie saying out loud that in the end of the line, they can't control hacking. I mean real ones, not the type of, My GF dumped me, and went in my account and npced all my +12...

Back in the 2 nd year, Watcher of the sky came out. At the time I knew very little about the game, and one of my Guild mate drop a flyer...

I was like NO way they can drop to ! ?

I then decided to buy the new 3.0 flyer, thinking that it would probably be the fastest wings I would ever need. Don't get me wrong I do love them There the most awesome pair of wings for the elf IMO.

I then decided to bind them so they would not drop to the 1% white chance of rpk.

Today, I might wish to trade or get new 3.3 wings. I think the option to un-bind the wing could in fact convince me to charge money to buy the over price 3.3 seraph wings.

So what it can influence the market. The wings were bought trough the boutique, they were not free, why no make it so that they can be put back in the market. No every new player can afford to buy wings.

The only influence on the market it would have, IMO is a drop in price. If 1000 player bind there wings like me, and suddenly start selling them, The price will go down has the market will saturate whit choice.

The only draw back from this, would be to PWE were the selling of Flyer would drop, cause the market would in fact be more in game, compared to there boutique. They would have to have ridicule low price selling sales to make there boutique item work.

And I find it ridicule that whit all those new gear out, TT99 is still bind. The way I saw it when the game started, High level gear, and gold gear from TT were bind has a reward. Not has a safety precaution. It was like, here you work hard to get them, no one can have them except you. Go farm lowbies... lol

At least, maybe they could introduce a trading system. Like let say I buy some new Wings in the boutique, Maybe I could exchange My old bind wings for wing widget, Or a special effect, or I don't know , something worth the 50$ it cost to get them. Like buy a new car and get 1000$ for your old piece of junk.

Maybe they could do the same whit bind gears, You make a new one, and while making the new gear, you put the old one in the forges, and it comes out whit a G8 or G9 gem, or a few 100 socket stone, Or a +3 refine base....

An then you go like, But what if I get ****... well here is the thing, They have to drop the "you can't go back!" way of dealing whit stuff.

Ok so someone **** your account, decompose all your +12 gear in to 6000 socket... What ever, make them untradable, Unsellable. He use all the socket, ok so make the new gear, reversible, meaning when you get the account back, put the new twisted gear in the npc, click undo, and get the socket back, go to next npc, click undo and get the original gear back. What does it matter, the stuff is bind any way. i,m just saying give us a way to play more freely whit it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would like an unbind item, with a 7 days timer or something, because even if it's valid to say "you know what you do when binding an item or buying an auto-bound item", you can't expect everyone to foresee what is going to change. The game changes, new stuff get's introduced or put on sale. For instance, when I made my TT80 gold (HA set on barb) about 3 years ago, I didn't forsee that lvl80s would become doable with lvl1 gears shooting heads in a, back then, matts gear instance. Nor did I foresee dual clienting would become allowed. Same thing can be said about any bound gear, wether it's auto-bound or bound by choice. To what extend can a player be asked to foresee that the top-grade gear of today will become utter **** on a 2h maintenance/update periode ? Do I really have to get lvl8 crafting on both accounts just because I went for TT nirvana weapon (not that I want to change to testicles on a stick as weapon, I went TT for the looks above anything else) ? After all, they did introduce the possibility to change cultivation because major game changes made old choices irrelevant.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If one day they make a unbind charm some items will come back on the market, how many people bound FC gold ring (the one give -6% chan), thinking they could not get better and now they use R8 ring and lunar ring and have the FC gold sleeping in the bank, but check all shops in west and AH, you wont even find one, i rarely see someone with it they become rare.

How many people are stuck with a bound flyer they don't use anymore cause 2-3 years ago they though that would be their end game flyer. (i have myself about 2 bound flyers i don't use at all, but i bound them 2-3 years ago thinking i could not get better)

Majority of people binding gears don't do it in case they get ****, they bind it to don't drop it in PvP. Yes SL exist, but not everyone like using it and using dolls can be expensive.

Is it the end of the world if they don't do unbind charm? No, for me personally it's just stuff sleeping in bank, i don't destroy cause i would feel bad to destroy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    heres an idea for unbinding option but only usable if u used a binding charm.

if u used a binding charm they could ask u to create a password to unbind it at a later time but u have to wait 24hrs to do so this way if u r **** they cant unbind ur item unless they know ur password.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This again?

Yes, it's just you.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.