Archers BloodPaint

Swifty_Wings - Heavens Tear
Swifty_Wings - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestion Box
I'm not sure why Archers don't have it already.. I understand we have a decent crit rate.. but our low strength makes it hard to hit as high as bm's and sins anyway.. with fist and or claws that is..

The rule for bloodpaint is its used for melee attacks only.. Well for archers that is fist/claws..

Please? Lol. I love my archer and would love to do more with it PvM wise.. Though I'm going R9 I still love my APS and would like to use it in better ways rather than having 5k hp and getting dropped if i take agro.
Post edited by Swifty_Wings - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• WickedSwords - Heavens Tear
    WickedSwords - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I usually don't intrude in this kind of things...but really(not sure if you are trolling for some response if not then you are not in your right mind)?
    How can you possibly expect for a ranged class to be equal in a melee fight than...i don't know...barbarian or blademaster?
    If you really want to deal more APS damage then you should stick with some other class that true purpose is melee fight instead.

Word of advice...(if you are really die hard about this topic)before posting something as obscure as this ...maybe you should say it out loud few times and see how much it makes sense...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would be better if they removed bloodpaint entirely. If people need heals they should be forced to bring a cleric. Sins shouldn't replace clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would be better if they removed bloodpaint entirely. If people need heals they should be forced to bring a cleric. Sins shouldn't replace clerics.

Yes. Exactly. Sins shouldn't have BP. It's ridiculous and ruins the purpose of a healer.

Either that or only let it heal back a certain amount for every Bloodpaint use. Then once that amount has been healed already...it stops healing back until you rebuff yourself or someone else.

Also make the cooldown for it longer lol
  • SoulBlaydez - Dreamweaver
    SoulBlaydez - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Funny, seeing as none of the people dissing Bloodpaint are Assassins. Bloodpaint is a fundamental skill in our arsenal, and is used in normal quest grinding as well as Boss killing/soloing. So to say that they should remove a skill that would make us the absolute hardest class to play if we didn't have it is just ignorant.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Funny, seeing as none of the people dissing Bloodpaint are Assassins. Bloodpaint is a fundamental skill in our arsenal, and is used in normal quest grinding as well as Boss killing/soloing. So to say that they should remove a skill that would make us the absolute hardest class to play if we didn't have it is just ignorant.

No, removing bloodpaint would turn sins into the squishy 'kill fast or die fast' classes that they are suposed to be.

You say it yourself, 'Boss soloing' You DO realize the meaning of MMO right?
    I'll give you a hint, the second M stand for 'multiplayer'
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Of course assassins aren't going to complain, I'm pretty sure they're just fine with being overpowered.

Used in quest grinding? Use potions like the rest of us. Used in boss soloing? They weren't even meant to be killed solo until BP came around.

Make the sin the hardest class to play, huh? Maybe that's a good thing. It would mean that people need to get some actual skill in order to make use of the assassin's power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Of course assassins aren't going to complain, I'm pretty sure they're just fine with being overpowered.

Used in quest grinding? Use potions like the rest of us. Used in boss soloing? They weren't even meant to be killed solo until BP came around.

Every other class that gets BP happens to be heavy armor and each of them also has defensive buffs. What sins get? A buff that avoids dying once. A buff that might avoid damage and/or debuffs. Still LA though. And since daggers require 3 dex/level and HA takes 2.5, you cannot do a HA Sin without having prepared some +stat items. Also, since daggers have a lower attack speed to begin with, you would either be capped at 4.0 or you'd be using an LA chest plate.

Also, all the QQ about Bloodpaint can be nulled when you realize that R9 without BP achieves soloing Harpy Wraith, soloing TM and pulling most mobs in FCC in a single pull.

Honestly, I rerolled from Archer to Assassin because Archers weren't able to do much besides DDing.

But yes, I am against Archers getting BP. Archers were never meant to use fists/claws and they have zero support for them. The only melee skills they have are obviously aimed at the unlikely scenario of a mob getting into melee range. If you want to talk about a class getting Bloodpaint, should talk about Venomancers, at least they got a melee mastery. Damn, if Archers got BP, I would ditch my assassin on the spot.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited September 2012
    Make the sin the hardest class to play, huh? Maybe that's a good thing. It would mean that people need to get some actual skill in order to make use of the assassin's power.

So you're saying that making a class harder to play is a good thing? Okay, so let's take away a Barb's HP Buff, or BM's Aura Bell, make them difficult to play as well. You see where I'm going with this. Any class can potentially be overpowered as long as there is someone who knows how to use it. Sins aren't the only ones that solo bosses, and so if you say that one class shouldn't be able to solo a boss, then no class should be able to solo a boss by your logic, which, in this situation, is clearly flawed.
    edited September 2012
    No, removing bloodpaint would turn sins into the squishy 'kill fast or die fast' classes that they are suposed to be.

You say it yourself, 'Boss soloing' You DO realize the meaning of MMO right?
    I'll give you a hint, the second M stand for 'multiplayer'

You realize, that in PVP, sins are still "kill fast or die fast" especially if they go up against an equal opponent.

And as for the second 'M', yeah I'm not stupid I know what it stands for. Sometimes though, a player is forced into a situation where they have to solo a boss. This usually happens when everyone is in Frostcovered City using hypers to get to 100+ as fast as possible without doing work or doing something that further uses up time they could be using to play the game with their fellow players. Being able to something as a single player shouldn't be condemned in a multiplayer game. That's just how these types of games go sometimes.
  • WickedSwords - Heavens Tear
    WickedSwords - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    without doing work or doing something that further uses up time they could be using to play the game with their fellow players. Being able to something as a single player shouldn't be condemned in a multiplayer game. That's just how these types of games go sometimes.

The thing is..every MMO is lead by Gungho attitude(work together in other words).
    Every game have a purpose when making varieties of classes in order to compensate lack of other classes...which nowdays is not the case with PWI(not going to bother and go any deeper with obvious reasons at hand) and thus almost 99% of the game is completely abolished of its true purpose with certain things that only assassins are capable to do in this game(making army of Tideborn replica of Chuck Norris).

P.S Almost forgot to add another thing...when people talk about value of time it kinda sounds odd especially having in mind that in game you need to invest at least some time in order to achieve some major points of game content(not gonna encourage having no life kinda playing but on the other hand playing for about 20 minutes just to get end game is rather ridiculous and obscure)therefore players are actually encouraged to team up or form guilds in order to get things done in acceptable amount of time(small analogy of that is try soloing FB 19 as level 19 character).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So you're saying that making a class harder to play is a good thing? Okay, so let's take away a Barb's HP Buff, or BM's Aura Bell, make them difficult to play as well. You see where I'm going with this. Any class can potentially be overpowered as long as there is someone who knows how to use it. Sins aren't the only ones that solo bosses, and so if you say that one class shouldn't be able to solo a boss, then no class should be able to solo a boss by your logic, which, in this situation, is clearly flawed.

True, sins aren't the only ones that can solo stuf.
    But they ARE the only ones that can solo that stuf without +12 OP gear. Cause the class itself is already OP on it's own

Noones saying that you should make 'a' class harder. They say you should make the overpowered sins a little harder.
    It's called ballance, and it's one of those side effects of playing a multiplayer game. Sometimes you have to lose something for the benifit of the whole comunity
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited September 2012
    Noones saying that you should make 'a' class harder. They say you should make the overpowered sins a little harder.
    It's called ballance, and it's one of those side effects of playing a multiplayer game. Sometimes you have to lose something for the benifit of the whole comunity

You're contradicting yourself right there by saying that no one is saying that you should make a class hard, then turning around and saying you should make sins, A CLASS, harder. Saying that one particular skill should be removed from a class is a ridiculous request/complaint. I don't want wizards to have blah blah blah, because I don't have it and can't use it, and so it makes an wizard better than me. Like I've said, any class is OP if you have the right gear and know how to play the class. And on that note, every class has some advantage over another class in some way. If you feel that a class is OP just because you can't do something it can, then may be you should reanalyze how you play your class. And as for benefiting the whole community, I've never seen anyone else complain about BP until now. Pretty much boils down to a few players being jealous, and honestly in a game like this, jealousy isn't gonna get you anywhere. Bottom line, removing a single skill because a few people call a class OP is something that just isn't going to happen.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    True, sins aren't the only ones that can solo stuf.
    But they ARE the only ones that can solo that stuf without +12 OP gear. Cause the class itself is already OP on it's own

What is this soloing that takes +12 gear?

And hey, even sins want barb/cleric/bm buffs when they're doing stuff. So if being selfbuffed is the definition of soloing, then sins aren't soloing. And if it's not, then BMs, Barbs and Seekers get Bloodpaint. And trust me, BMs can do the same stuff that sins can, they just have to kill the mobs. And they can tank most bosses much earlier due to better defenses. Not to mention BMs get cheaper 5 aps.

How about we nerf BMs too?

Oh wait, archers have been shown to solo TM69 and Harpy Wraith without Bloodpaint. Nerf them too. Also nerf Psychics, they've been shown to pull full FCC. Oh and nerf Wizards, they shouldn't have more pdef than a HA class, that's ridiculous. While we're at it, I think BB is ridiculous because it allows inferior geared people to do stuff they otherwise couldn't and it doesn't really even require anyone to be there playing the character so it can be used to solo via dual clienting. Nerf BB! Also Seekers can do ridiculous pulls with BB because of the big damage of Vortex and their nice defense from Adrenal Numbness, NERF THEM NOW!

How about it?

Tideborn is a race, Assassin is a Class of the Tideborn race. As proof, here's a page on Assassins, posted under "Class".

Balancing needs to occur at a much earlier stage. Tideborn were released over 2.5 years ago. If they were to balance them now via nerfs, all hell would break loose. This is evident by the fact that PWCN isn't nerfing them, but rather buffing everyone else.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.