edited September 2012 in Blademaster
Worth it to get level 79 bm skills?
Post edited by XShui - Lost City on

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Smack = useful in tw, pulling situations.

Dragon bane = heaven sent. 25% crit increase for 30 seconds = 2 spark cycles, what more can you ask for? Click dragon bane, attack, spark (50% debuff is removed), free 25% crit.

I like them, others may not.

I haven't gotten around to the last one yet.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Smack is good in TW, terrible in PvE.
    Bolt of Tyresus is good in TW, meh in PvE.
    Dragon Bane is godlike in PvE, not really usable in TW.
  • xhotrod
    xhotrod Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Smack is good in TW, terrible in PvE.
    Bolt of Tyresus is good in TW, meh in PvE.
    Dragon Bane is godlike in PvE, not really usable in TW.

Unless you use Dragons Bane with a HF + Bramble Rage combo. That can come in handy.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Lot of sparks being used though, which are probably better spent on other things.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Worth it to get level 79 bm skills?

Yes. As others have said they all have their actual uses.

Smack is a 3 second seal that can be used to chain stuns so your opponent can't antistun/leap counter. Its also ranged so you can knock a fleeing opponent or use it from range so you're not taking damage as you run at a ranged opponent.

Bolt of Tyreseus is mostly used as a aoe freeze with good damage. Great for Delta ranged mobs. As the barb runs past with the melee mobs and brings the ranged mobs into the bubble you can freeze them there, since most of them wont stun. Can also be used to lock down kiting opponents. Usually combo'd with Will of Bodhisatva since it freezes you also. This one is also a ranged skill of 12m and if you get good at gauging distance you can freeze a ranged opponent then leap into their melee range.

Bane, gives you 25% more crit for 50% less attack power, which is pretty much a push on gains/losses. But! The 50% less attack power can be purged. So wait until you have 3.99 chi, use Bane, attack once and triple spark. The triple spark will purify the 50% less attack power but leave the +25% crit rate. Triple sparked with 55%ish crit is pretty beastly.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I have all 3 level 79 skills, so the answer is yeah to purchase all of them.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShui - Lost City
    XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I got Dragonbane now and I LOVE it.
    It IS godlike for PVE!!

Bane, gives you 25% more crit for 50% less attack power, which is pretty much a push on gains/losses. But! The 50% less attack power can be purged. So wait until you have 3.99 chi, use Bane, attack once and triple spark. The triple spark will purify the 50% less attack power but leave the +25% crit rate. Triple sparked with 55%ish crit is pretty beastly.

and thanks for the hint! I didn't knew about that and always baned right after spark.
    So if I do it this way it will be even more insane! thx!