Good Class for a complete Newbie?

Jethrayne - Dreamweaver
Jethrayne - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello there, players of Perfect World International.

Recently my friend and I have started playing this game. I am not a stranger to MMORPGs but my friend is. I have to explain pretty much everything to her. This doesn't bother me ,but I think she might be a little frustrated sometimes on how much time I have to spend explaining the game to her.

Anyway, I was wondering which class might be the easiest for a newcomer to play or understand. Something that is straightforward. Right now I have her playing a mystic so she's near me (I play a Seeker with her and my main is this mystic) and so I can help her with her quests but I honestly don't know if there might be something better for her to play.

What do you think? Is Mystic a good start for her or would she be better off with a venomancer or something else?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Jethrayne - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I started my mystic as a complete newbie and it's still my main.

The thing with venomancers is that far too many people think that they're easy to play (which is somewhat true) and jump to conclusions, saying "OMGZ veno is so boring, nothing to do, just afk heal petz". I was one of those people in the beginning as well, and only now am I starting to really get into playing my veno, having recently discovered the different roles they can have in a squad.

I'd still say she should stick to her mystic. (HONK HONK not biased here!!) First of all, you get summons, but don't rely on them too much; you get heals to get out of sticky situations, as well as a crapload of plants that debuff, slow, freeze, w/e. Plus, as a newer race, Earthguards' starting zones are more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, which could pull her in to the game, which is what happened to me.

Just my opinion.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I know some people that play PWI since a long time and tried mystic and find it really complicated cause all the plants, DD skills, heals, pets ect.

Venomancer are kinda easy to play.

People say that sin & psy are really easy to play, but i didn't tried myself so i don't know.

Wizard are really easy too.

Ask your friend if he/she want melee or ranged DD, magic or physical, in worse case make her try a bit of each class that are easy to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • dragonfire3001
    dragonfire3001 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    my thought is just to try each one a bit b/c every1 is different some might this sin is some might think cleric is and so on :) try and play to find tho 1 that best for yr game playb:victory
  • kaylam1821
    kaylam1821 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sins al the way
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *sigh*

Why is "Sin" the answer to every question? But yeah, it kinda is here.

Fewest skills to learn, you just.. hit things and they fall down. Very newbie friendly.

you also have the simplest stat progression of any class (well, tied with archers, I guess)

There's more later on; but every class has that.

Some other options:
    Barbs. Have a similar "Hey, I'm big and I hit things" learning curve; do less damage but survive better.

Clerics. Ok, you need to learn how to heal as well as to hit; but it's pretty self explanatory. And survival is good for a newbie.

Venomancers. The traditional answer because we are INVULNERABLE. And the perfect solo-ist.
    But, uh, yeah - we're a pet class, and learning to control a pet can be a bit of a hump to get over.

All the other classes: Shoot stuff! With a variety of different spells and weapons. Lots to learn; and they die a lot. You're all squishies! Well, except BMs, who're like really really complicated weapon users.