Options

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options

Kris don't you speak Spanish?

Yo hable muy pequino espanol.

Edit: translation: I speak very little spanish.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Aiiyah..... eh non pe-- sorry.
    Eh, not fluentily or well but I'm in spanish classes and was in french classes for three years during my last three public education years (five days a week) so have been around romance languages for a long time.
    I'm really good at the grammar and such, but poor at actually remembering what words mean so it makes it hard to actually be fluent even after so long. I'm much better at reading and listening than speaking. That said, speaking practice in classrooms is very good for me... and I kind of got the idea today when I just spontaneousily ran into The Incredibles in spanish that watching things in spanish would help, because I know the best exposure to a language is the exposure where you're encompassed in it. (Classrooms tend to switch back and forth between the two languages and so it's easy to end up using the anglais as a krutch.)

That being said, I didn't leave watching the movie thinking that I didn't understand anything that was said. Some spots were better than others, some spots I had to go from my recollection of what it was saying, some I had to kind of guess due to context.... mais c'est d-- but it's okay. (that was french woops) I mostily just thought it was very neat and wanted to share... and comment on accents yes.

I'm not really part of too much; I'm half Enlgish/Scottish(whichever one it was), a fourth Swedish, an eighth German and an eighth Italian (incidentally, my last name is Italian so people always ask me if I'm Italian instead of, say.... something I"m more of haha.)
    Not sure where my accent comes from but I have always have it and when I was little I was put into quite the collection of intensive speech classes in order to correct it..... I asked my friend Silve what she thought it sounded like y:
    [21:23:28] Nurylon <コ:彡: What did you say my accent sounded like again?
    [21:23:45] Nurylon <コ:彡: Some russio-something hybrid?
    [21:24:04] Silvey: Uhhh, Russo-French, I'm guessing?
    [21:24:32] Nurylon <コ:彡: Aiiyah. Okay.
    [21:24:37] Silvey: Maybe even a bit of Norwegian, or something...of that..nature...O-o''
    It's.... it's a thing.
    Once when I was relaxed and speaking to a friend of mine, we walked through the cafeteria and some random person asked me if 'it was my real accent, or if I was faking it' and it was one of the more bizzare moments...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Aiiyah..... eh non pe-- sorry.
    Eh, not fluentily or well but I'm in spanish classes and was in french classes for three years during my last three public education years (five days a week) so have been around romance languages for a long time.
    I'm really good at the grammar and such, but poor at actually remembering what words mean so it makes it hard to actually be fluent even after so long. I'm much better at reading and listening than speaking. That said, speaking practice in classrooms is very good for me... and I kind of got the idea today when I just spontaneousily ran into The Incredibles in spanish that watching things in spanish would help, because I know the best exposure to a language is the exposure where you're encompassed in it. (Classrooms tend to switch back and forth between the two languages and so it's easy to end up using the anglais as a krutch.)

That being said, I didn't leave watching the movie thinking that I didn't understand anything that was said. Some spots were better than others, some spots I had to go from my recollection of what it was saying, some I had to kind of guess due to context.... mais c'est d-- but it's okay. (that was french woops) I mostily just thought it was very neat and wanted to share... and comment on accents yes.

I'm not really part of too much; I'm half Enlgish/Scottish(whichever one it was), a fourth Swedish, an eighth German and an eighth Italian (incidentally, my last name is Italian so people always ask me if I'm Italian instead of, say.... something I"m more of haha.)
    Not sure where my accent comes from but I have always have it and when I was little I was put into quite the collection of intensive speech classes in order to correct it..... I asked my friend Silve what she thought it sounded like y:
    [21:23:28] Nurylon <コ:彡: What did you say my accent sounded like again?
    [21:23:45] Nurylon <コ:彡: Some russio-something hybrid?
    [21:24:04] Silvey: Uhhh, Russo-French, I'm guessing?
    [21:24:32] Nurylon <コ:彡: Aiiyah. Okay.
    [21:24:37] Silvey: Maybe even a bit of Norwegian, or something...of that..nature...O-o''
    It's.... it's a thing.

xDD, agreed. It's why I kinda hated learning in class (especially since they made it mandatory ><), but I feel eh about it. Nurylon is a cute name btw lol.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    xDD, agreed. It's why I kinda hated learning in class (especially since they made it mandatory ><), but I feel eh about it. Nurylon is a cute name btw lol.

--thank you <3
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options

I've been told that my voice sounds "Southern but also not" and was put into speech classes in Elementary school but I rejected them and my mom refused to send me to them. The speech pathologist herself said there was nothing wrong with my voice even if isn't quite the same as someone from my home state ought to sound, or someone from the South for that matter either. I only had problems with the "str" combination, after all. I think it's because I lived in Germany from 1-2 years of age and then grew up in Georgia( the us state) until I was 5 before settling in to where I am now.

And I wish I spoke more Spanish as I'm 1/2 Puerto Rican but my dad didn't speak Spanish in the home because my mom doesn't speak it. Que pena its too bad

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • krisnda
    edited January 2014
    Options

I've been told that my voice sounds "Southern but also not" and was put into speech classes in Elementary school but I rejected them and my mom refused to send me to them. The speech pathologist herself said there was nothing wrong with my voice even if isn't quite the same as someone from my home state ought to sound, or someone from the South for that matter either. I only had problems with the "str" combination, after all. I think it's because I lived in Germany from 1-2 years of age and then grew up in Georgia( the us state) until I was 5 before settling in to where I am now.

And I wish I spoke more Spanish as I'm 1/2 Puerto Rican but my dad didn't speak Spanish in the home because my mom doesn't speak it. Que pena its too bad

Every one of my teachers have told me I was a very articulate black per--cat. Lol. You lived in Germany? Have you went back there like for vacation or something? I know nothing about Germany.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Options

Yeah I was born in Germany but am not German and haven't been back there since like age 2. So I don't know much about it. Mi familia just worked there.

• krisnda
    edited January 2014
    Options

Yeah I was born in Germany but am not German and haven't been back there since like age 2. So I don't know much about it. Mi familia just worked there.

xD, well technically you're "part German" since you were born there lol, but I digress.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Options

Pfft I don't even have citizenship and I know like nothing about it. Then again, I don't speak Spanish and I'm part Puerto Rican. xD

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options

Don't mind me. Just eating starburst while everyone else is distracted.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Options

*steals the starbursts* *noms*

• krisnda
    edited January 2014
    Options

*steals the starbursts* *noms*

*stuffs all starbursts in mouth, runs to hideout, swallows*

b:chuckle
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Options

-steals and eats Kris's secret stash of Laffy Taffy while kris is eating a starburst-

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Don't mind me. Just eating starburst while everyone else is distracted.

*awkward blinks at all the commotion*
    *snuggles around Kossy's shoulders*
    *lightily nibbles on nothing because I don't have snacks this second x3*
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    My aunt was born on a US base in Germany like that Venus. Also I've attempted and failed to learn Spanish a good four times. I can't learn any other language no matter how hard I try, with the exception of programming languages. I was the laughing stock at Hebrew school for being unable to understand a word after seven years b:cry

Also I spent five hours straight yesterday breeding the perfect magikarp, now today I breed the perfect bidoof!

tumblr_m6nhjfjEll1qedqpjo1_500.png
    It will splash you all the way down to hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    >: I remember you talking about that.... sometimes I feel like that, too, and then listen to something entireily in another language and picture how awesome it would be to be able to speak as naturally as fluent characters and ahhhh <3 obviousily wouldn't happen while being in english environments all the time but yeah.

Nnnn, I prefer Milotic myself.... abilities/single-type/stat layout (they both have the same stat total), personal stuff..... gyarados is great, too, though x3 makes me think of the Manly Men Doing Manly Things comic since Jared has a Gyarados.
    *babbles about their evolutions when you were talking about their pre-evs, sorry, haha.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    >: I remember you talking about that.... sometimes I feel like that, too, and then listen to something entireily in another language and picture how awesome it would be to be able to speak as naturally as fluent characters and ahhhh <3 obviousily wouldn't happen while being in english environments all the time but yeah.

Nnnn, I prefer Milotic myself.... abilities/single-type/stat layout (they both have the same stat total), personal stuff..... gyarados is great, too, though x3 makes me think of the Manly Men Doing Manly Things comic since Jared has a Gyarados.
    *babbles about their evolutions when you were talking about their pre-evs, sorry, haha.

I love milotic too, one of the best walls in the game, especially with how status makes it stronger, making it nearly unkillable while sleep talking. However you can't get a feebas in x/y yet, and moxie gyarados is the true rampage pokemon. For every KO it gets, its attack raises another level, making it harder and harder to kill. Perfect ability for a pokemon that has a pokedex description talking about how it goes into fits of rage and destroys entire cities.

Gyarados also has a special meaning to me, being the first ever pokemon card I received.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options

Seven eight seven eight.

Chicken Soup is a wonderful thing. Finally starting to feel a bit better.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options

Seven eight seven eight.

Chicken Soup is a wonderful thing. Finally starting to feel a bit better.

You just passed it off to me, I'm feeling the worst ive felt in over a year, shivering uncontrollably and holding back nausea. Haven't been able to even get down the stairs for food, my legs are too week right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options

That's what you get for stalking my cow! xP

But go take a breather or something. Or visit a doctor. Dx
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options

That's what you get for stalking my cow! xP

But go take a breather or something. Or visit a doctor. Dx

Your cow?

But I had a doctors appointment today, and was feeling so bad I couldn't even get myself to my car without collapsing so I couldn't get to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Meep, haven't replied in a while.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options

Still not used to the new sig. u.u
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options

Still not used to the new sig. u.u

I like it, purple b:victory

Also I'm feeling slightly better today, haven't thrown up 12 times yetb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    i asked for a new sig years ago and never got one on my original posting account. Also on my main i asked like almost a year ago and never got one :(
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Phew...exhausting TW but quite fun! Freaking archers though, I sleep one archer, I get killed by another archer :(
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited February 2014
    Options
    :3 Gecko maybe get a friend to drive you or take a taxi?

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    :3 Gecko maybe get a friend to drive you or take a taxi?

I had a grandmother yelling at me to get my stubborn butt up and into the car, not able to understand through my moans that I couldn't stand up without losing my balance and collapsing, but I'm recovered now. It was food poisoning. Feeling so much better today, completely fine other then slightly fever and migraine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]