noob cleric tactics in fb

Options
mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Cleric
Did my first FB run as the supporting Cleric. FB29. Me, lvl30 cleric, a Sin and psychic, same level plus DD lvl75 seeker.

It was successful, sortof. The sin died twice, psychic once. I nearly died - attacked through walls by ranged aggroes.

I buffed everyone, then concentrated on buffing the DD with IB. They needed it - Qingzi took their health down to 50% even with IB.

At times I just had to stop healing anyone else and save myself.

I think two of the deaths were down to noobishness - people running into a room where the mobs do ranged AOE.

Since at this level I lack squad heal skills, is there any tactics I should have used other than healing DD?
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    your job in 29 is pretty simply. basically, you need a sufficient tank who knows wat they r doing. a seeker lvl75 should be no problem, as long as s/he aoe atks before others do. the other lvl30ish people SHOULD NOT be getting aggro if the seeker is doing his/her job and u should heal the seeker only. in the case of 29, stay away from unaggroed mobs and u will be right as rain. as long as the tank is under atk and u keep healing him/her, if something goes wrong its not ur problem.

later on when things get more complicated, with aoe, interrupts, debuffs, adds, etc..then u practice other tactics. for now its just heal tank and stay away from aggro.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If the sins run before the seeker then that was their fault if they die, sin at that lvl are really squishy and should assist attack the tank and the tank should roar so you can heal him without get the others mobs on you.

It's normal at low lvl to do mistake and other do to, more you gonna do it more you will get experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The tank was a seeker - which might have been why they couldn't hold aggro.

Thanks for the advice - I had occasion last night to find out the power of the cleric, spam healing a lvl 34 wiz meant they could tank and kill Ffarng easily.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Check my guide, because I did cover dungeons in it, as well as each individual dungeon. Hopefully it will have some tactics to help you along.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The tank was a seeker - which might have been why they couldn't hold aggro.

Thanks for the advice - I had occasion last night to find out the power of the cleric, spam healing a lvl 34 wiz meant they could tank and kill Ffarng easily.

a 75seeker cant hold aggro in 29? bi-winning
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Anticipate is all I can say. Your IH (most of us use IH notation instead of IB) lasts for 15 seconds, so start healing before people get aggro and they'll have the heal on already when they start taking damage. IH also takes 3 seconds before it does any healing at all, so getting it on sooner rather than later is preferred.

If you know your sins like to run off and play with mobs before the tank then cast an IH when you see them start to run off, then they should be covered for 15 seconds. This is also a good way to heal sins that don't get the aggro of entire groups. Alot of sins will run through mobs so that multiple mobs are on them, but they'll have only attacked one single mob (sins prefer 1v1 damage). If you heal them, the mobs will attack you. If you don't heal the sin, they'll die. So anticipating them doing this and getting a heal on before they start means they'll have heals for 15 seconds and will hopefully have either killed a few mobs or at least aggroed all the mobs so you can put more heals on.

The same thing with taking aoe damage yourself but needing to heal others. Put an IH on yourself and as long as you aren't taking too much damage 1 IH should cover you for 15 seconds.

If you have two tanks aggro bouncing, stack one but keep a single IH on the other one (example: heal1 heal1 heal1 heal2 heal1 heal1 heal1 heal2...) and if aggro changes then you've at least got some heal on the other "tank."

The mobs in Qingzi's room, try to time aoes with some other casters in the squad and hopefully 2 or 3 ranged attacks will hit and kill them before they ever attack. You have Razor Feathers at a low level, but Tempest will be best later on.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    A decent geared (by which I mean gear up to level, not super refined) level 75 seeker ought to be able to just about solo FB29, especially with bloodpaint. That his HP dropped to 50% during the Qingzi fight (really the only thing that should have challenged him) says more about his gear than your (admittedly weak at level 30) healing.

As for the the skelevizen lieutenants in Qingzi's room (the only AOE mobs in there), they're all normal, level 40 mobs, not even dungeon elites. The seeker should have been able to kill them all with his two ranged AOEs, if low level people ran in ahead of them... well, it's their own fault if they die. Your job as cleric is not to keep fools alive, it's to keep the squad alive, which you can't if you get killed trying to save fools.

Sins... people start sins because they've read they're amazing killing machines, which they are at very high level. At low level they just are squishy as hell, and don't kill fast enough to make up for it. An aggressive, low level sin should have a "Don't heal me" sign taped on their back. They're much more a liability than an asset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lol

I have a lvl53 sin and yes it is so squishy. Crit skill hits are nearly 10k with spark burst but I still die a lot.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    No bull ... at level 32 a well-geared cleric who knows how to heal her/himself can solo the FB29 boss VERY easily. Ranged mobs and lanterns in that instance can be a bit trickier, but with a zeal genie for luring, they're still quite easy.

At level 40, a well-geared cleric can solo all the bosses in FB39 -- INCLUDING Farren. Zeal genie helps a lot to pull off adds and to lure mobs enroute to the bosses.

In many cases, it just makes a lot more sense to let the cleric tank rather than risking squad wipes. The trick shot, of course, is party mates displaying sufficient common sense not to steal aggro from the cleric.

I build only pure-mag clerics, I treat IH as "reactive armor," and I figure I can beat any boss that can't 2-shot me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]