READ ME! Spam bots and banned accounts

Options

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    say a person wanted to become a mod what would they do

Well a forum mod needs to show a record of helpful behavior on the forums, have little to no violations and have a clean record overall.

We need someone who is active and keen to help, and trustworthy by the company and the team.

Thick skin is most important, you've all seen the things we deal with for being in the front line of the forums despite not being a representative of the company. Can't afford to let it get to you, people react strongly to various things.

With that said, we loved that the community was part of deciding who becomes a moderator the last time and there were really, really good candidates as well. So if anyone would be interested they'd have to wait until Frankie initiates a Moderation application topic first.

@Venus, I full agree with you.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    And Fuzzy... meh, not sure I wanna see him around more. b:surrender lol

b:pleased Ditto.

Also, bump.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well a forum mod needs to show a record of helpful behavior on the forums, have little to no violations and have a clean record overall.

We need someone who is active and keen to help, and trustworthy by the company and the team.

In other words; the longer you hang around here, the less chance you have.

It kind of makes sense, pretty much all of the mods apart from the first generation were fairly new when they got the position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bump!

Also, what big (probably postcount) threads got deleted that my count dropped like 20+ posts =o?
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bump!

Also, what big (probably postcount) threads got deleted that my count dropped like 20+ posts =o?

The count to 10.000 thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Anti-spam bump
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • ravenwolfen
    ravenwolfen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    b:infuriatedb:beatupb:beatupb:beatupb:beatup
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    In other words; the longer you hang around here, the less chance you have.

It kind of makes sense, pretty much all of the mods apart from the first generation were fairly new when they got the position.

Well said... Thats how it came off sounding too me aswell.... ROFLMAO!!!!!

b:pleasedb:laughb:pleased

With how many people made their unhappiness known to {PWi} over the (SP~debacle) & the 'Zero punishment & (Redressment/Rebalancing) issues' on the (FC glitch bit) I'd say pretty much all of us {Old school players} can't become Mod's at this point then...... ROLLzzz!!!

b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    . So if anyone would be interested they'd have to wait until Frankie initiates a Moderation application topic first.

What's the best way to go about getting him to do this?

Maybe sending him a picture of some naked chick with the words "Get new PWI forum mods!" photoshopped around her would do the trick.b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The count to 10.000 thread.

Makes sense. I feel bad for the people that invested 500+ posts in that thread. b:chuckleb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    b:lipcurl
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bump.
  • seitori
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bump for a clean {first page} on the forums....

PS:Shelly, got a question??

Does anyone know from where approximately all these D@*n*d {Drone spams} are coming from, atleast Regionally?????

b:puzzled

I don't expect much, since they're likely being bounced off of proxies, but does anyone have any idea yet???

b:surrender
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm dead serious, though. If Frankie wants me back, I'd be more than happy to help out again here.

It's totally up to him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm dead serious, though. If Frankie wants me back, I'd be more than happy to help out again here.

It's totally up to him.

Well why did you leave in the first place then?

Or was that against your will too?
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well why did you leave in the first place then?

Or was that against your will too?

I left by my own choice to pursue another opportunity. However, that opportunity has since been spent, and I have the ability to come back. Still, it's up to Frankie if he wants to allow me back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I left by my own choice to pursue another opportunity. However, that opportunity has since been spent, and I have the ability to come back. Still, it's up to Frankie if he wants to allow me back.

Let's hope he welcomes you back then.

Soon.
  • seitori
    edited September 2012
    Options

It's totally up to him.

If they do end up bringing you back as a {Mod} again Kritty and take you up on your offers of help (Godz knows the Forums need it bad now, {Shelly & Kris} have both got too be going Nutz right now! As things stand with all the Robo-Spam)

b:faint

But if they do get you back in the {MODs} loop, do you think they'll return your original Officiating account (If they hopefully haven't deleted it?) or do you think that you'll have to start a new {MODs~account} from scratch?????

b:surprised

Would be a shame if they'd just gotten rid of it, right after you left

b:surrender
    edited September 2012
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    If they do end up bringing you back as a {Mod} again Kritty and take you up on your offers of help (Godz knows the Forums need it bad now, {Shelly & Kris} have both got too be going Nutz right now! As things stand with the Robo-Spam)

b:faint

But if they do get you back in the {MODs} loop, do you think they'll return your original Officiating account (If they hopefully haven't deleted it?) or do you think that you'll have to start a new {MODs~account} from scratch?????b:surprised

Would be a shame if they'd just gotten rid of it, right after you left......b:surrender

It's still there, because that's the same account I use to moderate on other forums. They just disabled it for this specific forum.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• seitori
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It's still there, because that's the same account I use to moderate on other forums. They just disabled it for this specific forum.b:chuckle
    Kk's Cool, I thought you had jumped out of {PWE's} domain totally, when ya left for greener pastures.....LOLzzz

b:chuckle

My mistake.....LOLzzzzz(x)2

b:laugh(b:victory)b:laugh
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bump.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    le bump

Our buddy is back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    edited September 2012
    Options
    On it. b:surrender

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyGreyLace - Dreamweaver
    LadyGreyLace - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bucket of Hyper juice coming your way to keep ya going Shelly b:laugh
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Dear Frankie,

can we please has a Kritty back b:beg

he's a willing sacrifice b:chuckle

It's totally up to him.

b:mischievous

kthxbai

O *bumpity bump*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bumps for spam being back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]