Respect the TOS! PWI finally banning people for account sharing

GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
GoddessNoa - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Twilight Temple (West)
So happy pwi is starting to ban people for this i have never once shared my account with anyone and its good to see them getting banned. Next is the 105 cheaters LOL. I know alot of you will get mad and that's fine i just say ban them all and let them cs again to get back. Respect the TOS!b:chuckle
Post edited by GoddessNoa - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So happy pwi is starting to ban people for this i have never once shared my account with anyone and its good to see them getting banned. Next is the 105 cheaters LOL. I know alot of you will get mad and that's fine i just say ban them all and let them cs again to get back. Respect the TOS!b:chuckle

Lol they banned in the past for shared account it's not new and if you hope they ban the goon glicth you are late in the news, they don't ban it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    GoddessNoa - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They banned twice already for the goon glitch they may start doing it again. Second the account sharing was never really enforced that well now i'm seeing people popping up banned all over for it.b:pleased
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Stop making up rumors with zero proof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They banned twice already for the goon glitch they may start doing it again. Second the account sharing was never really enforced that well now i'm seeing people popping up banned all over for it.b:pleased
    Where are these "banned people" "popping up"?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Most banned people, don't say they get ban.

Generally people that get ban for shared account got reported, so if no one report no one get ban unless a real badluck, but i don't think GM check that kind of thing unless they get a report ticket.

The famous goon glitch, they was suppose to ban for 1 week, they left the ban after 3 days cause people was sending too many ticket QQing.

Some people get reported for .ini edit over and over again and don't get ban, while some get a 34 years ban.

People that get ban are reported and depend on the person who read the ticket some get ban some don't get ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Stop making up rumors with zero proof.

atleast he got something better to do then 3 spark + ig b:chuckle
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2012

LOL you all do that all the time in tw. Now the new thing is att alt factions with main factions and trolling other factions.

NOA alive!
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The famous goon glitch, they was suppose to ban for 1 week, they left the ban after 3 days cause people was sending too many ticket QQing.

Some people get reported for .ini edit over and over again and don't get ban, while some get a 34 years ban.

The goon glitch thing is actually slightly understandable. I mean, their response was basically "We thought we banned the worst offenders but later realized we did not". And that makes sense. How do you rank the goon glitchers? Is leveling from 1 to 100 worse than leveling from 100 to 105? What about 103-105? What about using it to level 100-103? Or what about the people who were busy selling goon glitching service? Banning everyone who had anything at all to do with the glitch is obviously impossible. Banning the "worst" brings up issues as to which offense is worse than the next. Banning everyone who's 105 would mean that everyone who "smartly" only got to 104 or less is safe, regardless of what they did. Banning the sellers would bring questions as to the legitimacy of selling TM or FCC as well.

Basically, the goon glitch thing is a big ugly can of worms that PWE and anyone sane wouldn't want anything to do with.

As for the .ini edits, the GM response is that when you get "caught" somehow, you get a banned and are then expected to send in a ticket. With the ticket, you get an option to either change the appearance of your character or to move your stuff to another character while the edited one gets permanently banned afterwards.

However, I can definitely see PWE banning for account sharing. For one, it's obvious that they can track that, after all they made login data visible to the players for a short while. Not only that, but account sharing has no aspect of it that does not brush on some kind of abuse. Sharing accounts with people you know so that you get to do all your dailies? Unfair advantage. Sharing accounts and getting "****"? You reap what you sow.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lol. This is funny, never shared acc with anyone, such a good 'boy' how cute :)
    If they start banning people for gooning and acc sharing half of his fac including most officers would get banned XD
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • fishish
    fishish Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ****** thread ever ? no but close .

suckling off the gm's teet ? yes sir you r .
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    LOL you all do that all the time in tw. Now the new thing is att alt factions with main factions and trolling other factions.

NOA alive!

Except there's no SZ in TW. b:beatenup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2012
  • ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Rather have him 3spark-AD-IG-SZ than trolling forums ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    However, I can definitely see PWE banning for account sharing. For one, it's obvious that they can track that, after all they made login data visible to the players for a short while.

There is a slight problem with that. Every time i logged in, my ip was different. My isp does random ip for others and uses different locations. Only takes small digging to get back to original source, but most companies wouldn't invest the time to do that for each ip they receive.

I have this issue with google, sometimes i am logging in from jamica, other times from austtralia. I go through extra security headaches, but no biggy.

By that standard my poor pwi would be on a perma banned status. If i just had to take a sample of my two factions and friends i made, over 70% share their account info. There seems to be this rule amongst some people, if you get married in game, you share account info as well.

I am against account sharing for one simple reason. People should not cry when they log in the next time to find their +10 gear has been npc'ed by their significant other. There is a reason why at universities people are discouraged to share your passwords with other people. Every semester people remove their partners from courses out of spite, or other reasons. Most people don't check after signing up usually. They get a rude surprise when it happens and that is one long headache to solve.

End point being, tracking shared accounts will be tricky as well, just as you pointed out, goon glitchers, what lvl is the worst offender? I know quite a few "smart" people who lvled alts to 100. They have 20~40 alts at lvl 100+. They just collect keys. They do 2~3 person vana 99 key runs. Imagine how much money those people make every 2x. The goon glitch problem is not so simple "QQ s/he is 105, i am jealous" there are far more serious implications like the vana runs. But most people are still stuck up with "QQ that 105 person is a cheater".