Deep Reflection

Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
any idea what this will be intended for? shoot...
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm guessing it will be something that requires a small stack (5-10) of shards for double or triple experience for one hour.

Example:
    Reflection- 1 shard, 2k exp per minute, one hour

Deep reflection- 10 shards, 4-6k exp per minute, one hour
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hahahaha
    way to easy

this is pwe... u wont get anythn without payn for it

i bet we get a new cash shop item like hyper stone which u can use

this item will allow you more exp per minute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah it will be 1 of those 2. Either use several (or a new item from weekly events like morai pk were you can only get a few of them a week) to get more xp or it will be a cash shop item to increase the xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I won't be surprised if it will be a multiplier to the current exp rates the RoR gives.

The main reason is because current Hyper exhaustion time affects the exp rate in the Realm, whereas Hyper experience itself won't. Friend found out the hard way overnight after throwing his character into the realm and not checking the rate first due to not expecting exhaustion to affect it.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No, exhaustion has no effect. I've been in with and without exhaustion going and received the same amount of experience. I'm level 87 and get 2088 per minute.

My concern at this point is that if it turns out to be 10 shards for triple exp for one hour, it's not going to be worth it in the long run. Yes it will save time, but you'd get a lot more experience just going in overnight.
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Deeper reflection, of course.

When activated, one will enter the most serene state of mind. They will not only reflect on the outcome of their decisions and adventures, but also on how their actions have influenced those who are connected to them. Surely, such an elevated state will be of great benefit to both mind and body, earning years of experience withing minutes. However, it does have its risks.

Those who undergo such deep reflection may happen upon regrets - decisions or actions who's results still haunt them. In encountering one, they are made to re-live the event, unable to change what has already occurred. Under normal circumstances, the meditator can overcome them, granting them a significant improvement in both their psychological and (via the magic of the Deep Reflective state), physical and spiritual power. There have been some, however, who have failed to do so. This experience likely creates a strain on the mind, as the meditator tries to reason with themselves that what they witness or experience has already occurred. Despite this, they can only observe, and not change the course of their actions or decisions - many describe it as lucid dreaming without having any control of themselves.

In some cases, meditators are assaulted by multiple, weighted regrets. If they cannot overcome them before the strain becomes too great or they are forcibly removed from the Deep Reflective state, there is a possibility of psychological deteoriation. Some have been unable to motivate themselves to continue on with their adventure, others have been observed to display various psychological disorders (and in very few, their mental condition deteriorates into pure insanity).

More research required...Deep Reflection discontinued until further testing is permissable from the Council of One Thousand Streams...

Eld...osaur...training...iors...war...
    ... ...uke acke offered...test...denied...inhumane...
    The notes end there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    any idea what this will be intended for? shoot...

If someone knew and cared to share; they'd post it as their own thread. Threads asking if people know about just fill up with responses from people that don't.
  • Currant - Dreamweaver
    Currant - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My guess? Some form of hyper meditation only accessible through a cash shop item.
    "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity."
    -Carl Jung

This isn't my actual character...I just like the name b:victory
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll bet a CS item.

Hyper-reflection? XD
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No, exhaustion has no effect. I've been in with and without exhaustion going and received the same amount of experience. I'm level 87 and get 2088 per minute.

My concern at this point is that if it turns out to be 10 shards for triple exp for one hour, it's not going to be worth it in the long run. Yes it will save time, but you'd get a lot more experience just going in overnight.

Are you sure? My friend stated to me that he went in with exhaustion, and when he checked in the morning his exp log was giving him 40 exp/min. And he's level 101.

I'm 103 and I get about 2.8k per min.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I agree with the popular opion of Deep Reflection being availbable through cash shop items in the future.

Why?

It's a PWE game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Only problem might be the price of that item in cash shop. But let's hope it will come cheap.
    It's a PWE game.

It's F2P game. Same as any other F2P game with cash shop. There will be many, many more items in cash shop. Try any other F2P game and you'll find that cash shop is pretty much the same.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I agree with the popular opion of Deep Reflection being availbable through cash shop items in the future.
    [/B]
    I recall, though I don't have a link to it, that when Reflection was mentioned pre-patch, or in some post-discussion way that there would be a token-shop "better/more xp gained" shard to be introduced at a later time.

It may have come up from someone mentioning that the current reflection shards give bad xp... which I actually disagree with, and am waiting with mild horror to find out just how much more awesome the new token shard will be <.<

I bet it will come out with the Anniversary, or not too long afterwards... maybe after the anni event 2x ends. At least that's when I'd launch it... while we all suffer post 2x burn out and kinda relish long periods of blissful afk time b:surrender
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Doubt it...

I finally put a new seeker i made in there (too cash in his shards) and get them outta his 'bag & safe slots') after he made level~48 in 4 days (No 'Glitching, Eso's or Hypers' BTW.' while only using questing as the way to level him') and he had built up a full (24~reflection shards) by then, and I still couldn't access the 'deep reflection' option even then; so after refreshing his hours to the full 24 he had accrued, I just decided to leave and see how many (shard hours) I can accrue for him, too get it too its maximum allowed time limit.....b:pleased

I had wondered the same thing you did, but waited until I had accrued a full days worth of shards to see about it, and it still didn't allow it to be accessable, so the {deep option} has gotta be for something else...b:thanks
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Only problem might be the price of that item in cash shop. But let's hope it will come cheap.

It's F2P game. Same as any other F2P game with cash shop. There will be many, many more items in cash shop. Try any other F2P game and you'll find that cash shop is pretty much the same.

One of the big things about PWI is that you can trade the cash shop items. A lot of f2p games don't allow that, containing some items that have stats completely unattainable without spending cash on them. Heck, one f2p game I played before PWE pretty much had me resorting to grinding for funds, then spending that on gambling and hoping for a lucky win. I would then spend the win on the same gamble and hopefully repeat the cycle. Ironically, I found some rookie who had a rare item, which I bought for pocket change and then sold for a hilariously high sum, which pretty much allowed me to just log in and gamble all day. "All day" here meaning until the forced cap of 30 attempts per day.

But yes, PWE has a weird thing with pricing their items. The Ocean Orbs dropped from 75 Gold to 20 Gold, then rose up back up to 50 Gold, then 30 Gold and now 25 Gold. Packs started out at 1 Gold each, the lowest they've been is 22 Silver I believe. But yes, I would predict that the first sale price is going to be high. After all, it makes sense: you start by testing it with a deliberate overprice to see if it'd sell well enough. If not, you either decide that the item itself is unpopular or you lower the price on the next trial.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • istar2012
    istar2012 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hello everyone, maybe I'm naive but my first thought when I saw "deep reflection" was a way to reflect while logged off.
  • LyraListig - Sanctuary
    LyraListig - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Item for Deep Reflection

Radiant Shard ▼

A stone filled with the power to help you achieve Deep Reflection.
    Lv31+ players can speak to Mira Laedi in Archosaur or Thousand Streams to reach the Realm of Reflection.

Award from quest
    Enter Wonder World (0)
    Start to meditate (0) Amount: 2

Item can be crafted
    u need: 2X Reflective Shard + 2X Brilliant Essence
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Item for Deep Reflection

Radiant Shard ▼

A stone filled with the power to help you achieve Deep Reflection.
    Lv31+ players can speak to Mira Laedi in Archosaur or Thousand Streams to reach the Realm of Reflection.

Award from quest
    Enter Wonder World (0)
    Start to meditate (0) Amount: 2

Item can be crafted
    u need: 2X Reflective Shard + 2X Brilliant Essence

Necro. +1
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    *throws holy water* Begone, dead thread!
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.