New gear

Options
Kalishana - Archosaur
Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Wizard
Now that Adroit and Nurfed's back for a week, i might as well take the time to ask about gear upgrades. b:chuckle

Current Gear:
http://pwcalc.com/bf1b50909c10ca9e

Either going for Crit or chan... not sure which is better.

Thanks guys b:victory

Btw, i do have 5 divine honors so part of this is whether or not i should get the glaives of divinity or not
And, i level up slowly (no FC, no hyper, so was level like 64 when Nurfed said she was leaving)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
Post edited by Kalishana - Archosaur on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Now that Adroit and Nurfed's back for a week, i might as well take the time to ask about gear upgrades. b:chuckle

Current Gear:
    http://pwcalc.com/bf1b50909c10ca9e

Either going for Crit or chan... not sure which is better.

Thanks guys b:victory

Btw, i do have 5 divine honors so part of this is whether or not i should get the glaives of divinity or not
    And, i level up slowly (no FC, no hyper, so was level like 64 when Nurfed said she was leaving)

What exactly are you trying to gear up for? I'm assuming it's not for pvp, but do you just do quests.. or you looking more towards instances (and which ones)?

I can tell you right away though that if you aren't planning on pvp, I'd go for channeling. Crit is AMAZING for bypassing charms (only applicable in pvp), so in pve it really only a tiny boost in average dps. Channeling will likely increase your dps more than crit will, and you build chi a little faster. I could see the case being made for crit when in rebirth, but in general, I'd still recommend channeling gear for pve.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well mostly for instances (Still level 7X so not sure what high end ones but stuff you do with fac mates)

Will go into TW when i get to 9X... And for PVP... really only dueling people and maybe a Pk here and there. Surely I'm not gonna be as hardcore as you, but I might do some PvP if i ever ever get to high levels.

So i guess gear for surviveability cuz most mobs kill me in 3-4 shots unless they are physical, then its like 1-2 shots if i'm not charmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The first thing you should get are sleaves of sea captain, and for pvp crit is amazing on a wizard (if you look at the ashenskies thread i made you will notice every time she killed me it was from a crit.)
    And if you are planning to do some pvp you will need physical ornaments which dont have - channel. So if you want to go down that path you will find your self having two different sets of gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The first thing you should get are sleaves of sea captain

Lols whoops forgot to mention that i have those in my inventory. b:surrender

But like i need better footgear. And maybe a better hat and cape. Or whatever else you guys can note as needing to upgrade.

Like for the weapon, I'm stuck in the middle of 3 weapons right now.

-3% chan of the endless ambiguity really only saves me like 0.24 seconds if i use Sandstorm->Stone Rain-> Divine Pyro. But thats a ****ty combination as it takes too long to do so -3% chan really isn't too significant until i get a bunch of other -chan gear (which i dont know what to get so b:sad)

the added crit from Yaksa is really good, along with its phys res= best choice... but somehow my server has none of those on the market and apparently it'd be very expensive. Dont know if its worth it or not compared to the last weapon im debating on.

So Glaives of divinity offers no survivability but through calculations, it gives me about the same damage on average as does Yaksa. Given that, I'd outrightly choose Yaksa... except i have 5 divine honors of the shadows... so Free glaives that can't upgrade vs Expensive Yaksa that can upgrade... b:surrender

But thanks for the current help, hope to hear more suggestions. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well mostly for instances (Still level 7X so not sure what high end ones but stuff you do with fac mates)

Will go into TW when i get to 9X... And for PVP... really only dueling people and maybe a Pk here and there. Surely I'm not gonna be as hardcore as you, but I might do some PvP if i ever ever get to high levels.

So i guess gear for surviveability cuz most mobs kill me in 3-4 shots unless they are physical, then its like 1-2 shots if i'm not charmed.

Well if you can afford it, I'd get a TT 80 green wep (probably endless ambiguity or yaksa).. glaives of divinity isn't a particularly good weapon. Unfortunately there isn't much "standard" gear (set stat gear like TT or rank) around your level that is good.. you have the pants, I'd assume you have sleeves of sea captain for lvl 77.. and you seem to have the right idea with gear looking for stuff with pdef/hp/etc. You might take a look at some low refines (like +2/+3 MAX) by just using a few mirages (no orbs/tienkangs etc) and maybe some g7 shards in some of the stuff you think you'll be using for a while (and you will be if you level the old way lol). Refines and shards are great "bang for your buck" as long as you don't overdo it (and realize they don't hold their value well when reselling).

Other than that, the only other option that I can think of (which I did) is/was adding some vit for the extra survivability (like 50ish). You would gain 500hp (which is a lot for you), and really won't lose much damage (I'd be surprised if you even noticed tbh).. and then when you get higher level where magic attack is more important.. you can then stat it back into magic with a single intermediate reset note. I think it's an outstanding trade-off myself for the lower levels, obviously things will change near end game with high refines and all that good stuff.. but for the lower levels I'm surprised so many people discount it as an option. I guess there are a lot of "purists" out there that think a wizard is all about being a glass cannon, and they would probably choose a +1 matk stat over +100 def levels.. just silly thinking imo.

edit: sry didn't read last few posts before this.. typed a couple words and got distracted, came back and posted without checking if any new responses lol :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I guess there are a lot of "purists" out there that think a wizard is all about being a glass cannon.

Oh hey check out my new forum thing the glass cannon dragon thingy b:laugh

Anyways Thanks for the tips. Any gear you would like to suggest me to go for? Since you're probably gonna go on a hiatus again, go up to level 85 gear. Ill probably be around that leveling up the old way by the time you come back again. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Leveling up the old way would mean you were doing gv at that level :P

as far as questing, when i was that lvl i think i just ended up with full mold gear. and found a nice 3* helm with like 3x pdef adds on it.

Just check ah for cheap 3* helm/boots because there really arent any great molds/tt at your level.

I played a few old school private servers and i'd always stat 50vit. for pve it will take one more hit to kill most mobs and you can kite them indefinitly.

for now, just concentrate on hp/pdef so you cna make it through quests without dieing at all. once you get to frost crit is nice and so is channeling, but dont sacrifice pdef/hp for either at that level. dunno if you'll do frost at all*

personally i would just shoot for 3k hp by 80 with 50 vit and around 4k pdef self buffed. iirc anyways. been a long time since i was that lvl out farming subs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    K thanks so much guys.
    Ima probably shard in 3 flawless citrines onto my sleeves, and +2.
    Also im looking into an Endless Ambiguity.
    Still dont know about hat and shoes yet. My server somehow doesn't have a good AH.

Dont know about dding vit or not though... reset notes come with a hefty price (like 5-6 mil in my server) Dont know if thats really worth it or not.
    Expected Level 81: http://pwcalc.com/2ecd60a3ae5d6437

In anycase, feel free to recommend anything up to level 85 gear.
    And thanks so much :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i remember using this +7 aquathingy that looked cool and glowed orange from 8x till r8... then used it for cleric and veno too. are they no longer viable?
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Aquadash (or its Precostruct version) are both very very expensive... Poor Non-CS-Horrible-Merchant like me cannot afford anything over farmable coins (so nothing over 500k). The only reason why i have the LV80 chest up there even though its prety expensive is due to the fact that i somehow got the rest of the
    gear for less than 50k :D (someone decided to be nice and sell off a bunch of 3 stars for cheap)

http://pwcalc.com/1dd05891a271d067
    Got Endless Ambiguity, And a new cap. Waiting on the chest piece for now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.