Why the heck is DQ items 1 Coin?!

khethos0001
khethos0001 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I just came back to the game to start playing again and now I notice that DQ stuff is ONE COIN?! I've read now that it's the low level stuff to Lv30 DQ that's nerfed to hell, but why did they do such a thing?

I never saw botters or hackers on this game, so I can't think of a single decent reason why the DQ prices dropped to nothing.

I know people will say "oh but the quests give more, so its a moot point" no, its not. Some people on here use lower level characters to manually farm materials for crafting or whatever, and that money is needed if you've already blown your quests before this money armageddon happened. Now I gotta farm on my high level to mail money to my low level so I can keep my equipment from falling apart?

It's nuts! I thought coming back to PWI was going to be a good thing, first I come back when SP was perma PK mode, now I come back again to this?

I say to change it back, there is no good reason for this and if newer players ever find out that their currently large stacks of 1 coin drops was worth 1k+ EACH they might quit. Stuff on here is EXPENSIVE!
Post edited by khethos0001 on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aside from the money from quests there are still:

-Seasonal quests (which, I believe, is a daily that changes with each season) which give 120k.
    -Crafting materials. Simple things like Rough Fur or Concentrated Glue can be sold to catshops for like 20k a piece on my server.
    -Dragon Quests. If they're only worth 1 coin a piece now, might as well use them for what they were originally intended for. A Copper Dragon Order can still go for over 100k.
    -Free charms to press potion costs.

I agree that there was no good reason to change lower level DQ's, but it got balanced out pretty well, in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khethos0001
    edited August 2012
    I already get most of my income on game by farming/selling crafting mats, but to have extra income just plain drop like that is nuts. From my time farming, I could make an extra 100-200k DAILY just from the DQ drops!

The Dragon Quest itself takes a lot of time (wasted time) flying around to complete, I'm just looking for straight out money making since buying Cash Shop Gold through AH is the only way I can get it and at 1.6 mil each on Heaven's Tear, its getting more and more expensive and impossible to get.

I just like to zone out to music and farm stuff so I can get stuff done later. I love how sustaining that's been taken away from me.

I feel so close to uninstalling for life and not looking back. I keep coming back for memories and good gameplay, but all the **** is killing it. I know prices will never go back to what they were 4 years ago (100k for one CS Gold b:dirty) but the game just feels hostile to lower level or new players.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    ...I never saw botters or hackers on this game, so I can't think of a single decent reason why the DQ prices dropped to nothing.

Ok, this topic has been covered Over and Over again, but since you can't search and read, I'll go over it, AGAIN.

PW-CN has a massive problem with bot farmers.
    Our Code comes directly from PW-CN, they basically just translate it from Chinese to English.
    SO, they make a change on PW-CN to fight the botters.
    Because our code comes from PW-CN, we get the change too.
    End of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok, this topic has been covered Over and Over again, but since you can't search and read, I'll go over it, AGAIN.

Our Code comes directly from PW-CN, they basically just translate it from Chinese to English.
    End of story.

Sorry but no they can change whatever they want like the 8 hour farm rule we don't have it they only nerfed low lvl dq so new players feel more urged to charge zhen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • AirialAce - Raging Tide
    AirialAce - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    why would you grind on low lvl toons for coins if it goes like 1000X faster on high lvl...
    stop crying.enjoy the game...
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    why would you grind on low lvl toons for coins if it goes like 1000X faster on high lvl...

Enjoy the game you say? Maybe that's what some people are doing when they want to farm at lower lvl's. Yeah plvl as fast as possible I guess that's your idea of enjoying the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • khethos0001
    edited August 2012

End of story.

I did search, and I read before, and I've known for a long while that there's been a problem with this game and that it's mostly that there's no autonomy when it comes to coding for this game. The SP PK problem showed it. A simple fix that should have been done in a hotfix instead took 6+ MONTHS to fix.

Just because PW-CN has a bot problem doesn't mean all the versions have the problem. They need to be able to allow some authority to the operators of the localized versions so there's not going to be continued headaches or making changes that can be gamebreaking in another version.

There's no need to be rude about it.

As for "faster farming on high levels", when certain materials are desperately wanted, the price is going to be high due to demand. If you know what to get and where to farm, even low levels can get a good amount of money easily solo without the need for bossing or instance running. The DQs helped that be a reality so CS Gold wouldn't be so far out of reach.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry but no they can change whatever they want like the 8 hour farm rule we don't have it they only nerfed low lvl dq so new players feel more urged to charge zhen.

1) A new mechanic that they can flip on/off is not the same thing as a reduction in the value of an item.

2)That particular update may or may not come with the next expansion, had nothing to do with reflections. I know it's kinda confusing because PWI is acting like this is an expansion with the renaming and stuff but there seems to be an honest to goodness expansion on the horizon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bumping random threads to fight bot spam
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Rizalight - Sanctuary
    Rizalight - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just logged on and found out that dq olv 1-30 is only 1 coin now? What the....??????!?!?!?!?! that is so not cool. i really depend on DQ coinage. That's how i make most of my money on PWI. My low lv chars are poor as it is, this is rediculous.
    and just PWI programers know, you're prolly going to lose a lot of new players and old ones returning cuz of this. its gonna hurt PWI more then help it.

I say we should start a vote or soemthing. Let them know PWI players don't like this. period.
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Only form lvl 1 to max lvl30 is OK. But how can i be sure you don't nerft later all DQ items(Yes, yes, bots use also FC to rush lvl up). Why you do so much wrong in this game PWI, why?. Look, no one here have a fun with "get", only with "bought by gold, from real money". It's all began up this sick "Anniversary Pack" was on. Then this game begun to be destroyed. No one now wanna help, all do this game "solo", Sins buy from real money best armor and weapon in game(ye i know Nirvana is a bit better). Use invisible, run between mod in dungeon(no need to wine), and solo killing all bosses. Ye ye, power in the money, nice job PWI, very nice. No one care to "GAIN" something in game now, all wanna only to "buy".
    I remember the times where was almost nothing in Boutique, just few Fashions, and what?. Can players playing?. Yes, and how?!. But now?. All is in Boutique, even "Reputation" is for sale(lol). You want something to change at good in game?. Then lessen me now, carefully:
    1. Remove almost all from Boutique, just fashions, mounts and charms should be there.
    2. Better quests rewards, like "Hypers" as a quest reward.
    Yes you finally need to do something to get this.
    3. DQ items on old prices, yes 10k from lvl20 items each.
    4. GM 24/7 Online, yes 1 GM pro server.
    5. Better support in game, no more need to wait more then week for Ticked answer.
    6. More money from quests, like 100k-500k up lvl 50+ pro long and complicated quest.
    7. Less repair costs for close combat characters.
    8. Less potions costs for casters characters.
    9. Game balance, no more "pay to win". If you need r9, you need to "Earn it", by helping in FB19....
    10. In duel mode, all assassins should be no more able to use invisible skill to hide. Far play game.

So if you change PWI like this i promise YOU PWI, that TONS of players will be back to game.

Till now I'm out, so PWI is DONE. I can't have better items or lvl so I'm DONE. Also looking for other game like PWI :D.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd go the easy path and say it's another unfair choice from the management.
    We were not even consulted on this.

I don't npc them usually and I tend to sell them to catshops for more value (opening shop and waiting for victims... I mean customers to buy my stock is a pain). That said, waiting for them to spawn and buy the correct DQs is a pain too. b:cry
    But given this awful change, they are more enclined to lower their buying rates, which is most annoying. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    But given this awful change, they are more enclined to lower their buying rates, which is most annoying. b:surrender

I saw a shop that was buying the low level DQs (and it was the only shop buying them too ><) for the vendor price of 1 coin. Ha! I said **** that and just NPC'd them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    -Seasonal quests (which, I believe, is a daily that changes with each season) which give 120k.

Have the chance to give 50k, i made a low lvl veno for fun and tried that quest, it's base on luck, you need to kill some mobs 2 times, than the npc give you 6 box you need to open you need to get 4 words ''Seven'' ''years'' ''in'' ''perfect wolrd'', i never got them 4, so didn't got the 50k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    my guess would be they changed the value on lower lvl Dragon quest items, because the Main server has problems with Bots, and those DQ items are the main source of income for thoose Bots.
    perhaps in time they will change the value back to original amount on servers that dont have the trouble
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Have the chance to give 50k, i made a low lvl veno for fun and tried that quest, it's base on luck, you need to kill some mobs 2 times, than the npc give you 6 box you need to open you need to get 4 words ''Seven'' ''years'' ''in'' ''perfect wolrd'', i never got them 4, so didn't got the 50k.

I just saved the words for tries on subsequent days. Stacking them up worked out well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Becouse PWE wants you to cash, not farm /Thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Hum for many thing, 1st the bot probably get ban.

Then if on a pvp server, the blue name prevent pk.

finally it's a lot easier to make low level veno then any other high lv to farm and get ban..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dispelle - Harshlands
    Dispelle - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm with the person who said earlier that they hope this isn't leading up to nerfing all DQ prices. b:surrender
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't blame PWI. Blame the lame botters, that ruined it for others who don't run bot programs. As for the 1 coin from 1 to 30, it didn't affect my low level. The coin drops made up for it a bit, and once I was killing mobs out of the low DQ range, all was fine.

I would not be surprised if in the future, DQ item values drop significantly. Bot "players" in any game I have played are notoriously resourceful with figuring out how to do work arounds. I do wish PWI would be more aggressive when it comes to the rules in the ToS.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's still possible to sell the mats (oils, furs) for decent amounts of money. Inb4 botters bot for mats b:shutup
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    _Shakez_ - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They did it because of the bots in china so i heard but no worries after you hit 40 its back to normal againb:victory

O_O*Hears a familiar song and looks on TV* OMG LITTLE BEAR IS ON so much memoriesb:heart
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just came back to the game to start playing again and now I notice that DQ stuff is ONE COIN?! I've read now that it's the low level stuff to Lv30 DQ that's nerfed to hell, but why did they do such a thing?

I never saw botters or hackers on this game, so I can't think of a single decent reason why the DQ prices dropped to nothing.

I know people will say "oh but the quests give more, so its a moot point" no, its not. Some people on here use lower level characters to manually farm materials for crafting or whatever, and that money is needed if you've already blown your quests before this money armageddon happened. Now I gotta farm on my high level to mail money to my low level so I can keep my equipment from falling apart?

It's nuts! I thought coming back to PWI was going to be a good thing, first I come back when SP was perma PK mode, now I come back again to this?

I say to change it back, there is no good reason for this and if newer players ever find out that their currently large stacks of 1 coin drops was worth 1k+ EACH they might quit. Stuff on here is EXPENSIVE!

Uhhhhhhhh it's only the lower level dq and even they are one coin to npc
    You can sell for more than that as catshop and also the low lvl dq wasn't all that in worth
    Anyways.

Grow up and farm the spiders up in avalanche before x2 is over because it x2 dq points...all I really do dq for anyways is for the points.

If I had to make my coin off of dq alone then I would be broke depressed person on this game lol
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nerfing low level DQ does nothing but hurt the new players coming into the game. I created a new seeker to level legitly, and here's what I found:

YES the new seasonal quest pays a good amount of coin for the level...but it SUCKS!! A new player would be extremely confused, and BORED!! They have you travel back and forth from South Arch to outside west/north/...even Allied 4-5 times. So I guess they want new players to purchase a mount? Sorry, but I think most would need to get into the game more before that. The word/phrase quest really is horrid.

The player must first find the NPC to trade the quest items for something else (sorry tired and can't think lol). Then they open that...pack?...for a random word. Doing this took me 3 days to complete 1 phrase...and used up most of my inventory! The seasonal quest isn't fun!!!

After completion of the first phrase I quit doing those quests, so then started grinding. Yes, a player COULD do the long drawn-out DQ quest for copper orders to sell, but is that fun? NOPE...and would take for-ev-or for a total noob to complete due to lack of knowledge of what's required and travel times. So I'm going to rule out DQ for coin. All to factor in now is craft mats.

Did you know, most noobs don't know how to set kitty shop?.or how to sell to a kitty?..or even know what the craft mats are all about? Do you remember when you were a noob? Yea didn't think so. Let us presume the said noob DOES in fact know what the mats are worth, but wants to lvl crafting skills (which isn't a bad idea). They would need those mats. So in the end we can rule out craft mats as well...I donated all craft mats found for faction use.

Bottom line after playing through the eyes of a noob to lvl40...

Seasonal Quest = this sucks...I quit.
    Dragon Quest 20/31 = this sucks...I quit.
    Craft mats = lolwut? I don't know what those are, and don't bother to look at kitty shops because I HAVE NO COIN TO BUY ANYTHING.

I was out of coin for skills by lvl39...The End.

This hasn't solved the botting issue at all...since I've seen a few high level bots grinding in Morai day in and day out. It seems PWI doesn't ban anyone now unless something goes wrong with PayPal or an accidental ban.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nerfing low level DQ does nothing but hurt the new players coming into the game. I created a new seeker to level legitly, and here's what I found:

YES the new seasonal quest pays a good amount of coin for the level...but it SUCKS!! A new player would be extremely confused, and BORED!! They have you travel back and forth from South Arch to outside west/north/...even Allied 4-5 times. So I guess they want new players to purchase a mount? Sorry, but I think most would need to get into the game more before that. The word/phrase quest really is horrid.

The player must first find the NPC to trade the quest items for something else (sorry tired and can't think lol). Then they open that...pack?...for a random word. Doing this took me 3 days to complete 1 phrase...and used up most of my inventory! The seasonal quest isn't fun!!!

After completion of the first phrase I quit doing those quests, so then started grinding. Yes, a player COULD do the long drawn-out DQ quest for copper orders to sell, but is that fun? NOPE...and would take for-ev-or for a total noob to complete due to lack of knowledge of what's required and travel times. So I'm going to rule out DQ for coin. All to factor in now is craft mats.

Did you know, most noobs don't know how to set kitty shop?.or how to sell to a kitty?..or even know what the craft mats are all about? Do you remember when you were a noob? Yea didn't think so. Let us presume the said noob DOES in fact know what the mats are worth, but wants to lvl crafting skills (which isn't a bad idea). They would need those mats. So in the end we can rule out craft mats as well...I donated all craft mats found for faction use.

Bottom line after playing through the eyes of a noob to lvl40...

Seasonal Quest = this sucks...I quit.
    Dragon Quest 20/31 = this sucks...I quit.
    Craft mats = lolwut? I don't know what those are, and don't bother to look at kitty shops because I HAVE NO COIN TO BUY ANYTHING.

I was out of coin for skills by lvl39...The End.

I'll ask you if you did quests. The reason being is when I made my mystic after all of these recent changes the quests rewards were revamped as well as the coin drop from mobs in that level range. I had more then sufficient coin to get through those levels and I got it currently to 86 atm sustaining on self earned coin and with purchasing of skills / gear etc I still have plenty coin left over. Now of course I'm not being ridiculous and purchasing things WAY out of my budget, but still good enough until I can obtain better gear with it.

And btw. If you see people botting record it and submit a ticket with the evidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    I'll ask you if you did quests. The reason being is when I made my mystic after all of these recent changes the quests rewards were revamped as well as the coin drop from mobs in that level range. I had more then sufficient coin to get through those levels and I got it currently to 86 atm sustaining on self earned coin and with purchasing of skills / gear etc I still have plenty coin left over. Now of course I'm not being ridiculous and purchasing things WAY out of my budget, but still good enough until I can obtain better gear with it.

And btw. If you see people botting record it and submit a ticket with the evidence.

yes I did quests...I played through like an actual noob would. Note the class difference. A mystic has far less repairs. All my seeker's gear was from drops or quest rewards. b:pleased

nty...I've done enough police work for PWI over the last 4 years. Until they get GM's to answer to "report this player for hacking", I'm not gonna waste my time. That's a much faster system for both ends of the deal (PWI and myself).
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • debauch
    debauch Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most of the online gaming sites ive played on do things like this. Some people cheat and everyone has to pay for it. ie.. we're going to punish you the way we punish all cheaters, even though you didn't.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Please do not post in threads whose last post is more than 30 days old. It's called a necro and it's against forum policy. There is already a topic about this here. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1520071 Thank you.

-closed for necro-

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.