Note: I didn't go all out -.-...it's a reasonable build, seriously
Post edited by Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Get a mdef Cube neck.

Other than that, at least you have the gear for it unlike a certain HA mystic on HL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Although i wouldn't ever take that route or LA, thats not that bad actually. Decent defenses...your magic attack is low for obvious reasons...but if you +12 the weapon, that would be a nice boost..maybe an icebourne added :o
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Actually seems pretty decent though i'd never go for it...i like it to where i can have over 38k mag attack buffed or so..
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If this build was possible when I decided to R9 my mystic, I really would have considered going this route instead.

Only difference would be my armors would be +11 instead of all +12 like in PWcalc.

And the R9 recast wep >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It's interesting, but why would you do that? o.o

You chances to kill someone are pretty low because your magic damage wont be enough to bypass their charm nor heal others fast/strong enough to keep them alife (This could be an error).

May I know how is this useful, to survive surprise sins attacks?
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It's interesting, but why would you do that? o.o

You chances to kill someone are pretty low because your magic damage wont be enough to bypass their charm nor heal others fast/strong enough to keep them alife (This could be an error).

May I know how is this useful, to survive surprise sins attacks?

If i had that build, with my current R9 +11 wep, Break in the clouds would still be healing for ~5k hp per cast. In all honesty my current heal which does ~7-8k just overheals most people, since most classes only have ~12-15k hp.

Also I don't find myself having to kill full-buffed R9's that often, which is the only case where dps really matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ''looks at matk''

wow that's probably the most expensive way to turn an op myst into a mediocre one for all the upgrades
    b:chuckle

HA venos already fail a bit even with so called ''melee mastery" what made you think this one will actually do wonders with a myst's heal and buffs?

@ Dariboo +1 better blast them to bits boy!
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited September 2012
    Options
    akosireann wrote: »
    ''looks at matk''

wow that's probably the most expensive way to turn an op myst into a mediocre one for all the upgrades
    b:chuckle

HA venos already fail a bit even with so called ''melee mastery" what made you think this one will actually do wonders with a myst's heal and buffs?

@ Dariboo +1 better blast them to bits boy!

See, that's really not how I look at it. Mystics make pretty good single target DD's, sure, but that's not the main use of the class. Look at their skills - almost every single one of their DD's have some utility attached to it that helps the squad get a kill. Our Bramble is a hard nuke, but also stuns and knocks them back 10m. Our gale force does decent aoe damage, but also immobilizes, slows 70%, and seals. Our Weeping breeze doesn't just hit hard, it lowers their hp by 8%, making them easier to kill for other people after their charm ticks. Our thicket isn't just a hard aoe nuke, it seals/immobilizes for a full 8 seconds. All of these don't require high magic attack to accomplish.

This is different from say, a cleric. A cleric doing DD is just doing mediocre DD - there's absolutely no reason a cleric should be using tempest or plume shot in TW, since the only thing it does is mediocre damage. But a mystic who only heals like clerics do is missing out on half of the utility aspect of mystic nukes. That's the main reason why our heal channels in .5 secs - The devs expect us to be doing DD + utility, but then throw that quick heal to save someone who's about to drop. We don't need loads of magic attack to save someone from near death. After that the cleric's superior ironheart takes over (which does require high m. attack to get good HPS to keep a target alive under heavy fire) and the mystics go back to knocking the agressor away, or CC'ing them, all while doing damage.

Also to add to that, mystics were not designed to be a mobile class. Our version of guardian light doesn't give us movement speed...it actually roots us in place, forcing us to stand still or use it while under anti-stun. We're less mobile than even clerics. Instead we get plants, 100% phy/mag resist buffs, stun resistance, quick heals, and a punishing close range AOE CC to survive in the thick of fights. If you can't tank moderate damage as mystic, then you're spending a LOT of time running doing nothing and/or being distracted from your job.

So really IMO I just don't view mystics as a pure DD class who's only worth is damage. Damage is only a small aspect of the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yep. I could have posted an HA build for a cleric or something, but the main reasons I posted it for a mystic have been outlined by Burnout. Mystics have a lot of CC and debuffs that don't necessarily rely on mag attack, and the amount I achieved in the build (can be even high with +11 or +12) is definitely enough to heal someone at near death.

To the poster who asked what this build would be useful for, I was thinking it's good for TW. Most classes that would target you use phys damage (since mystics are usually AA), so an HA build would increase survivability by a lot. Plus in TW, mystics are usually support, not primary DD's or primary healers. It's true in 1v1 pvp or something, this build isn't as good as a pure arcane.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So I took these 2 (equivalent) builds through my damage calculator:

HA
    vs.
    AA

And the result is that the HA build has about 25% less damage on average among the attacking skills (thicket remains the same since it's just weapon damage). If you count in damage from pets, these 2 builds' damage output would also be a bit closer together.

So the AA build has a clear advantage in damage, yet the HA build seems to have an equal advantage in survivability. Which one is better is probably an endless debate since it's more of a matter of preference here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So I took these 2 (equivalent) builds through my damage calculator:

HA
    vs.
    AA

And the result is that the HA build has about 25% less damage on average among the attacking skills (thicket remains the same since it's just weapon damage). If you count in damage from pets, these 2 builds' damage output would also be a bit closer together.

So the AA build has a clear advantage in damage, yet the HA one build seems to have an equal advantage in survivability.

You linked 2 different HA builds.

Keep in mind this difference starts to lower when you sac storm mistress and have rapid growth active. Comparatively the HA gains more % damage increase from storm mistress and rapid growth, and this fits with the build since mistress also shores up HA's only weakness, magic def, by giving a 100% bonus. Plus pets actually become stronger than AA pets, due to having more armor and hp with the exact same m. attack/phy. attack.

Also keep in mind, this build lets you confidently stand toe-to-toe with archers and nuke them blow-for-blow, which also potentially increases "real world" dps. Most AA's would be desperately running away or spamming heal on themselves, while the HA calmly sacs a pet, and starts nuking at 200% bonus m. attack. Archers are surprisingly fragile when their opponents actually start hitting back instead of desperately trying to run/survive. Same thing with sins. Even a HA R9 mystic can one-shot a sin fairly easily.

Main downside to this build is you basically have to accept that you can't kill marrowed BM's, barbs. and IH'ed clerics solo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You linked 2 different HA builds.

****... and now I lost the link to the right one...

[edit] fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ****... and now I lost the link to the right one...

[edit] fixed.

Well now it definitely makes more sense. The HA build in your calc has almost 120% better survivability than the AA to physical damage. It basically makes all sin fights trivial, and forces archers to spam their low-damage metal skills that don't benefit from -int or quickshot procs (and even then archers Auto HA's majority of the time).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]