Ancient Helm Mold...

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Well, I am trying to get this mold, but after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=577982&highlight=Ancient+Helm+Mold I did notice you can't pick the quest to start the quest chain.

Is everything what this person say right or do you have to do something else to get it?

I know you can get it because someone in RT linked it on WC long time ago.

Also, does anyone know anything about this bosses? I want to summon the boss as cleric, but I dont know if he is going to be hard or anything.
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    He is a pain in the cheeks. I summoned him as a cleric and good thing I had a good squad with me. Take a good squad and you will be ok b:victory.

Here is the boss for clerics and no i did not get the helm mold b:cry which was the whole reason I did the quest (aside doing quests) http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/23555

And yes you can not pick the quest it is a popup that I remember(if I am remembering right) I am pretty sure you get it in the 80's or 90's. I can quite remember off hand.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    First quest that needs to be done would be this. You'll be rewarded with a Talisman of the Glade, which when used will let you start this quest chain.

The summoned bosses themselves can be quite a pain, but they're interesting nonetheless. I remember the Barb's summon - Infernal Sonikbeast (who also drops the Helm Mold) wasnt so bad, only having an occasional AoE attack, AoE seal, and AoE stun. On the other hoof, Herald of Agony was able to 1-hit people when it said "You are dead, man!" or something...

(Now if only I could find someone with the ring mold...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    First quest that needs to be done would be this. You'll be rewarded with a Talisman of the Glade, which when used will let you start this quest chain.

The summoned bosses themselves can be quite a pain, but they're interesting nonetheless. I remember the Barb's summon - Infernal Sonikbeast (who also drops the Helm Mold) wasnt so bad, only having an occasional AoE attack, AoE seal, and AoE stun. On the other hoof, Herald of Agony was able to 1-hit people when it said "You are dead, man!" or something...

(Now if only I could find someone with the ring mold...)
    Just completed that quest, I need to kill 2 lunar bosses now. Thanks for the info.

Now another question... Can you summon the bosses as many times as you want? The link I posted on my first post says the summon thing resets everytime you go to OHT, is it true?
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'd assume you can re-summon them once the instance has been reset and the appropriate measures have been taken to summon the correct Wygie.

Edit: Re-reading it, that link basically is saying that your Invitation of Purgatory comes back in your inventory once its been used, just like OHT's Chrono Key.

I'm not sure how valid it is, but it was rumored that the bosses could be summoned in Neo Deity Mode and still satisfy that kill-quest.

Good luck~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm not sure how valid it is, but it was rumored that the bosses could be summoned in Neo Deity Mode and still satisfy that kill-quest.

Good luck~

If that's true it would still take about 4 mil worth in tokens to get the necessary amount of neo-deity scrolls to summon that boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If that's true it would still take about 4 mil worth in tokens to get the necessary amount of neo-deity scrolls to summon that boss.

or just do full lunar during bh's only costs 500k, that is if the squad will help you with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options

If its true...
    ND Mode was changed when they brought it back, so its hard to tell if such a method is still viable. I'll have to try it again when I run through that quest again.

or just do full lunar during bh's only costs 500k, that is if the squad will help you with it

You'll still require Relic of Wind to complete that quest.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Btw, is it possible to summon the bosses as TB or EG?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yes @ bosses in the quest, i was refering to his 4m in scrolls. even if you pay the 3m fee up front (which is what i had to do when i did the quests) it is alot cheaper than using the scrolls plus the mats you get from the bosses normaly covers the 3m fee excluding any golds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Btw, is it possible to summon the bosses as TB or EG?
    Just the original classes unless they updated the map, which is highly unlikely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The only problem is usually getting a squad to do the Relic of Wind path, unless you've got a squad that farms lunar with you or a nice faction.

Most people just want to do bh path which makes getting Primal Fear easily done though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The only problem is usually getting a squad to do the Relic of Wind path, unless you've got a squad that farms lunar with you or a nice faction.

Most people just want to do bh path which makes getting Primal Fear easily done though.

^

The only way I managed to ever get that done was by standing idly and watching my squad kill only one tombstones before pouncing on Genisiac Blink and persuading them to finish the run since the damage was already done.
    b:laugh
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    May I know how do you summon bosses using the neo deity scrolls? I am totally lost and pwdatabase is not helping a lot... x_x
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You can exchange tokens for ND Scrolls at a Boutique Agent (I believe the exchange rate was 10 tokens for a scroll). You'll require 40, but you'll need an extra one for an exchange - along with the Scrolls, you'll need God's Breath...so you'll require 41 scrolls.

Once you have those, enter the Lunar Glade and talk to the Unkonwn Merchant. Take the Scroll for Breath quest, and he'll give you 5 God's Breath for one of your scrolls. Afterwards, you can talk to Tsou, and take the quest to summon one of the Lunar Glade's bosses (a weaker version of them). Different bosses require different amounts of scrolls.

He'll then teleport you directly to the area where you can fight the summoned boss.
    I'm still unsure of this being capable to complete your quest, however...
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You can exchange tokens for ND Scrolls at a Boutique Agent (I believe the exchange rate was 10 tokens for a scroll). You'll require 40, but you'll need an extra one for an exchange - along with the Scrolls, you'll need God's Breath...so you'll require 41 scrolls.

Once you have those, enter the Lunar Glade and talk to the Unkonwn Merchant. Take the Scroll for Breath quest, and he'll give you 5 God's Breath for one of your scrolls. Afterwards, you can talk to Tsou, and take the quest to summon one of the Lunar Glade's bosses (a weaker version of them). Different bosses require different amounts of scrolls.

He'll then teleport you directly to the area where you can fight the summoned boss.
    I'm still unsure of this being capable to complete your quest, however...
    Seems to be Tsou doesn't exist.b:surrender
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I just spoke with him about the last visitor here a few minutes ago.
    ...If one of the monsters got him though, we'd definitely have a big problem...
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well, he doesn't exist on this server. I wish I could come back to check the NPC, but I dont feel good playing pwi anymore.b:sad