Merlox - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
can u still get ban if u get reported?
Post edited by Merlox - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes. Every class that are not EG and use EG stuff (hair, eyes etc..) would be banned if report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No1 will get banned for it.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's against the Terms of Service to .ini edit. So yes, you will be ban for it if you get reported.

Though the demand for editing of characters is very high.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1064101

I have no idea if they will ever change it, though it would be nice. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Yes it is against ToS.
    No you dont get any gameplay advantage from doing it.
    No PWE doesnt have the numbers to actually ban 30% of the player base.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes it is against ToS.
    No you dont get any gameplay advantage from doing it.
    No PWE doesnt have the numbers to actually ban 30% of the player base.

Might be more then 30%. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ToS are written for noone

you can offend,harras,scam,glitch break all rules except 1

selling your account for real money...pwi doesnt want people make money of them

thats actualy only rule i saw people getting permanently banned for

so feel free to do whatever you like except selling your acc for $
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They actually do and have banned for people for it.

I dare not say how I know.
    b:thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe. I have ehard of both kinds of cases. Guess it depends which GM your ticket gets handed to. Some comment positively on your look, others ban you.

Meh. If they wanted to ban everyone who has ini edits in some way now, they might as well close down to the servers. There won't be many people left. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hate to burst your bubbles, but there are in fact a large amount of people who want to play the game as it was intended to be played.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Where is that picture that has frankie being carried by that heavily ini edited chat b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hate to burst your bubbles, but there are in fact a large amount of people who want to play the game as it was intended to be played.

Most of which have left a long time ago. Including you, judging from your signature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No1 will get banned for it.

Bull.

Yes, they'll permanently ban your character until you submit a ticket and agree to change it back. If you repeatedly refuse to change the character, I'd imagine the permaban would stick. I know for a 100% fact that people do login only to find their character permanently banned over it. Although its fairly easy to get it lifted for first time offenders.

You're supposed to be able to ini edit your character. It's incredibly easy to do and is organized for the ease of the person to do it. Even non tech-savvy people can do it. It is allowed in every version of the game, including this one. The only people who are not allowed to do it are people on the US east and west coast servers. PWI allows people on the European serves to do it. So even going into the files isn't against the TOS anymore, you just cannot select a US server if you edit the character. As it's not allowed on the US servers only. Every other version permits it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bull.

Yes, they'll permanently ban your character until you submit a ticket and agree to change it back. If you repeatedly refuse to change the character, I'd imagine the permaban would stick. I know for a 100% fact that people do login only to find their character permanently banned over it. Although its fairly easy to get it lifted for first time offenders.

You're supposed to be able to ini edit your character. It's incredibly easy to do and is organized for the ease of the person to do it. Even non tech-savvy people can do it. It is allowed in every version of the game, including this one. The only people who are not allowed to do it are people on the US east and west coast servers. PWI allows people on the European serves to do it. So even going into the files isn't against the TOS anymore, you just cannot select a US server if you edit the character. As it's not allowed on the US servers only. Every other version permits it.

Just like they banned gooners? for like 3 days? prove to me this is a permamnent ban and that i have to follow the rules they dont enforce.
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, you can. Same with:

*Edited ****(rarely seen, but some dare do it)
    *Barb tiger head(human form) bigger then normal.
    *Anything else out-of-customization options.

But then again why would you even say you had this? It's like saying..."Hey look im 5aps in tiger or fox form and its so much better for farming!"...asking to be banned.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just like they banned gooners? for like 3 days? prove to me this is a permamnent ban and that i have to follow the rules they dont enforce.

Seen people banned for ini edits, they cry, whine, say sorry then log back in and do it again. There is no punishment in this game for any breaking of the rules.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seen people banned for ini edits, they cry, whine, say sorry then log back in and do it again. There is no punishment in this game for any breaking of the rules.

That image is sad because it's true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2012

dat income. it's a real shiny shiny for an F2P MMO.

They pick and chose, honestly. From what I've seen posted here and there.

They mentioned looking into the rule, but I think it was just a ruse to get the player base to stop raging about it. I don't see the real harm in it. They should fix the ToS and just get it over with, IMO.
    edited August 2012

Check your private messages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • No_peas - Heavens Tear
    No_peas - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can be banned, and i have been on another toon. Only when reported by another player though
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Bull.

Bull?

I know for a 100% fact there are people who **** the .ini files when it comes to customizing, only to never see their toons get banned. Could be total-money-spent-ingame related. Though i also know free 2 play players who edit their toon and dont get banned.

They should ban the players reporting others for this.
    edited August 2012
    Bull?

I know for a 100% fact there are people who **** the .ini files when it comes to customizing, only to never see their toons get banned. Could be total-money-spent-ingame related. Though i also know free 2 play players who edit their toon and dont get banned.

They should ban the players reporting others for this.

Just because you know people who haven't been banned, doesn't mean that they don't and won't ban you if you're reported by someone with nothing else better to do with their time. I know for a 100% fact that they ban people for it. Like I said, it can be reversed and its pretty easy to get the ban reversed for first time offenders.

Edit:

This is what happens to first time offenders. The ban is permanent and many have reported not getting an email so the person can't wait it out. People who don't know about the ticketing system and how to use it can find themselves banned for weeks. Some might even quit over it.
    1) for .ini edits, the character is banned until they ticket in, at which point they are given a choice between either agreeing to use a Makeover Scroll to go back to within what is possible in-game, or they can move all items to a different character before being re-banned for good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Venus, thats a GM response. You play long enough to know those are to be ignored.

[its to scare people, and checking your reaction, it works]

Just logged in and checked some faces. Majority had EG eyes. There was 1 seeker there.
    edited August 2012
    Venus, thats a GM response. You play long enough to know those are to be ignored.

[its to scare people, and checking your reaction, it works]

Just logged in and checked some faces. Majority had EG eyes. There was 1 seeker there.

It's not just a GM response. I know people who had this happen to them. I know for a 100% fact that he is telling the truth, this time around. :3 I know for a 100% plain old fact that is the procedure when you get banned the first time and that people do get banned for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    If you get reported by a d00she.
  • KizuKunaii - Harshlands
    KizuKunaii - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    See, this is why I play a private server for PW. .ini editting is not only allowed, it's encouraged on the server i play with a thread on the forums where people can trade .ini files among each other.
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    can u still get ban if u get reported?

I think i know who u want to report, Dia :D
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dog10240 wrote: »
    Yes, you can. Same with:

*Edited ****(rarely seen, but some dare do it)
    *Barb tiger head(human form) bigger then normal.
    *Anything else out-of-customization options.

But then again why would you even say you had this? It's like saying..."Hey look im 5aps in tiger or fox form and its so much better for farming!"...asking to be banned.

That one isn't an .ini edit, there is a preset on the barb page that has the massive head and small body which is why it isn't banable. Other edits are, but some people get banned some people don't. It's rather stupid they don't enhance the orginal classes with the better looks of the new ones, but hey the devs and PWI have made a lot of stupid choices over the years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.