New to being a Seeker, Help?

Options
Raziyal - Archosaur
Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Seeker
Hey guys,

I would like some advice from other seekers, just to help me out a bit. (seekers only a little baby of lvl 12)

I'm not new to PWi as i have multiple lvl 100+ characters but i am very new to this whole Seeker thing D:

The seeker i have created is mainly going to be a tank build and will be going sage >.>
On even levels add 3 STR, 2 DEX.
On odd levels add 2 STR, 1 DEX, 2 VIT.
(wondering if thats correct if not please correct it for me <3 )

I would like to know also what are the Main skills i will be using and what skill set i should be levelling first.
(I know Vortex is a BIG thing and will definatly make it a priority to lvl once i hit 59 +)

Any other tips for me to know?

I'm not sure about R8 quite yet since my HA Venomancer has Second cast nirvana i was just planing on moving her gear over at 100 on my seeker.

Other than the R8 wep is there any other good weps i could use?
(though i will possibly get the r8 wep anyway)

Thanks for your time :D

Edit: I have read guides on seekers for a few hours.... just letting you know
101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
102 Archer (Sage)
104 Barb (Sage)
101 Psy (Demon)
104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
Post edited by Raziyal - Archosaur on

Comments

• _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    First of all, i just wanted to say i would consider it a deep personal favor if u would level ur seeker the old-fasioned way but its up to u b:chuckle

!.)Vortex isnt as big a deal as most people make it out to be, I consider gemini slash and heartseeker to be of far greater importance. The main thing about playing a seeker is it requires a respectable deal of micro-management to play one and since doing so requires practice, i propose at least from lvl 60 to 70 that u get some experience with grinding and farming.

2.) Seekers are jacks of all trades, and as such can perform a variety of roles so you need to decide wat role u want as ur primary, so u can orient ur endgame gear towards said role. b:cute

3.) Your build looks fine, but if u want to b a DD of some importance then you are going to have to restat most of ur vit into str at 100+ after getting a decent set of gear. (People still consider me a DD even though i have high VIT, tee-hee i fooled y'all)

4.)Second Cast Nirvana is underrated, more peepl shud use it, and u shud probably consider G16'ing it since my friends tell me that the adds on it are pretty awesome. b:surrender

5.) About the wep, r8 is fine, but if ur not getting the armor as well then its not tht much of a bargain wep as peepl make it out to be. A better deal wud be to get the G13-->G15--->G16 dual blades/swords (ur preference) b:pleased

Hope the reply helped u, all the best toodles!
    b:thanks
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thank you very much, this helped me alot :3

And no need to worry, i will be levelling the old fashioned way :3 i do that with every class i am very new to, the only class i power levelled was my veno since i have played one for 3 years on Sanc server before Archosaur.

Yeah i was planing on moving my Nirvana Gear from my veno (HA armour) to my seeker and i'm not fussed about the r8, even though it looks prettyfulz
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    [So glad that we are going to have an awesome seeker on pwi happy travels, may the force be with u! b:victory
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think thats 1 vit per level which seems too high to me. You need 30-50 vit to have good survivability and tankability at mid levels but not as much as your giving.

Level 1 vortex is all you need to keep aggro on mid level instances and it uses less mana. Hard to keep vortex up non stop if you level it too soon. It does massive damage at lvl 1 so don't rush to level it.

You need to level the passive skills first just like on all the other classes that means Adrenal Numbness and sword mastery.

Leveling up the stances is better than leveling up the skills that trigger them according to most people.

Level 1 Blade Affinity is enough for mid levels.

Level up Heartshatter to help you keep aggro if you want to tank. The other shatters aren't important to level up.

I would level up Heartseeker before Gemini Slash because its freeze is more useful.

Edged Blur is mostly a PVP skill you can not get it at all for PVE or leave it at level 1 for a long time.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thank you very much on that advice :3
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)