edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Asap.
Post edited by Slegtst - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Man shoulda made me a mod yo.. I woulda been all over this ****.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If Kritty was here they would be gone :<
  • Liril - Dreamweaver
    Liril - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    wth leave forums for a month and i come back and its bots selling junk for other sites -.- confidence is plummetting the more i see -.- this is bs its obvious and should take 5 secs to throw um in the depths
    edited August 2012
    Options
    wth leave forums for a month and i come back and its bots selling junk for other sites -.- confidence is plummetting the more i see -.- this is bs its obvious and should take 5 secs to throw um in the depths

Mods can't be here 24/7 This happens occasionally, but generally gets taken care of as soon as it is noticed by someone with mod/+ priviledges
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    Tenasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Asap.

You're asking the PWI company to deal with something diligently? Get real. b:surrender
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Maybe some of the trolls on here would make good mods. They seem to wander the forums enough. Would be funny putting them to work though, maybe they'd complain less if they're kept busy.

Trolls vs. Bots.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    A report button that will dissapear if one abuses it once.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If Kritty was here they would be gone :<

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bots? U sure its not bearishidonteven in disguise? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol at all this, none of them deleted much less locked. Oh but the omgbutthurthaxathon threads get locked in a heartbeat b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bots? U sure its not bearishidonteven in disguise? b:surrender

or Demon_Troll...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ah nice, lots of threads from bots on the front page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Maybe the Mods are a fan of that Tv show so they wanna keep those threads open just a weeee bit longer so others will watch it and maybe talk about it in off-topic..

I mean people DO need things to talk about..
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The forums have been quite messy lately...

They really need a few new moderators to lend the current ones a hoof in keeping this place tidy.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Forum spammers aren't easy to keep up with. There's excellent software out there for bypassing screening / anti-spam mods. There's also people in third world countries that will do it for you cheap.

Are you willing to have more crazy sales to support a full time around the clock anti-spam crew for the forum? b:chuckle
  • EdwardCuIIin - Dreamweaver
    EdwardCuIIin - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bots? First thing they need to do is purge all the trolls and ponies just like any decently run forum. Mods here have no power with only being able to move and lock topics. Might as well not even have them unless they have the power to swing the ban hammer.
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bots? First thing they need to do is purge all the trolls and ponies just like any decently run forum. Mods here have no power with only being able to move and lock topics. Might as well not even have them unless they have the power to swing the ban hammer.

Because ponies are against forum rules? Idiot spotted.
  • EdwardCuIIin - Dreamweaver
    EdwardCuIIin - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Saw your self did you? Ponies are spammers. Ask any real mod on any other forum what there tolerance level is for them.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Saw your self did you? Ponies are spammers. Ask any real mod on any other forum what there tolerance level is for them.

The pony pictures are almost always on topic and there is nothing wrong with linking images to make a point here. They just can't be inappropriate ones such as swear words, sexual, etc. Not every forum is the same. There are different rules for different ones. At any rate even if they were against the rules and spam, potentially dangerous links are obviously a higher priority than a harmless picture of a pony.

I don't see how anyone in there right mind could think a harmless picture of a pony (no matter how annoying) is more important to get rid of than links to illegal content, potentially harmful viruses or phishing sites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bots? First thing they need to do is purge all the trolls and ponies just like any decently run forum.

Nah.
    Ponies are spammers. Ask any real mod on any other forum what there tolerance level is for them.

Eh? I suppose it would depend on the mod in question, though Ive yet to hear a mod take issue with it. Most probably wont care as long as no rules are being broken. Its not like you have to click on any of the hyperlinks you know~

Exactly.b:pleased

EDIT: What Venus said too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Your avatar name is Edward Cullin. I can't take anything you say seriously.
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options

b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh

That's all I can really say to you at this point, or rather show gesture to.

@Euthy - I don't even know what they're for or what they mean. Is it a kids show or something? lol. I don't much care for them but every now and then they're kinda cute and/or funny.

@_blood - LOL.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Here they come again.

Haven't seen a moderator in a few days now actually. b:puzzled
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Spammers have figured out it takes only one account to spam multiple game forums here. And I'm sure they'll soon find out that if they create a bunch of alts, they can spam on those too with little fear of their main account being closed before they spam everything.

Nothing mods can do, they have no permissions here. Staff needs to be involved, but this is such a butchered version of vbulletin, much of the functionality has been altered or removed. It's unlikely that any of the decent 3rd party plugins would work correctly here.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased