First Looks at the new Morai PvP event

Options
_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Tideswell (East)
My highlights.

It was rather fun trying to survive and pick off those that I can kill. I'm guessing not many people were on in Lumi, but we were rather low on people.

Also, blue names that weren't able to participate was a small letdown.. I was hoping that they could join in on the fun like in TW, since there was no penalty during this event.

Impatiens and Tessiy make a really hard duo to kill xD.
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Buff_me - Raging Tide
    Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Looks very exciting :o

Btw, should u go white to pk there, or its same as in cube/ws?

And can u drop stuff in this event, or cant u as in ToB?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I didnt really see the point of an event where white names kill eachother. Thats same as normal PK.

No one would go white just for this event because that takes 10 hours and the event is only 2 or 3. Blood theater is at the same time and is more accessible.

Still this could make Morai useful to hold guild based events during the 3 hrs where its free PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yes but in Theater of Bloood you do get extra buffs that you normaly don't have, and you can get a 1 shot sword. In morai you can get buffs but you have to pay for them. Yes going white named is not an option for some people, but I think it gives people a chance to experience pk without the penalty. If you're a hard core pker then this event is an awsome free for all, if you only pk some times it's a good time to do it because of the no drops and xp loss. I find ToB more of a solo event that you can pk in. The morai event imo is more geared to team pk. Link up with people in your order and go kill the other 2 orders. Besides ToB on RT is dead, no one goes. It's filled with mostly lower levels that want to farm hearts and I don't find that fun to kill them. Imo this is a great event, or at lest a step in the right direction. The one thing I would change is let blue names pk there too to avoid the 10 hrs in pk mode, or have it that you can change back after the 3hrs are up.
  • calmincense
    calmincense Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    yes But In Theater Of Bloood You Do Get Extra Buffs That You Normaly Don't Have, And You Can Get A 1 Shot Sword. In Morai You Can Get Buffs But You Have To Pay For Them. Yes Going White Named Is Not An Option For Some People, But I Think It Gives People A Chance To Experience Pk Without The Penalty. If You're A Hard Core Pker Then This Event Is An Awsome Free For All, If You Only Pk Some Times It's A Good Time To Do It Because Of The No Drops And Xp Loss. I Find Tob More Of A Solo Event That You Can Pk In. The Morai Event Imo Is More Geared To Team Pk. Link Up With People In Your Order And Go Kill The Other 2 Orders. Besides Tob On Rt Is Dead, No One Goes. It's Filled With Mostly Lower Levels That Want To Farm Hearts And I Don't Find That Fun To Kill Them. Imo This Is A Great Event, Or At Lest A Step In The Right Direction. The One Thing I Would Change Is Let Blue Names Pk There Too To Avoid The 10 Hrs In Pk Mode, Or Have It That You Can Change Back After The 3hrs Are Up.

+1 +1
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @Ast It's very similar to open pk, but the difference is that it's scheduled, meaning people would actually be there. On RT west arch is dead 95% of the time, so it was nice seeing this show up. Another difference is that it's not faction-related. Teaming up with people you normally won't, and fighting people you normally won't, was a very fun change and adapting to that was pretty fun. And I felt no pressure and no drama-potential at all. It was just pure fun for everyone. Next would be the instant buffs and instant 399 chi, which means you can get back into the action very quickly for 40k coins.

And of course the last difference is no penalties. No need to have safety lock on at all times, and no guardian scrolls used. I think if it's polished a little bit more, then it would be a great event.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    still sceptical to its longevity tho encouraging to hear positive feedback on something that isn't asking players to go afk for hrs on end and compound server inactivity be nice if they put and option like taking a quest to opt in or out of the pk element so blue name carebares like me dont have to decide on having a punt and gettin stuck with 10hrs pk CD cat shop mode b:chuckle
  • Yatza - Raging Tide
    Yatza - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Nice vid Skai :D It sure was a fun event but like you could see at times in your vid it almost turned into a Vicious pk event, at least at the spot I was doing the event b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    True xD. I just liked the idea of teaming up with people you would never team up with in PvP unless it was organized, and laying waste to other orders, regardless of friend/faction/foe. I just hope they change a few things, such as making it like Secret Passage for those 3 hours.