loot drops

Options
aerothesis
aerothesis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestion Box
literaly the only thing i dislike about the game... having to pay other people for items that drop from things i can one shot... change that and we're good to go XD
Post edited by aerothesis on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    WHERE do you have to pay people for that?
    Unles you squad with people that leech of you, I can't think of anything

If you can 1shot them, than why don't you 1shot them for the items?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think he was referring to the drop rate. for example hay that is dropped by low lvl mobs that he can 1 shot but he get nothing because of the drop rate.
    I have to agree that it can be quite pissing. but if i got it right unnerfing drop rates will cause high lvls to run the fb runs to get molds which doesnt happen so frequently causing the disturbence in market and gear prices. Not to mention that molds is one of the atractions for ppl to pay for wine.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    There seriously does need to be a revisal in loot drops, not that a high level can get drops off low level mobs, but it seems only during 2x drops can we grind enough loot to make the game feel as if you might be able to lower cs'in a bit. The only changes ive seen since i started playin (february of 2010) is loot drop rates lowered, loot drop prices to npcs lowered (granted dq rewards was eventually put in place, for non tradeable things), and this yet again happened recently. When it becomes better time vs money to just drop cash, just b:beatup me. Oh wait, it is already there. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I think he was referring to the drop rate. for example hay that is dropped by low lvl mobs that he can 1 shot but he get nothing because of the drop rate.
    I have to agree that it can be quite pissing. but if i got it right unnerfing drop rates will cause high lvls to run the fb runs to get molds which doesnt happen so frequently causing the disturbence in market and gear prices. Not to mention that molds is one of the atractions for ppl to pay for wine.

Exactly. Might be nice and more comfortable for us, lvls 100+ but think of the lowbies too :) They need a way to farm as well, selling mats, DQ, hay or molds is the only/ best way to farm for them so pls lets not take away even that or we'll be left with no new players at all b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • lazerray3
    lazerray3 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Part of fixing the loot drop system is to increase the rate for crafting mats, that way people can either craft items to sell, or just sell the mats for desperately needed coins for skills and equipment. As of right now the mat drops are so rare it caused their prices to be so far out of reach for anyone to get what they need for crafting or quests that need the mats. I know about the mats in the cash shop, but since I'm stuck as a true F2P, there is no way I can get any of that, and with the greedy **** jacking the prices up on mats, it also puts them out of reach.

As for other drops, the pet food items need to be increased, mainly the ones used for the pet bag extension quests, so they are actually doable with out blowing all of your coins on the overpriced items in cat shops or the auction house (Again, I can't use the cash shop for the cages). Weapon and armor drops need to be better too (for all level ranges), even if they don't have any stats people want, at least the junk gear makes for good NPC fodder to help with building up coins.

So far the only drops that come at a decent rate are DQ items, potions, ammo, and other low tier drops, but they have very little value when dumped on NPCs and most player don't want that stuff. The coin piles are the only consistent drop you get regardless of your level difference between yourself and the target mob, but these piles tend to be on the low end and what you manage to get is quickly used up on repairs and resupplying.

The rate for the quest books, oracles, and other tings along these lines are fine, to me these are supposed to be rare drops that have big rewards.