Question about quest in delta

Options
BungaSakura - Raging Tide
BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Today i did delta and something wierd happen. My leader BM was DC and quest not fail, squad leader automatic to me. after 1 wave done since the BM back, i realize i still have the lead, so i give the BM lead back and then quest fail.

How can when leader dc, quest not fail and when i give lead back, quest fail? anyone can give this noob more information?
Post edited by BungaSakura - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm not sure how exactly it works but I go by just not passing lead. Leave lead with whoever got it and don't let a person lead who dc's often or is likely to. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Normally the quest bugs out if the leader D/cs and fails for everyone. In your case it luckily was given to you.

If that happens you should keep leadership, however sadly you won't be able to get any more auras at that point since the BM had the item to do so. If that happens have the group decide if the auras are valuable enough for you to start over depending on what wave you're on. If under wave 5 and the auras are needed, then I would recommend just starting over anyways.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Normally the quest bugs out if the leader D/cs and fails for everyone. In your case it luckily was given to you.

If that happens you should keep leadership, however sadly you won't be able to get any more auras at that point since the BM had the item to do so. If that happens have the group decide if the auras are valuable enough for you to start over depending on what wave you're on. If under wave 5 and the auras are needed, then I would recommend just starting over anyways.

I know they didn't say it, but if doing Spawn Point their really is no need to start over since auras don't matter.

Just thought I'd add that since pretty much no one on my server does normal delta anymore its all SP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I know they didn't say it, but if doing Spawn Point their really is no need to start over since auras don't matter.

Just thought I'd add that since pretty much no one on my server does normal delta anymore its all SP.

Well then I'll add if you're just doing BH it doesn't matter if the RB quest fails. You still get mobs / bosses and I think the mushrooms. You just don't get the quest exp. I was under the impression it was going to be a full RB in which case 80% of the PWI population can't run at spawn point. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    It was always like this, the exp/tome fragment quests fail if someone leaves instance or if you pass lead. When someone just logs out nothing will happen.

Another story are the aura quests. When leader gets dc you won't be able to get more auras anymore (or higher lvls).

Btw. before the old gv glitch "got discovered" (I'm very sure they added it intentionally and spread it secretly to community) you could log out with your toon and log in when full gv got completed. After relogging (e.g. 2h laters) you got ALL quest rewards, exp + fragments, (quests popped up one by one), you just did not get the boss kills for e.g. culti.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hmmm.... I think you are underestimating the number of cash shopped r9 seekers. We have quite a few on our server that can pretty much solo spawn point (not to mention r9 wizzies and archers)

I've actually only ever done 3 normal deltas on RT, I did a fair few on Lost before I switched, but that was.... um.... a long time ago lol. And I think I've failed sp 2 times. Once cause of mass dc and once cause our main aoe dcd, but we ran back turned on auras and finised once he came back on lol.

Even the crappy people on our server do SP delta and succeed. (yes I've been in those squads too but we've made it) b:cry

What letter comes after delta in greek, epsilon? I think maybe with all the OP gear now we need an option of a harder RB for 100+, not just a harder delta a harder option, that gives better rewards and such so our rich r9s can stroke their epeens more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thanks all for information.