Cleric Endgame Gear Choices

Options
Sleek_spirit - Sanctuary
Sleek_spirit - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Cleric
Hi i am a 99 cleric about to hit 100, and i would like assistance on choosing endgame gear. i would like gear that would be suitable for small faction tws AND effective in pve. theres 2 choices i am currently debating between (r9 is out of the question as i cant afford).

the first is(choise 1):
r8 wep
warsoul heaven
r8 top
g15vana pants
tt99 gold boots
tt99 gold wrists
r8 ring
lunar ring
-6 chan wraith belt
-6 chan wraith neck
lunar chan cape
+9/8 mag/vit tome

my second (choise 2)
r9 wep
nether:impossibility helm
g15 vana top
g15 vana pants
g15 vana boots
g15 vana wrists
r8 ring
lunar ring
Cube of fate phys neck
warsong phys belt
lunar chan cape
+9/8 mag/vit tome

the first one i am considering is because of the channeling, allowing me to respond quicker to threats

the second one i am considering because of the higher phys+magic defenses allowing for greater survivability

also, plz post any other alternative sets and/or changes that u think would be better.
thanks in advance for help!
Post edited by Sleek_spirit - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I prefer your second set since I think tt99 is rubbish if just for the -chan bonus (just my opinion), but I'd make a few changes. For one, I'd probably opt for a g15 JR belt only because it's slightly cheaper (at least on DW it is) than the warsong belt and refines a tad bit better. Still, warsong is the more defensive option of the two. I'd also g16 your nirvana so you can get the 15 def level bonus (+20 attack levels if you get the full set). If your coinage agrees with you, two pieces of r9 give an additional 10 def level bonus which is really nice when stacked with the 30 from an O'Malley blessing and the set bonus for nirvy. The downside is you need to use a r9 belt if you plan to keep the lunar cape. If not, you can use a nirvy cape and instead get a belt that refines. Also, use the r9 ring instead of the r8 one. Lastly, if you can afford rank 9, you can probably afford a better tome. Make the level 5 one with mag and vit.

Basically, this is what I am saying. (I tried to keep to your selections with my alterations.)

I'd prefer this. (I switched capes and used the r9 top so that you can use a belt that refines)
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    there's no point of doin g15 nv anymore when g16 s3 is so easy to get if u want high def lvl I suggest you get r8 recast weap. you can get max of 25 def lvl and i've seen many of cleris and it is a cheap source to def.

http://pwcalc.com/d19b2e86b7301155

if you are set on chanelin you can switch belt/neck on and off for chan.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ...SNIP...

Yea, I would also opt for recasted r8 since I believe that to be the most ideal cleric weapon, but I tried to keep it around what she originally put forth.

Unrelated: Your name makes me hungry. b:surrender
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ur sig always give me a headache b:chuckle jks.

her second option doesnt make sense she would spend more money on r9 then she would if she got r8 recast. and r8 recast is best defense for weapon choice. and she wants defense and high survivability.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    her second option doesnt make sense she would spend more money on r9 then she would if she got r8 recast. and r8 recast is best defense for weapon choice. and she wants defense and high survivability.

Hey I agree with you! Don't tell me, tell the OP D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Choice 2 is better but you don't need R9 weapon get a T3 weapon instead..Channeling ornaments are good in PVE but Not in TW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You said R9 is out of the question, yet your second build has an R9 weapon? Or was that typo?

My suggestion: Get build 2, it would be a lot more resilient than build 1, yet you could also get the channeling ornaments from build 1. They're not that expensive and you can switch between them as needed.

But now for something completely different...

This build was something that I was working towards before I quit (though I did add in g16 nirvana just now to make it more up-to-date). The 2 mixed set bonuses make for quite a nice HP boost.

Necklace: Could also be a cube necklace, but the 200 or so p.def is not worth the extra 160m (at least on my server) in my opinion.
    Cape: I'd prefer this one over a channeling cape since it adds a lot more survivability, costs about the same and always has 4 sockets.
    Helm: Would keep this at g15 instead of 16 for the extra bit of p.def. The difference in refines is only like 45 hp less at +10.
    Belt: A G15 Jungle belt costs around the same as a G14 warsong one. It doesn't have the 10 vitality that warsong has, but spying on people is always fun (I mainly chose this because I already have the g14 belt on an alt, though).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]