state of this game

Options
Skippy - Dreamweaver
Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
hello, ive been retired from PWI for a long time now, deu to the company's greed, and imbalance of this game, ( sins and psys )

is the game still the same? still dead? still hyper stones and empty maps? still tideborn dominance?

PWI still pushing idiotic power sales? and killing there own game?

is it worth comming back, for a compeditive player, or just stick to LoL xD?
Post edited by Skippy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    is the game still the same? still dead? still hyper stones and empty maps? still tideborn dominance?

Yes, debatable, yes and yes, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You didn't even mention the Earthguard, but I would like to know too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yes, debatable, yes and yes, yes.

geuss im not comming back then b:laugh
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Earthguards are kinda balanced classes IMHO
    (Not sure which was the question lol)
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well if you got free of it once you might as well stay free.

There are still some fun things to do if you ignore the childish and the trolls, but that's harder and harder to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    +1 & in before close due to answered question.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    sucks,

i was looking for a server pre tidebornes, whitout cash shops, couse in all honnesty, i really enjoyed this game before those scumbags put everything on sale. having trouble finding a server where my beloved game is tho.

a server where a barbarian is a treu barbarian, :D
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    maybe anyone here knows a place where you can play the old perfect world, in its full glory, where you would go TT for your mats, where you would go quest for your EXP,
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    maybe anyone here knows a place where you can play the old perfect world, in its full glory, where you would go TT for your mats, where you would go quest for your EXP,

You sound like you'd enjoy my challenge XD.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    sucks,

i was looking for a server pre tidebornes, whitout cash shops, couse in all honnesty, i really enjoyed this game before those scumbags put everything on sale. having trouble finding a server where my beloved game is tho.

You sound like you'd enjoy my challenge XD.

yea, dude, i played when perfect world was new, like...

i started playing a barb, and the spawn point, was FILLED with barbs and veno's.
    i had to do quests, and when i arived to Arch, it was a ghost town, onely a few peaple where therre, i remember that i saw someone who had the first TT 70, wich was an accompishment at that time,

anyway, i would love to play PW again, but not with this fraud company, i want the old perfect world, whitout power sales, whitout power level, just a healthy player base, active community,

just wanna enjoy my favorite game in its old glory, but i have trouble finding it xD
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Options
    well I wish you luck in finding player run server that fulfills your desire.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Really, a barb can be the most OP class in this game if it had optimal gears. The biggest imbalance is the cost of gears vs the time it takes to farm them.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Really, a barb can be the most OP class in this game if it had optimal gears. The biggest imbalance is the cost of gears vs the time it takes to farm them.

nope,

this game never gets balance patches, devs never listen to the comunity,

i love the concept and the races and the map and dungeon desighn, but i really hate how this company ruined this game beyond fixing,

so my quest is to look for a server where there is no catshop that sells power, just PW like the good old days
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There isnt 1 that i know of.
    Best advice i could give would be look to the new games for the things your looking for.
    There is at least 1 thats setup like you are describing.
    Goes live 8-28. IJS
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    hello, ive been retired from PWI for a long time now, deu to the company's greed, and imbalance of this game, ( sins and psys )

PWI still pushing idiotic power sales? and killing there own game?

is it worth comming back, for a compeditive player, or just stick to LoL xD?
    - No [its worse]
    - No [its lifeless, it was never alive to begin with]
    - Yes and yes
    - Yes

- Yes and yes

- No, it is not worth coming back

Gast, gewoon wachten tot achtentwintig augustus. :P
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    2008 it was damn worth it

but pwi evolved in the wrong direction

to make money they make dd as tank with bp 3rd sparking and OP int gear bb barb days.

its so popular you even see barb with int gear now

end game almost no bm use axes so no more axe bm vs axe barb or very rarely

best advice i can think of is look for a p server i hear one have nurfed aps beyond god mode and no attack lv you even start as a lv110 with oht +12 gear

sopused to be easy to lv and farm all the gear easy and free

b:bye not gona say name as is not allowed but there are a few and good luck barb brother
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    nope,

this game never gets balance patches, devs never listen to the comunity,

i love the concept and the races and the map and dungeon desighn, but i really hate how this company ruined this game beyond fixing,

so my quest is to look for a server where there is no catshop that sells power, just PW like the good old days

Well, I agree with your point about the company, but you are completely wrong about a barb. Just the fact that a demon barb can have a 110+ atk levels, pdef dubuff, 20k p.atk, over 50% crit rate, very high accuracy, GoF, and Armageddon make them pretty OP. Combine that with their exceptional tanking skills and yeah, they are an easy contender for the most OP class when optimal gears is concerned. I wouldn't even put a sin on the same level as a barb.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well, I agree with your point about the company, but you are completely wrong about a barb. Just the fact that a demon barb can have a 110+ atk levels, pdef dubuff, 20k p.atk, over 50% crit rate, very high accuracy, GoF, and Armageddon make them pretty OP. Combine that with their exceptional tanking skills and yeah, they are an easy contender for the most OP class when optimal gears is concerned. I wouldn't even put a sin on the same level as a barb.

I would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited August 2012
    Options
    2008 it was damn worth it

but pwi evolved in the wrong direction
    You're the type of fool that keeps playing this game and complains daily on the forum. Let me break things down for you a bit, okay?
    to make money they make dd as tank with bp 3rd sparking and OP int gear bb barb days.
    Just so you're aware: barbarians were never replaced as "tanks". The pve in perfect world is just.. easy. It's very simple, extremely basic. The idea of barbarians is common, but in this game is not set in stone. There is no designated tank in perfect world.

Interval gear, contrary to popular belief, existed long before pwe began selling packs. It was always possible to reach 3.33, or 4.0. Archers could always reach 5.0. This was a part of perfect world before pwi even existed. It's not a money-catching scam, it's just a mechanic of the game that has always been there.
    its so popular you even see barb with int gear now
    And they should, for pve. Interval gear for this class is excellent in pve, as dps is(in every game), the most valuable part of pve.
    end game almost no bm use axes so no more axe bm vs axe barb or very rarely
    You must be new here. All warriors who pvp have at least two weapons, all the good ones have three. Axe vs. axe was only ever done when pvp involved unrefined gear.
    best advice i can think of is look for a p server i hear one have nurfed aps beyond god mode and no attack lv you even start as a lv110 with oht +12 gear

sopused to be easy to lv and farm all the gear easy and free
    If he's looking for an old server(yano, pre-genies/tb), sending him to a server with decent content isn't the most helpful thing to do.
    I would.
    Then you are a fool. No good sin will beat a good barbarian 1v1.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ehm, I dont need lectures on a barbs capability, I was top dog in my day, and whats this 28th of august
  • Mirabillis - Sanctuary
    Mirabillis - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    or just stick to LoL xD?
    If you still love LoL, then I suggest, stick to LoL. b:chuckle
    For me, MOBA is much more fun to play than MMORPG.
    If only I loved the heroes design on LoL, I would have played LoL. Alas, the female heroes on LoL didn't attract me much, not like the female heroes on Realm of the Titans xD

Well, at least, LoL does not have a critical bug that prevents player from playing together in a pre-made team, and also LoL will not get canceled or shut down unlike a certain MOBA game that has just got shut down a few weeks ago..... before it even reached the open beta stage *is jealous*

Oh, you could try Dota 2 if you don't wanna stick to LoL.
    At least, Dota 2 has the same genre as LoL whereas PWI is MMORPG genre b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    PWI servers will close @ Feb 15 2014.

Predicted by **************
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dreamweaver will probably turn into a private server owned by Rex.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dreamweaver will probably turn into a private server owned by Rex.

Game's already pretty much a Pserver, does anyone else miss the days when swordman and gOOnz were the biggest CSers? At least they weren't mentally challenged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I heard a 1.3.6 server that closed down not so long ago was going to open back up. Not with the version it had when it shut down, but a version of it that was very fun and balanced.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ehm, I dont need lectures on a barbs capability, I was top dog in my day, and whats this 28th of august

Guild
    Wars

Everyone else might be afraid to say it, but as I haven't played this in over 6 months, idgaf. I'm downloading PW again right now for the sole purpose of recruiting some old friends for that exact game.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Good idea gonna be hard for me to get used to the new mechanics xD
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Not familiar with Wars of the Guild 1? Part 2 will be different, but i think some mechanics are the same.
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Actually it's quite different, I had a hard time finding anything similar while I was playing beta...not necessarily bad thing, ofc.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I had the time, i had the oppurtunity [argh grammar], i budged, but didnt break. b:victory

Wanna be absolutely blown away when i log in for the first time when its officially out.
    Yes, i read the wiki, yes i watched some specific class vids on youtube.

IM ONLY HUMAN. b:surrender