Noob question

Options
BungaSakura - Raging Tide
BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Venomancer
i wondering if ppl can give me input or advice what pet that we can use in caster nirvana? and i also wondering if there is pet that have the skill and their auto attack is magic?

Thanks in advance
Post edited by BungaSakura - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Herc is one good choice if you dont wish to heal your pet with every AoE and rez it at the end.

Wanderer and Ancient Derjan's Hatchling are cool DD pets but have many survival issues.

Scorpion is a good DD pet when using skills and since dmg comes from elemental bashes , it can put out lots of dmg. Survival is again the problem.

W/E the pet , lvl 5 Howl is an absolute must.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Herc is one good choice if you dont wish to heal your pet with every AoE and rez it at the end.

Wanderer and Ancient Derjan's Hatchling are cool DD pets but have many survival issues.

Scorpion is a good DD pet when using skills and since dmg comes from elemental bashes , it can put out lots of dmg. Survival is again the problem.

i dont think herc is a good choice for caster unless on third and last boss. on third boss and last boss, herc can focus on kill mobs that spawn, but on boss. boss resist pn phisical immune. i really dont know about the other pet. maybe ill try to tamed and see if its usefull or not. ty for info :)
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

I love the skill but typically there's a second cleric that can do the jobs better, and if not; a second Mystic which can also mdef debuff.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:angryi cringe on some venos overriding my mdef debuff ijs unless it's on myriand rainbow when on my myst.

Pets? Just use them on the spawn mobs, they're next to worthless on bosses and usually myst summons fare better on those damage wise
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
    edited August 2012
    Options
    akosireann wrote: »
    b:angryi cringe on some venos overriding my mdef debuff ijs unless it's on myriand rainbow when on my myst.

Pets? Just use them on the spawn mobs, they're next to worthless on bosses and usually myst summons fare better on those damage wise

this is whats bothering me. veno without pet is kinda .... :( and kinda jelly that mystic can use their pet to all bossess. this is not fair.b:sad
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i wondering if ppl can give me input or advice what pet that we can use in caster nirvana? and i also wondering if there is pet that have the skill and their auto attack is magic?

Thanks in advance

As far as i know there's no venomancer pet dealing magic damage. So for caster nirvana there's no good pet, unless herc for the third boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited August 2012
    Options
    this is whats bothering me. veno without pet is kinda .... :( and kinda jelly that mystic can use their pet to all bossess. this is not fair.b:sad

That isnt entirely true.

Venomancers are excellent DDs even without pets. Sage/Demon Spark offers magic attack bonuses that are far greater than any other class. Herc isnt good indeed for boss , but not an exception.

Even the basic rank 8 pataka has a min attack that is far greater than the ma attack of other weapons. Refining and higher grade weapons further increases venos DD potential.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    I love the skill but typically there's a second cleric that can do the jobs better, and if not; a second Mystic which can also mdef debuff.

Isnt Mystic creeper magic def buff lower than 36% even when Lysed ??

As for cleric , finding a cleric who uses debuffs isnt guaranteed but i pass on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosireann
    edited August 2012
    Options

ON my previous veno I tanked 3 bosses in caster without pets, Idk what builds the rest of my squadmates are (prolly hoarbag vit builds) but as Phoenix_Eye has said we have some of the best spark damage in game. Most venos don't realize that and are just content with whatever ''fun'' builds they have and whatever culti or level of debuffs they got
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

edited August 2012
    Options
    akosireann wrote: »
    ON my previous veno I tanked 3 bosses in caster without pets, Idk what builds the rest of my squadmates are (prolly hoarbag vit builds) but as Phoenix_Eye has said we have some of the best spark damage in game. Most venos don't realize that and are just content with whatever ''fun'' builds they have and whatever culti or level of debuffs they got

I dont know , i have stolen aggro multiple times at many instances with my 40 vit and have survived while others died. Ofc my gear is up to date

Dont offend vit builds or ill puff you in your bird ............... >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    its true that veno are good DD, especially if we upgrade our gear. i often tank several bosses in caster, but i feel like kinda missing without pet. regarding spark i sometimes use it. but since many squad only want 1 veno regardless we have good gear or just 1 cleric, makes us often need to focus on giving chi to cleric so they can perma BB.

i dont know much about other clas tho, but as far my experience, mystic has many benefit cause they can use their pet in caster. and most of the time, when we are in squad w mystic especially when in squad has 2 mystic. the run is alot faster compare than when we dont have mystic with same gear.
  • akosireann
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I dont know , i have stolen aggro multiple times at many instances with my 40 vit and have survived while others died. Ofc my gear is up to date

Dont offend vit builds or ill puff you in your bird ............... >.>

We were talking about caster nirv here right?

I'm talking about wizzies and psys with better refines than my +5 nirv glaive fox with max debuffs from their own and seeker debuffs as well (not usually aimed at wood damage). Why do I end up stealing aggro even if the ''main tank'' is already using bad taunt? Is it because I was pure build and the "main tank'' has 70 vit ( I have eye of jungle belt, I check gears when squadding to know which toons I avoid squadding next).
    Go Pure or go Fail

Status of PvP in RT

• dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well, a veno pet with magical skill is essential. I don't know you, but i have a pataka TT 99 +5, so my damage with amp, mag debuff, extreme poison... isn't good. In most of the bosses i hit 2,5-4k. I have a Seamonster Guardian with Howl, Toxic Mist, Thunderbolt and fireball, it is in lvl 88 and with all debuffs in boss (amp, extreme poison...) my pet hits 3k-6k each skill, if you add my damage with my pet damage, i become a extreme damager. In the last boss when it buffs the pet, the minimal hit my pet give in boss is 6k, with all the debufs in boss(amp, extreme poision, mdebufss...) my pet hits 10k+ each skill.
    If you have a derjan with physical atk buff and 3 magic skills, your pet will the most damager in your squad. If my pet have only 2,5k physical atk, imagine a derjan with these skills.

I came to a conclusion that In Caster Nirv my damage is my pet. Many times I'm in fox form amping, purging... and I spend a lot of time without atk, while my pet is attacking.