Derived stats - what do they mean? (Evasion, Accuracy),etc)

orangeladey
orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Now I've been playing much too long not to have asked this, but I'm tired of not knowing and after many searches been blind to where the answer is.

So to be clear...

I'm NOT asking about the four Attribute stats.

However those stats, and other factors like our gear, affect all the other stats we have. Hence making them derived.

What I don't get is what exactly that 4-digit number means (and I'm guessing we can get it up to 5, but I'm not even close -_-)

Now I am fairly certain that damage and physical/elemental defence are direct values of damage done or negated.

But Evasion and Accuracy seem a different matter. I'm guessing that they both affect the chance of a hit connecting, but how? Higher is obviously better, but how does it effect the odds? Is there a way to translate the numbers into a percentage chance? Or is it like dice rolls where the higher value trumps (If that is the case that system seriously doesn't work well.)

Please explain to me what those values mean!
♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
--The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
Post edited by orangeladey on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This page has all the answers.

But to summarize:
    Defenses, Evasion and Accuracy numbers each correlate to a percentage. For Defenses, you can see this percentage just by hovering over the respective defense type.

Also, when you see a monster's stats, it will automatically display both your Hit chance% and their evasion percentage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I suppose I should have mentioned reading through most of the thread where the Evasion equation was from. (After a while some of it blurs). I was kind of hoping more for how to correlate the numbers into something more comprehensible on the fly than digging out my calc.

Also, when you see a monster's stats, it will automatically display both your Hit chance% and their evasion percentage.

Are you sure? The stats when I've clicked on a monster tend to reflect my chance to hit it, and my chance to evade it's (physical) attacks.

What confuses me is this:
    Taking off my gear that has a Dex attribute bonus, or an Evasion stat, my little character has about 2190 Evasion at the moment. Clicking on a same level monster, the Ev% is 22%. When I put my gear back on, my Evasion only gets to ~2.3k (about +180). However the chance to evade is now 25%. A three percent difference.

Perhaps not relevant, but my math at the time worked out that each point of dex netted 6 evasion.

BUT THE NUMBER DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO ME!

The number is just there. I feel like I got a random number for a score in my skill walking down the street. I have no basis to turn that number into something meaningful. Higher is obviously better, but by how much?

I do get that the game is run with numbers like this. The evasion formula does make sense. The number itself other than being a random sum, doesn't.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock