BM's and Frostcovered City

Options
Slegtst - Dreamweaver
Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Blademaster
Yeah really annoying that someone keeps closing completely valid threads, but ok.
I just copied the most important info from the previous, totally fine, thread.
Ty Shelly.
Use genie AD or apoth. HF/Tangle mire would help too.

Oh I should also add maybe killing the 4 captains would be best too. They're the ones that de-buff you and if you earth flame out of the group, kill them, you won't get de-buffed.
remembering to have full chi before pull is a big help and stun mobs prior to HF so alot die before stun wears off....minimizes damage taken
If you want to do the whole room, then you will need to be fully chi'd up. So triple spark with full chi bar, have a genie with cloud erupt and make sure to only use cloud sprint to gather the mobs so they stay on you (pots are ok, but you might want to save their CD for when you start DD'ing mobs).
Once you round them all up and take them back to npc at center you will want to stun, triple spark, cloud erupt, dragons, DD like mad, stun, DD more, stun, DD more, and repeat the stun and DD until the mobs are dead.
Stun>Triple Spark>Cloud Erupt>HF>AoEs, but... I'm gonna try...

Triple Spark>Stun>Cloud Erupt>HF>AoEs

This is about solo pulling the bigroom. Various tactics will work, just include sparking, HF, stun and AOE spam [requires a genie that has skills to generate sparks].

Was bored yesterday, so i went to try and solo FC. Never done it before, dont like FC anyway. =[

Had a sin/cleric chaperone couple. Mainly for bp and ofcourse moral support.

Went alright, sin helped me on 2nd boss, the bubble guy? I didnt have Oxygen Bubble on genie yet.
Only "trouble" i had was in the hallways getting magic mobs in range of my aoe's. Having ranged magic mobs outside of the aoe range when im hitting another group wont get me killed, but they slow you, so it just takes 2 long. :P

The boss thats spawns the bishops went down before he spawned a bishop, because the sin couldnt keep his hands of my boss. >.>
Does anyone know what text appears in common chat prior to the bishop being summoned?

That screaming boss with the heavy magic aoe's also went down fast, before he could shout, but i would use basic cloud sprint to run away since my genie is always drained after start. Or Will, if he slows you, not sure about that.

Last boss before bigroom sleeps you and does an attack to leave you with 1 hp + 50% of your hp. Sin was bored again so the boss was down before this attack. D:

Only question about bigroom: how many flying harpy's in there? Taking them out along with the 4 captains is more then enough to pull the rest in 1 go.

Was thinking about spark + blade tornado, but i dont think bp works with blade tornado.
Usually spark, hf, bolt [freezes me, but they come to me anyway :P], maybe drake sweep.
Are there possibly increased life ones in there?
No stunning btw, just a Stone Turtle Orb [well, the one that cuts all incoming dmg in half for 16 seconds].

Also, wich boss purges you? I want to get lvl11 bp at start and keep it until bigroom.
If he tries to purge you, what text in common chat comes before the purge attempt?

^Someone reacted to this saying it is impossible to lure the entire room by using Cloud Sprint only. Im still wondering why he/she said this. :P
I start with Cloud Sprint, and by the time i wanna pick up the last group, i can use it again. While running, im taking very little to no damage at all. They are just not hitting me?
I dont run/walk through the groups btw, just past them.

You'll learn this is not just that boss, but others as well. You prolly got stuck where the NPC appeared, this happens everywhere (Warsong, etc) where a NPC spawns. You can either tele out, or in cases where there is (or will be, like in warsong) a mob, just Reckless Rush out. Ideally just don't be near where the NPC may spawn.
^About getting stuck after a boss dies.
You need to kill 4 sets of mobs. The trick is right before, or when they spawn, 3 Spark. Mow down the first, then holy path over to the second. You don't have to worry about the spawn in the back on the third round if you kill all the ones that spawn prior.

Will & Vacuity powder. It takes some timing, but once you learn the boss' animations and timing, it's easy. If you're lazy like me, you just 3spark+HF and have your sin buffer hit it a few times to take the first bubble. If for some reason (or you have lower damage) you don't kill before the second bubble, just either Will or Vacuity to make it through the second. Use Mire as a cheap amp as well.

If you kill enough summoners really pound out the damage efficiently, you should not have to go through more than 2 rounds of him casting bubble. It's doable with +5 Deicides at 3.33 base aps (5.0 sparked) that Ive seen without an extra toon to catch a bubble.
^About the bubble boss.
Okay to avoid ticks while marrowing:

The pull before the first boss, you can pmarrow, but not really super recommended.

After the 6th shade, down the hall on the way to BR/Cyclotra (boss #3), before the Bishops (aka, pull to door) don't marrow. A lot of BMs want to marrow this, but after testing you tend to take more damage.

When you pull the hall (aka magic hall) on the way to bubble boss (boss #2), mmarrow.

The long halls you pull before Bishop boss and Runewolf (bosses #4 & 5) pmarrow. You can pmarrow the two groups of mobs on the way to the shade for messenger of fear (boss #6) but it's kinda unnecessary.

Don't marrow anywhere else. The give and take, especially if the mobs hit you for a high enough value, ends up being worse off marrowed than if you didn't. This goes for both solo and grouped.

Idea is just survive long enough to get a stun off or aoe to keep HP up via BP. Marrows help in some situations, but kinda break even or hurt more in most. Really abuse base sutras and AD if it becomes a real issue.

^About marrowing vs. mixed mob groups.

Gonna reply to all the latest tips later.
Post edited by Slegtst - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    come on mods sticky at least 1 of these fc threads cos there just gonna keep coming if u dont
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    come on mods sticky at least 1 of these fc threads cos there just gonna keep coming if u dont
    Just read next time.

I had to make this thread since the previous one was closed for necro.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    BM's and FCC

If you post on WC for a fcc tank as a bm I will hunt you down, find a way to put you in pvp, and kill you so hard your account shuts down permanently out of shame
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Good luck with that.^^

Can we pls get back to the topic? /backseatmod
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    is there really anything to discuss?
    If you have BP, every pull should be quite easy.

Common sense + knowledge of your class = no need for threads like these. For people going into FC for their first time, its better to watch/read a general FC guide.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    is there really anything to discuss?
    If you have BP, every pull should be quite easy.

Common sense + knowledge of your class = no need for threads like these. For people going into FC for their first time, its better to watch/read a general FC guide.

There are always methods/tactics to improve a run. Timewise, charm/crabmeat/apo-wastewise. I dont have all the info on this. No single person probably does. So, a thread like this is the place to post new/better tactics.
    There will be stuff [anything, really] coming out in the future that will improve a solo FC run for a bm. Post it here! Im interested, and so are others.

General FC guide's dont cover everything. Main reason this thread is here now.

Also, the people who already know almost everything as it comes to doing solo FC, and dont need the info posted here.... are bored? Why else would there be a reason for those people to post stuff like you just posted? :P

The previous thread was just about BM's solo pulling the bigroom. That thread helped me alot actually, so i dont see why someone else wont find usefull info here.
    I made this abit of a general BM-FCC thread since kicking any other thread about BM's in FCC will result in the thread being closed for necro.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    There are always methods/tactics to improve a run. Timewise, charm/crabmeat/apo-wastewise. I dont have all the info on this. No single person probably does. So, a thread like this is the place to post new/better tactics.
    There will be stuff [anything, really] coming out in the future that will improve a solo FC run for a bm. Post it here! Im interested, and so are others.

General FC guide's dont cover everything. Main reason this thread is here now.

Also, the people who already know almost everything as it comes to doing solo FC, and dont need the info posted here.... are bored? Why else would there be a reason for those people to post stuff like you just posted? :P

The previous thread was just about BM's solo pulling the bigroom. That thread helped me alot actually, so i dont see why someone else wont find usefull info here.
    I made this abit of a general BM-FCC thread since kicking any other thread about BM's in FCC will result in the thread being closed for necro.

I do

derp
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I do

derp
    So, any1 any tips on speeding up a solo FC not yet mentioned here?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So, any1 any tips on speeding up a solo FC not yet mentioned here?

Depends on level range, squad variants, buffs available, character HP, def, mag def, and damage. People give general guidelines because we do not have omniscient F-ing powers.

Pro tip I never see though, goons after nix (not glitch) and flower boss will eat 2 more activations but take less than 1/5 the time of a "fast" fcc to finish and give combined similar EXP to the big room plus flower boss and goons scale better EXP wise for level 94+ players, you get an average of 200k in drops from chest and it makes good practice for later instances.

Actually the 2 later areas give MORE exp than main room in my experiance at 95+ (and in a good squad you can jsut leave hypers on and clear flower>nix>goons>end boss in less time than boss>gather>heads takes)

In a pro squad with a high kill speed and no aoe damage issues do not HF mobs aside from the mag pull and big room save HF for the subsequent boss, dont stun mobs after roar if the barb likes to sunder>arma or TOP>arma combo

For solo in big room, get more phys def/refine your bloody axes higher
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    BM's and FCC

If you post on WC for a fcc tank as a bm I will hunt you down, find a way to put you in pvp, and kill you so hard your account shuts down permanently out of shame

I had(yes me, a wizard) had to lure big room and all the pulls because the BM in our squad had 4k HP.

/facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I had(yes me, a wizard) had to lure big room and all the pulls because the BM in our squad had 4k HP.

/facepalm
    I dont understand this, again. D:

Does my character have faster base running speed then everyone else in the game?
    Seeing how many hits i get from the mobs while pulling them all, i could do that with 2K hp. :P

Why are you guys getting hit [so hard/often] during the luring?
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I ask for any idc which FC thread to get a sticky not because I need or tbh most sensible BM's need bt because once we have 1 it's there and ppl wont need to keep playin necro or starting yet another thread
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I ask for any idc which FC thread to get a sticky not because I need or tbh most sensible BM's need bt because once we have 1 it's there and ppl wont need to keep playin necro or starting yet another thread
    Nothing wrong with necro. If you apply that, there is no need to start another thread. ;)

Problem is the bogus necro rule. Im waiting for frankie to reply to my pm about this subject.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Pro tip I never see though, goons after nix (not glitch) and flower boss will eat 2 more activations but take less than 1/5 the time of a "fast" fcc to finish and give combined similar EXP to the big room plus flower boss and goons scale better EXP wise for level 94+ players, you get an average of 200k in drops from chest and it makes good practice for later instances.

You get exp from goons? Hard to find a squad that will even do goon boss anymore too, so rare to get the chest.
    BM's and FCC

You might as well PK the entire server. I'd say maybe 1 in 50 BM's below level 100 can actually tank FCC without dying the entire run. No exaggeration. Also I refused to tank it until 90+ because I was sick of squads with no sin and mystic healers without Holy path and casters who drop full powered aoe's before stun finishes. There's a reason even barbs are rare, random squads are unpredictable and tanking can be a headache. It's not worth the hassle for a group of people you don't even know.

Also bad ping and lag play a big part. Personally psychic skills freeze my laptop momentarily and occasionally I get 2k ping days. Ofc at 100 tanking is easy, but at 85 on a laggy day I'd pass.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You get exp from goons? Hard to find a squad that will even do goon boss anymore too, so rare to get the chest.

Ya even post nerf I got 14k each from em when I was gettign 9k from caps

You might as well PK the entire server. I'd say maybe 1 in 50 BM's below level 100 can actually tank FCC without dying the entire run. No exaggeration. Also I refused to tank it until 90+ because I was sick of squads with no sin and mystic healers without Holy path and casters who drop full powered aoe's before stun finishes. There's a reason even barbs are rare, random squads are unpredictable and tanking can be a headache. It's not worth the hassle for a group of people you don't even know.

I know, I wish I was on a pvp server sometimes

Also bad ping and lag play a big part. Personally psychic skills freeze my laptop momentarily and occasionally I get 2k ping days. Ofc at 100 tanking is easy, but at 85 on a laggy day I'd pass.

Lag is understandable
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Strange, thought they mega-nerfed it to like, 1 or 2 exp per goon or something. Gonna have to try that.