Gold Pricing

danteguerrero
danteguerrero Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Gold pricing in the Archosaur server is ridiculous now!
It is putting off a lot of Zen buyers because they don't get enough coin for it.
There has to be a cap at a minimum or something or else this will stop making pwi money. Put a minimum gold buying price at 1.5m so it gets higher and people will want to buy more Zen.

PLEASE FIX THIS NOWb:angry
Post edited by danteguerrero on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think we have found our next mastertroll b:laugh
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like how all your logic is totally backwards. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    If memory servers me correctly, the cap on gold prices is 4m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The lower the better it helps us merchants muhahahaha. So when it jumps we make more money and have more gold saved =P
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • primavictoria
    primavictoria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The only way I see any logic to this post is if prices of items is kept high while price of gold goes lower.. But that in itself makes no sense at all x.x

EDIT*

Stoneface ftw ! :D
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Gold pricing in the Archosaur server is ridiculous now!
    It is putting off a lot of Zen buyers because they don't get enough coin for it.
    There has to be a cap at a minimum or something or else this will stop making pwi money. Put a minimum gold buying price at 1.5m so it gets higher and people will want to buy more Zen.

PLEASE FIX THIS NOWb:angry

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Sorry but Gold prices are completely player driven.

Want higher prices buy up ALL the gold constantly and resell it at a higher price.

God I miss the days of 100k gold b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You see this exact same logic with people who demand a cap on gold prices. People on both sides are greedy and want the most for what they have irrespective of the actual market conditions.

I expect gold prices to rise during the anniversary sale which should be next month. Just hold your gold till then.

Sorry but Gold prices are completely player driven.
    Not really true. PWE exerts significant control over the gold price by what they have available in the boutique. Pack items such as tokens have built in value that exists outside of player markets. Many times this built in value is making up the majority of the gold price with the player market exerting a minority influence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was actually expecting someone making a thread about how gold its being overall stable and actually going lower in the last couple of weeks...but not with this sense b:surrender
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You see this exact same logic with people who demand a cap on gold prices. People on both sides are greedy and want the most for what they have irrespective of the actual market conditions.

I expect gold prices to rise during the anniversary sale which should be next month. Just hold your gold till then.

Not really true. PWE exerts significant control over the gold price by what they have available in the boutique. Pack items such as tokens have built in value that exists outside of player markets. Many times this built in value is making up the majority of the gold price with the player market exerting a minority influence.

and its not like they cant keep track of what cat shops are buying and selling cash shop items for. im fairly sure you can thank the market for three 3 gold plat charm sales instead of 2 gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hollychaos
    hollychaos Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What Asterelle said is true, I remember few months ago (as far as I can recall I think it was before the imperial fury expansion, correct me if am wrong), Gold prices reached 2M-2.2M per gold on HT server but still we could buy things more easily than nowadays because even with the high priced gold, the items were cheap to get. As an example I remember HP Plat Charm at that period costed 4M +/- if u bought them from catshops while now even with 1.5m per gold the HP plat charms on HT server are 6.5-7M. So yea its mainly the PWE team that drives prices up for goods (at least the common, widely used ones such as tokens and charms) by raising the amount of gold u need to acquire them from Boutique.

But anyway didnt they say they wanted to take it slow on "good" sales? prolly thats why prices on boutique raised so much.b:surrender