AEU glitches

LividLemur - Dreamweaver
LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
fix them*

*"them" being the MAJOR ones that force the squad to reset the entire instance. 'bugs' can be annoying but worked around. Glitches that cause the quests to hang or not appear (and thus necessitate a full reset of the instance) should be fixed

some glitches mentioned.. n some bugs:

AEU:
Twin not resetting with failure
Twin NPC NOT DYING, EVER when needing to reset

Stealth Bushes delay timer not going away
HUGE delays in quest timing on "Bush" quest version
(Might be intended) but twice with the Rat quest, the quest item just spawns with no mobs.
Fire quest just failing for ??? reason (mistake with pill message), provided people weren't crazy in reporting/managing fire. But it was like 10 times in a row, same error message. (could be intended and just bad luck?)
Pattern, although done correctly, not activating array.
Crystals never melting or melting way in the back...even though no one is there (Bonus for us, but still weird - yes Im aware of the range DD trick, this aint it)

(Gonna call this one split spawn...cause some people call twin light/dark and Im confused)
Split spawn mobs spawning at ? (Possibly below ground) and being unable to be found.
No boss spawning in Split spawn with statues. (This happened once like two maintances ago)

Overall AEU
Falling through bridges
Getting stuck on bridges
Some sections of the bottom floor you can fall through the world
Some sections of the bottom floor you just get stuck
Mobs/Bosses falling to bottom floor
. A very annoying glitch is that if you get kicked out of squad (or d/c I think) you won't receive the final reward even if you get back to squad. Now THAT is wasted time. b:sad

re: desdi's post
silvergsx wrote: »
No... you only lose reward when you leave instance. If you get kicked from squad or d/c... you can still get reward as long as you won't run down your timer and get booted out. .
Post edited by LividLemur - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    fix them

Really nice and helpful post. Full of information and descriptions. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Which Glitches?

Because I can think of 4 I've seen off the top of my head in the last week. I just kinda chalk it up to being PWI, and you play around them or just deal with them.

I finally did some runs with some random-from-wc squads, and what some of them thought were errors or glitches were intended parts of the quests.

In true glitch fashion, I think our record was like 6? of the Twin Mobs all at once though. One was even on the bottom floor. I was unfortunately, too annoyed at the situation to be smart enough to take screenshots.

Really, RB and Warsong are worse off than AEU. AEU is perfect in comparison.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Which Glitches?

Because I can think of 4 I've seen off the top of my head in the last week. I just kinda chalk it up to being PWI, and you play around them or just deal with them.

I finally did some runs with some random-from-wc squads, and what some of them thought were errors or glitches were intended parts of the quests.

In true glitch fashion, I think our record was like 6? of the Twin Mobs all at once though. One was even on the bottom floor. I was unfortunately, too annoyed at the situation to be smart enough to take screenshots.

Really, RB and Warsong are worse off than AEU. AEU is perfect in comparison.

huh, weird.. I can't remember warsong ever glitching. how does it glitch? have done hundreds of them (well.. bhs), with a dozen or so of fulls lately

3 of the last 4 aeus have 'glitched' or otherwise were unable to be worked around. first one was bushes and it glitched on the pill part where everyone needed to have the pill quest.. 4/4 of something was needed and it climbed to like 11/4 before leader reset. bushes again, this time the array. dont know if the 'array dude' did it in the right pattern (even though he/she said they did) but that part of the instance cant be reset even if was done wrong, which is just unnecessarily lame. haven't done an aeu in awhile so jump into one today -- light/dark. Im tanking the phys immune while ele immune guys are apparently hurting their guy with harsh language. ele guy doesnt go down fast enough (twice) so fails and we have to reset. Last chance, we do it again and this time both are down to 50K HP at same time and die within 2-3 secs of each other. yay. o wait AOhe snake is alive and we cant progress. 45 mins, 250K ish charm wasted

I don't chalk that up 'to being PWI' (although with some irony i can see how one would). The rewards for these instances arent all that spectacular to justify time spent wasted only to have them glitch. And agree on the RB glitch, that is annoying and i wish they would fix that one too xD. At least when that one fails it fails right away (unless leader DCs later) as opposed to 30 mins in with AEU (after waiting for 10 people to arrive to start quest etc)

And anyone who says AEU doesn't glitch just doesn't run AEU, period

maybe like you say some of these 'glitches' might just be 'features' but imo they suck either way xD
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The only odd bugs Warsong may have is....

-You can randomly disconnect from falling off the stage and landing on the land below, teleporting you to the beginning.

-AOEing the NPCs when killing a Vile version boss makes you go pink name, not a big deal though, happens in RB. However, if you disconnect while pink named, it forces you in PK mode as a white name, but you can immediately turn it off. This has happened to a few people.

-Rarely, the adds for the final boss will spawn in the ground, untargetable by melees, and usually gets it's intended effects off.

-If you are APS'd by the Vile bosses, you can be tele'd out of Warsong and land dead in Sanctuary.

Whether you consider these bugs or not, your choice. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012

-You can randomly disconnect from falling off the stage and landing on the land below, teleporting you to the beginning.

-AOEing the NPCs when killing a Vile version boss makes you go pink name, not a big deal though, happens in RB. However, if you disconnect while pink named, it forces you in PK mode as a white name, but you can immediately turn it off. This has happened to a few people.

-Rarely, the adds for the final boss will spawn in the ground, untargetable by melees, and usually gets it's intended effects off.

-If you are APS'd by the Vile bosses, you can be tele'd out of Warsong and land dead in Sanctuary.

the worst warsong bug ive seen is one of the path mobs got sealed off the path and wound up on the ground below, resulting in one of the bosses being unkillable, and we couldnt get the final boss. and the mob couldnt be reset =( we tried for 15 minutes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sirrobert
    sirrobert Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That's not a glitch of any kind, that's just you taking so many hits before the game registers it that you die after you ress again.
    It's the same thing that happened in delta before they changed it so you have to ress yourself, and there is nothing the game can do to stop it, apart from changing the inctance to no longer auto ress. Which would mean you lose exp when you ress
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    first one was bushes and it glitched on the pill part where everyone needed to have the pill quest.. 4/4 of something was needed and it climbed to like 11/4 before leader reset.
    I don't quite understand this?
    bushes again, this time the array. dont know if the 'array dude' did it in the right pattern (even though he/she said they did) but that part of the instance cant be reset even if was done wrong, which is just unnecessarily lame.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there is a reset of some sort at that part because I've been in a squad before where we failed at it and then we just restarted.
    light/dark. Im tanking the phys immune while ele immune guys are apparently hurting their guy with harsh language. ele guy doesnt go down fast enough (twice) so fails and we have to reset.
    That's not a glitch at all. This is how the bosses are meant to be killed. It's the squad set up/unbalanced DD that causes this to fail.
    The rewards for these instances arent all that spectacular to justify time spent.
    With this, I agree. I still love doing it regardless b:chuckle

And anyone who says AEU doesn't glitch just doesn't run AEU, period
    I know AEU has glitches, but they aren't quite what you mentioned imo. A very annoying glitch is that if you get kicked out of squad (or d/c I think) you won't receive the final reward even if you get back to squad. Now THAT is wasted time. b:sad
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    AEU is pretty glitchy, in particular the bush path. The rest can be reset at least. Adding a way to make bush path resetable would probably solve most problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I've gotten kicked to Sanctuary a few times just when I had a whole load of mobs attacking me. Like someone else said, same as the old 1k bug in RB, except you can just run back into Warsong so it doesn't really hurt anything.

Bug that's been happening to me a lot lately in Warsong and RB (and I don't remember it in the past) is the "squad member not in range" message when you try to open (with all squad members present). You have to either let someone else open or pass lead back and forth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Good god where to start...

Warsong related:

"You can randomly disconnect from falling off the stage and landing on the land below, teleporting you to the beginning. "

Also, it does not always teleport you out. Last night was the 3rd time I've gone for a swim and had to timer out of the instance.

"-AOEing the NPCs when killing a Vile"
    You can also drop squad and PK people in the instance, even though they are blue name.

"Rarely, the adds for the final boss will spawn in the ground, untargetable by melees, and usually gets it's intended effects off."

They also sometimes...just don't spawn at all. You'll get only 2-3 of the 5.

"If you are APS'd by the Vile bosses, you can be tele'd out of Warsong and land dead in Sanctuary. "

And other places too. The death-bugs can happen really with any boss (usually) or pull. You may die, and be teleported to the entrance. You may die, and be telported to the entrance, and then telported out (xp loss). You may die, be teleported to the entrance, be teleported out, and have the res screen, and have to relog to do anything (xp loss). You can also die, be teleported elsewhere (I forgot where, I think its Dreamweaver, been a while. XP loss).

Its definitely not boss dependent.

Other bugs:

Defend lanes not spawning properly. I've actually sat there for almost 5 minutes in the middle of a wave, and ended up with a bunch of mobs grouped up (Wood, Metal this is common). This is most likely a pathing concern. I've also seen where both mobs and bosses fall off and onto the ground below.

"Lets Die Together" errors. At times it just goes off instantly, instead of with the few seconds delay. The range also seems to be buggy or variant as intended. This of course may be lag related.

Mob resets. I've watched mobs just reset for no reason, many times. Having nothing to do with pulling and getting stuck either. They could be right next to me, pulled as of 10 seconds ago, half HP, and run off and reset.

I'd call the fact that 90% of the drops are hammers and swords a bug, but really its just my **** luck.

AEU:
    Twin not resetting with failure
    Twin NPC NOT DYING, EVER when needing to reset

Stealth Bushes delay timer not going away
    HUGE delays in quest timing on "Bush" quest version
    (Might be intended) but twice with the Rat quest, the quest item just spawns with no mobs.
    Fire quest just failing for ??? reason (mistake with pill message), provided people weren't crazy in reporting/managing fire. But it was like 10 times in a row, same error message. (could be intended and just bad luck?)
    Pattern, although done correctly, not activating array.
    Crystals never melting or melting way in the back...even though no one is there (Bonus for us, but still weird - yes Im aware of the range DD trick, this aint it)

(Gonna call this one split spawn...cause some people call twin light/dark and Im confused)
    Split spawn mobs spawning at ? (Possibly below ground) and being unable to be found.
    No boss spawning in Split spawn with statues. (This happened once like two maintances ago)

Overall AEU
    Falling through bridges
    Getting stuck on bridges
    Some sections of the bottom floor you can fall through the world
    Some sections of the bottom floor you just get stuck
    Mobs/Bosses falling to bottom floor

"I don't chalk that up 'to being PWI'"
    When you do, its way less irritating.

"The rewards for these instances arent all that spectacular to justify"
    Anything really. The two books I've gotten were both **** books and not even for my class. I've gotten a ton of spy potions. The book chance is too low, and they need to remove the **** pots from the random.

But...the instance is fun. If it wasn't fun, it would be a dead instance and the book prices would go way up.

RB I ain't even gonna mention. It's still my fav instance, but it's got subscriptions. They have fixed a few over the years.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited July 2012
    haha touche.. A distinction was needed between 'glitches' and 'bugs' xD. For purposes of this thread, glitches being defined as "instance-breaking and requiring reset' with bugs being defined as "silly stuff that can be worked around without restarting instance" b:victory

**alot of stuff** (edited)

So yeah, lol, warsong def has some bugs but i guess i've been lucky enough not to have one have to be reset/run twice (a bug on the order of Glitch). The other night we did have a case where a mob disappeared on one of the pav paths and the boss whooped us as a result. The mob must have reset though (or we just plain missed him on the way to boss) as we got him the second time and finished the full WS. AT the end, one of the swords was sitting on top of the Essence of Offense such that we couldnt grab the essence without disturbing the weapon (that we were pming our friends and facs about to see who needed).

Bugs for sure, but didn't break instance.

As for RB, even when leader DCs and the quests 'fail', the squad can continue to kill all the bosses and finish their cultis, etc. So not instance-breaking, albeit annoying. I "think" pwi DID fix the 'get-punted to 1K streams bug' when hit hard by a boss, which used to break the instance. Still happens at the beginning sometimes but (perhaps luckily) havent had once in and rolling.

So yeah, bugs are definitely part of pwi andmany games and can be taken with a grain of salt. Glitches that require you to reset instance entirely should not be tolerated and require attention from pwi devs. AEU is still very messy in this regard and, hopefully as they did with the 'punt-to-1K-by-boss-in-Delta', they can clean up some of the major ones
    edited July 2012
    re: bushes
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there is a reset of some sort at that part because I've been in a squad before where we failed at it and then we just restarted.

nope, afaik there is no way to reset array if it is done wrong or bugs

I know AEU has glitches, but they aren't quite what you mentioned imo. A very annoying glitch is that if you get kicked out of squad (or d/c I think) you won't receive the final reward even if you get back to squad. Now THAT is wasted time. b:sad

see now that blows and should be looked into. That to me is a "glitch"

AEU is pretty glitchy, in particular the bush path. The rest can be reset at least. Adding a way to make bush path resetable would probably solve most problems.

Agree with this ^^ wholeheartedly. Perhaps just making parts of AEUs easier to reset rather than the whole trash quest --> find new player (s) to replace the ones that had to leave after wasting 30 mins --> try again loop would be the easiest, and thus most likely-to-be-implemented, place to start
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sirrobert wrote: »
    That's not a glitch of any kind, that's just you taking so many hits before the game registers it that you die after you ress again.

You've been playing this game for too long if you really think that way.

Imagine a normal game like Super Mario Bros. You are killed by a goomba and restart the stage from the beginning. Does that attack that kill you the first time continue to kill again after you respawn? Of course not that would be stupid.

Being killed several times by the same attack is bizarre and a glitch.
    The cause of it is because damage is delayed after it is calculated to allow attack animations but it is still a flaw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • silvergsx
    silvergsx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

No... you only lose reward when you leave instance. If you get kicked from squad or d/c... you can still get reward as long as you won't run down your timer and get booted out. A smart person would relog to restart timer... but a lobotomy patient would scream and cry until his timer runs out then QQ that he didn't get the reward.