Does anyone else feel this strange lag?

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Since our last 2x I did notice we are having some latency problems. I know it's not my connection because I am always under 200 ms, but when I try to use a scroll to teleport to luminance's Nexus I have to wait around one minute to see the 5 seconds quest start to run.

It's the same for nirvana, a lot of people is not getting the rally stone or can't teleport into nirvana immediately. Sometimes the run fails because someone is not paying attention to the chat/inventory to know if they got the stone already.

I did notice the rally stone quest is actually "stuck" in your quest list and you have to wait around one minute to get it, or relog to get it faster; but this doesn't work every time.

Is anyone in other servers felling this problem?
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Since our last 2x I did notice we are having some latency problems. I know it's not my connection because I am always under 200 ms, but when I try to use a scroll to teleport to luminance's Nexus I have to wait around one minute to see the 5 seconds quest start to run.

It's the same for nirvana, a lot of people is not getting the rally stone or can't teleport into nirvana immediately. Sometimes the run fails because someone is not paying attention to the chat/inventory to know if they got the stone already.

I did notice the rally stone quest is actually "stuck" in your quest list and you have to wait around one minute to get it, or relog to get it faster; but this doesn't work every time.

Yes, I started noticing the Lagtime in both {HT & Archo} aswell, since the last (x2)...

It is a tad bit annoying to say the least, especially when it comes to porting........b:surrender

I haven't tried to check {Lost City} yet for the lag, but it does exist in both {Archo & HT} when I go on them now.....
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

This isn't new at all, I have had that problem in nirvana/other things for the past 2 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This isn't new at all, I have had that problem in nirvana/other things for the past 2 years.
    I am sure some individual cases were around before our last 2x, but now it's kinda generalb:cry
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of months ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Also, post a copy of a traceroute to the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldenarmy777
    goldenarmy777 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    havent played for a long time xD I came back and wow, its second perfect world. Does anyone else feel THIS? sorry for sudden reply like this b:chuckle but game became so boring, with its sparkling staff :D almost impossible to play free and it still wont be a great fun. and about lag, lag was even when I played before, moving was just difficult liek hell b:victory I should opened new post to say all these things, just wanted to say them faster soooo muchb:pleased
  • _Icefire_ - Lost City
    _Icefire_ - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I do not seem to be having any issues on the Lost City server. I have disconnected several times in the last two weeks, but I am sure that was just my PC acting up.
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    its quest lag.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Quest lag :(.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • lemurlord
    lemurlord Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of months ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

stop it, already..... b:beatup

If someone isnt rubberbanding, it's doubtful packe tloss is an issue. So quit pasting your lame tech support 101 wall of ****
  • fairymaster1
    fairymaster1 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

This is/was server lag, not user end problems. It has dropped some but not much
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This is/was server lag, not user end problems. It has dropped some but not much
    prove it. I've been playing on all the US servers and I'm not getting any lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    prove it. I've been playing on all the US servers and I'm not getting any lag.

lol at the idiot responce.

Every squad i been in during 2x atleast half the squad sometimes all waits for 2-3 mins to tele into nirvana and another 2-3 mins to get their stone. Half the time they never did get their stone and had to relog. The same happened in all the high traffic instances. Even TW was running late during and after this past 2x. I don't have to prove it when the practically everyone on the server is getting the same lag.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Every squad i been in during 2x atleast half the squad sometimes all waits for 2-3 mins to tele into nirvana and another 2-3 mins to get their stone. Half the time they never did get their stone and had to relog. The same happened in all the high traffic instances. Even TW was running late during and after this past 2x. I don't have to prove it when the practically everyone on the server is getting the same lag.

Well half of them need a need computer. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited July 2012
    Options
    well while you're dropping like flies, I'm connected with an average ping of 175ms and not experiencing any delays. So if it's the servers, like you say, how come I'm not having any issues, like during 2x? Neither are the majority of people I run with, although there are a few exceptions. (Most of those we are able to track down to a local issue.)

The answer is simple, it's not the servers that's the issue. It's something on the many connections that your path takes before it gets to the servers. The closer to the server the hub having a problem is, the more people you will see experiencing a problem.
    That still doesn't make it the servers.
    Common sense man, common sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    well while you're dropping like flies, I'm connected with an average ping of 175ms and not experiencing any delays. So if it's the servers, like you say, how come I'm not having any issues, like during 2x? Neither are the majority of people I run with, although there are a few exceptions. (Most of those we are able to track down to a local issue.)

The answer is simple, it's not the servers that's the issue. It's something on the many connections that your path takes before it gets to the servers. The closer to the server the hub having a problem is, the more people you will see experiencing a problem.
    That still doesn't make it the servers.
    Common sense man, common sense.

One no one is dropping like flies nor did I say anyone was. They do not even have high pings nor do they have high pings when they are waiting to get in a instance.

On your Common sense statement. You did not even use common sense in your response. You did not even read my post. If only certain instances are having this issue its pretty obvious this is a server problem and not a problem on the network path outside the location the physical servers resides. A outside network (or user computer) problem would affect all game play not just specific instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Every squad i been in during 2x at least half the squad sometimes all waits for 2-3 mins to tele into nirvana and another 2-3 mins to get their stone. Half the time they never did get their stone and had to relog. The same happened in all the high traffic instances. Even TW was running late during and after this past 2x. I don't have to prove it when the practically everyone on the server is getting the same lag.

It may not be dropping like flies, but with that lag can you really tell the difference?
    I've never seen TW times start late. I've got a clock set to server time to keep track of events, and TW fires off right when it's supposed to.
    Sounds to me like SylenThunder is mostly correct there. I know last time I had an issue, I ran a trace and it turned out to be the AT&T hub on the border about 5 hours from me that was causing problems. Sure we had a few faction mates dropping then too, but we all figured it out, and it wasn't the server.

And damnit, my avatar still won't show right. Stupid browser.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    No one is dropping like flies much less loosing their connection, where is this silly responses comming from lol. b:laugh Do you people just type lettings and words our without even reading the previous post? Our TW's were late every time during and since this past 2x. Would you like me to get my faction mats and members from the other factions we fought and post here as well?

Kassos, SylenThunder has not shown a viable reason for what I have posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]