Spawn Wipes and You

Options
Kerona - Sanctuary
Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Twilight Temple (West)
There has been a lot of spawn wiping going on lately (duh) but more importantly a lot of complaining and trash talking about spawn wiping in world chat, common chat, forums, private pms, pming your friend to whine about it in the faction's fc, etc.

What is a Spawn Wipe?
When someone from the opposing faction in a TW goes immune to avoid your base towers and kill you on top of the respawn area, or spawn point. Now lets list things that spawn wiping is NOT: killing you when you have your seal on in front of the spawn or elsewhere in your base, killing in front of the crystal but out of range of your towers and spawn point, killing you as you run up under the crystal like sheeple.

Why do people Spawn Wipe?
During TW it's a suppression tactic to keep people from regrouping when the enemy is in their base. After the TW people like to unleash their pent up frustrations on a group of unprotected squishies. Also boost their kill count, especially cata pullers who otherwise get few. It's important to understand that when someone spawn wipes, they're not doing it to hit YOU when YOU are vulenerable and thus mock YOU in some way. They're killing your pixels for ****s and giggles, and most know they're being douchey, so whining about it won't make them stop. It's also demoralizing. They are aware of this and, well, duh.

How do I do a Spawn Wipe?
Go immune and hit stuff. I suck, don't ask me.

How do I avoid being Spawn Wiped?
Ah, well, you see, that's the trick. To avoid being Spawn Wiped you move off the spawn. Not forward, as that will usually get you killed, but to the left or right or fly. Sometimes even moving far back will get you out of AoE range. It's that simple. If you have to leave the instance and they are spamming you, use a teleport stone.

Kerona would write a post about Spawn Wipes. What a "insert insult".
Why yes, I would.

It's rude to Spawn Wipe! I've lost all respect for "insert faction name"!
What is important to understand is that EVERY FACTION SPAWN WIPES. Every faction has also been spawn wiped. Maybe you don't see it because you're usually a) dead b) not in enemy base c) low distances d) blind, but it happens. Vindis spawn wipe, LG spawn wipes, Regi spawn wipes. Nef used to spawn wipe many eons ago. Endeavour, Enelysion, Kakumau, blahblahblah all spawn wipe. Last weekend I got spawn wiped 3 times in 1 minute trying to get out of LG TW and into Kaku and I average 3 deaths to Spawn Wipes per month since two years ago when I was first spawn killed by BigP in Vindicate vs LG. It happens to everyone.

Second, you claiming to have lost all respect for XXX faction has absolutely zero effect. You world chatting about it might earn you more spawn wipes, who knows, but it will not make them stop. They might giggle at you. Maybe in the old days it was respectful to not do it, and some factions like Endeavour still pull out of enemy base (insert sex joke) after TW, but during TW you are free game. Getting used to it doesn't mean you have to like it or embrace it, but it will save you a lot of stress and e-tears. Relax, it's a video game.

My faction Spawn Wipes and I don't like it :(
I'm sorry, that must suck.

I tried to Spawn Wipe and failed and now they all laugh at me.
b:sad I feel you.

So lets move on, people of Sanctuary, and focus on more interesting and popcorn worthy drama. Only a few more weeks until reset and a few months until The War Between Guilds Numero Dos.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kerona - Sanctuary on

Comments

• wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    map resets next month or the month after next?
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    map resets next month or the month after next?

6 months from 2nd week of february so... august? mid august? should be round there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's just something that shouldn't be possible in the first place. Killing your opponent as soon as they respawn in their 'safe base' is just being a major ****.

Not criticizing anyone personally here. Just saying, it takes all fun out of the PK for me seeing so much trash talk and bs pulled on others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • RisingDoll - Sanctuary
    RisingDoll - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:kiss awww my lovly Kerona is QQing beucase he cant spawn kills b:chuckle
  • Comeatme - Lothranis
    Comeatme - Lothranis Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Spawn killing is often the highlight of the TW nowdays b:sweat
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Idk what's the problem with spawn-killing. All the QQ'ing bout spawn killling after n during TW in wc, forum w/e will just keep me doing this more often

and as Kerona said, it's tactical or just to show off ur frustration. I do it cuz I love the damage log :D
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

b:laugh didnt know kerona became a guy
  • nukecleric
    nukecleric Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

WTF kerona is a he? b:spitb
  • svaarog
    svaarog Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's like when i catch you with a scarf of an opposite team after the football game, not only i'll punch your kidneys out but also gonna jump on your skull untill you don't give sign of life anymore, ah, growing up in europe... wait, what were we talking about? Oh yes, football violence is bad, don't do it after you are 21, and this particular spawn killin' topic was talked over about 5 gazillions of times for the past 3 years also. Now hope people will recognise the mtph in the right light.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    nukecleric wrote: »
    WTF kerona is a he? b:spitb

o no no no
    nobody buys male noodz. gotta sell the female noodz.
    get rank9rr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    Mistbelle - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I haven't been on and everyone's still QQing. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    u hurt my feelings when u spawn wipe me i dont even...... b:angry b:cry
  • rubber08
    rubber08 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

How do I do a Spawn Wipe?
    Go immune and hit stuff. I suck, don't ask me.

As an archer you can just barrage on the not moving catapults near the sapwn point..if they make even the smallest step out of the exact spawn point auto death.
    The thing is you are actually in the Spawn Towers range but they only get activated if you walk up to the staircase the rest of the area is safe until someone activates it...i always die to the tower when the **** bms go dragon the spawn :((.
    Why Spawn kill?
    Beacuse it breaks your enemys faith in their power it`s the bigest humiliation to not even be able to walk out of your spawn point + it`s SUPEREFECTIVE
    Bergamote-R9 102 EA LostCity server
    page me if you think you can beat me b:laugh
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    yeah i can see it during the tw, as much as i hate it. I suppose all those fps with the spawn u can not get to bred that into me Q.Q but what i cant stand is after a tw is over, man my charm was ***** by u once don't need it again Dx so ive always been one of those care bares that hides off to the side. plus i didn't think the pvp kills were anything near correct >.> i don't trust the damn site one bit
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I would spam spawn kill kerona errweek, not afraid to admit it, only wish it could be errday. b:pleased
  • zelshin
    zelshin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    yeah i can see it during the tw, as much as i hate it. I suppose all those fps with the spawn u can not get to bred that into me Q.Q but what i cant stand is after a tw is over, man my charm was ***** by u once don't need it again Dx so ive always been one of those care bares that hides off to the side. plus i didn't think the pvp kills were anything near correct >.> i don't trust the damn site one bit

PVP kills are "accurate" in that PWI keeps track of two numbers: total kills and unique kills. I suck at pgay so maybe someone with more info can fill us in on the difference, but I'm gonna assume unique kills doesn't include killing someone on a rez or while sealed. Unique kills is what's reported on the website.

Of course, spam killing your white named alt is probably most common source zzz

- Kero, this forum bug sucks