Is there anything here worth coming back for?

Options
Zenorx - Harshlands
Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
I miss the good old days of late night dungeon runs that took hours.
I miss the standing around at silverpool
I miss the awesome/raging/trolling community that existed on HL

I have been contemplating coming back, starting from level 1 on another server.
My question is, is it worth it? I had a lot of fun in the past, is there still fun to be had or is it better to leave PWI buried as a fond memory of 4 years of fun.

And if I do come back, what server? Harshlands is as good as dead, all the fun people left long ago and its now filled with a bunch of pubescent idiots. Are there any servers left that have nice people, people interested in doing fun runs and standing around pking without being FC rank9 obsessed idiots?
Post edited by Zenorx - Harshlands on

Comments

• oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Personal opinion keep your fond memories , returning now would only destroy that . Its sad .
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It sounds like you are a PVP player and then you wouldnt have anything to come back to. Only 10% of the playerbase is interested in PK and out of that it is only those with the best gear that are in PK regurarly. Good luck in other games that are more geared towards your playing style. (There are probably no succesful free to play mmorpg pvp games though.)
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It sounds like you are a PVP player and then you wouldnt have anything to come back to. Only 10% of the playerbase is interested in PK and out of that it is only those with the best gear that are in PK regurarly. Good luck in other games that are more geared towards your playing style. (There are probably no succesful free to play mmorpg pvp games though.)

How about LOL?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    run for your life and don't come back b:shocked
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

My question is, is it worth it? I had a lot of fun in the past, is there still fun to be had or is it better to leave PWI buried as a fond memory of 4 years of fun.

And if I do come back, what server? Harshlands is as good as dead, all the fun people left long ago and its now filled with a bunch of pubescent idiots. Are there any servers left that have nice people, people interested in doing fun runs and standing around pking without being FC rank9 obsessed idiots?

I don't think it will ever be as fun as it was back then. Personally, the only way I can see
    having fun now is if there were a LOT of new players (which there aren'tb:sad) and they
    were to play the game with an eye to PLAYING THE GAME ONLY. By this I mean, very
    limited cs'ing (inv. stones, fash, maybe charms), and no ideas about leveling as fast as
    possible, or striving for uber gear.

The only 2 pvp servers I've been on are Harshlands & LC. Basically, you see the same
    stuff/behavior on both.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Is there anything here worth coming back for?

No, but only because I'm tired of all the ignorant negativity.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If you plan on coming back and enjoying PvP, don't bother unless you have a few grand to spare. (Like enough for a small car.)

If you plan for PvE, find a good populated server like Sanctuary, enjoy soloing the early levels and keep an eye out for a good faction. If you ignore the idiots and the hyper noobs, you'll do just fine and it can be enjoyable.

If you are looking for the PWI you used to know, it's no longer here. With the Rising Tide expansion and the introduction of BH's and other changes to the game, the majority of the community's, and PWE's, greediness, has destroyed what it once was.
    If you are looking for this, there's a few private servers hanging around you can find that are decently populated and don't have +100x or +1000x exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Tbh the only reason to come back is friends. It's the only reason a majority of us are still here. That friendship bond. If you don't have that don't bother. Open world PK is pretty much dead. TW can be fun if you join a mid/low tier faction otherwise its not really anymore.
    How about LOL?
    LOl technically isn't a MMORPG. its an RTS like Starcraft / DoTA etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

you could probably try the EU server just to get a little bit of different atmosphere than the NA ones? (personally sanctuary still seems very active)

Atm the game isnt all THAT bad as everyone says. The prices are as usual (expensive) but theres a little bit more new content to enjoy non the new maps. If your not into heavy competition, the fun is just finding an active fac to talk in :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My opinons:

--PvE

-Since the last major update, you have a few more PvE challenges, with new Warsong and Lunar, the incentive being that the gears aren't that hard to farm, however, it really depends on luck for the new molds.

-You have the new Morai area for new skills, and Advanced Endless Universe, the latest fully brand new instance.

-Of course you have Nirvana and Twilight Temple, nothing has changed in those, by much.

--PvP

-Open map PvP is reserved for r9, you can argue otherwise, but ultimately it is. If there are any other lower geared players in PK, its due to them being friends with the big bad r9ers.

-To another point, those players will say PvP isn't dead, but ultimately the PvP world now is a small bubble to everything else, need I say more?

-TW, the smaller factions usually have more fun now, the top factions just stream roll for lands in 5 minute runs.

-Ultimately, if you have full r9+12, congrats, you are now a "factor" (as what is called when you matter for some reason, rofl), anything else, you will be at a loss. Of course, this only applies if you care about PvP at all.

--Everything else

-Gold is at 1.5 mill on average now, on HT at least.

-Shops are slowly diminishing, the hardcore merchants have like 3+ shops open.

-We got the same old lovely sales. We are due for a game breaker sale though, like the +11/+12 orb sale.

Overall, if you can make the game fun, it can be fun. If you let it bother you that it is very cash-oriented, you won't have a good time then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    and the winner will be GoodWenom2 b00m :P
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    No, the game isn't really worth coming back to unless you already have an overgeared char and friends who still want you to play. The forums are sucking really bad lately too.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

I play AI-N on the Kahrun Server (Elyos), main is Moonspirit and Winterspirit.

It is F2P now and the noob-town is bigger than all of the non-instanced PWI.

BUT - while you have the PvP (TONS of it), you do not have the friendships and closeness that you have on PWI.

This one is not really about the best gear, but moreso if you have mastered the fight or flight when facing the enemy -and- you know your and their class.

My lvl 24 Sin totally killed 4/5 purples (it means rifters that are 10+ levels higher then me) and I dont' even have gold gear. They all attacked me but some got tangled in mobs.

It's not a P2win, but it is a game where you really got to farm, craft and yeah, learn how to face rifters that are going to kill you (points used to get themselves gear).

Anywho.. PWI still have the very nice friendships, and less people, which makes it much easier to have an exceptionally nice social environment. Big games, just simply have too many people - and not very many social clicks like PWI, which was one of its many charms.

It would be nice if PWI downsized the Cash Shopping and accented on their community, this is one area where PWI has always exceled.