Question: HP or Physical resistance?

xvokcx
xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
So i have enuf cash to either +11 my hat or +10 my Necklace and Belt

If i +11 the hat my hp will round up to 15k , My hp it's 14.5k now.
If i +10 my 2 Ornaments will give me a good physical resistance boost / both ornaments are +7 right now

So what Do i do , wich is more important in your opinion?
Post edited by xvokcx on

Comments

• OpenSesameee - Lost City
    OpenSesameee - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    how much p.def do u have right now tho?
    anyways i would go for p.def just my opinion
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2012
    For most mage classes it's more beneficial in the long run to shard for Pdef and refine for HP.
    In your case, I would refine whichever you need more of. If your Pdef is low because you've been sharding with citrines, then refine the ornament. If your pdef is fine because you've been sharding with garnets, then refine the helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Something to consider is how fast you're capable of healing / being healed. IH even on a pure mag cleric with +10 G15 isn't fast enough for many that focus on HP. I was frustrated almost all day today because of 4.0+ apsers that died in Nirvana from 1-2 hits. FCS: My mages have far better pdef!
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    xvokcx wrote: »
    So i have enuf cash to either +11 my hat or +10 my Necklace and Belt

If i +11 the hat my hp will round up to 15k , My hp it's 14.5k now.
    If i +10 my 2 Ornaments will give me a good physical resistance boost / both ornaments are +7 right now

So what Do i do , wich is more important in your opinion?

Are you a Seeker (or other tank), Sin, or arcane class?
    The answer would vary.

Since your HP is already a base 14.5K I don't think you are arcane unless your all +12. b:chuckle

If your a sin I'd go for more phy def if your HP is already 14.5K.

If your a Tank I'd go for more HP. 14.5K isn't a lot for a Barb. For a Seeker or BM it's good though but more is better.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As what Magic asked, what is your class? With your current health and what you've stated, I'd say go for the ornaments.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    personally I'd say you'll gain more benefit from boosting your ornaments. But that all depends on what armor type you wear. If you are heavy armor, refining your heavy ornaments will see minimal gain, thought it will be there. If you are Light Armor or Arcane Armor, the pdef gain you get from refining ornaments is going to outweigh the benefits of ~500 more hp.

More defense means your HP remedies will work "better" (because you get hit for less damage per hit, your potions and other heals/time will be more potent relatively speaking. IE they can keep you alive easier)

More HP pretty much means you have a bigger safety net if all you ever do is rely upon charm ticks to keep you alive, or find yourself being stun locked a lot (potting isn't possible while stunned obviously)

Speaking strictly defensively, if you are heavy armor, you would wear ideally wear AA ornaments, whereas Arcane armor would ideally wear p.def ornaments -- to balance out the natural weaknesses. LA classes i would personally recommend to use Arcane ornaments on bowcher, pdef orns on sins and the odd quirky fistcher. Obviously there's other builds out there that don't follow those old recommendations, mostly due to aps being involved. If you find yourself heavily lacking in a certain defensive area, refine the ornament(s) that will boost it.

NB: not always good to have high *** HP. certain aoe's and suicide bombers in warsong deal a %HP based AoE. 90% of 20k leaves me with 2k hp which is more than others would have, but heres where the fun part comes in.. If your base defenses are low, the next couple hits may kill you. Repotting the remaining 18k HP in preparation for the next assault is going to take a considerable amount of time without charms or ToP. A lower hp base class can get their hp back up in 1-2 crab meats whereas its going to take a higher hp toon 6 pots just for the original 18k (one minute), but you still have to recover the damage you take in the mean time, so it can take even longer to restore that HP to full.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thanks everyone , yes this is for a Sin toon of mine :) Guess P . Deff it is, Great advise!b:bye
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For most mage classes it's more beneficial in the long run to shard for Pdef and refine for HP.
    In your case, I would refine whichever you need more of. If your Pdef is low because you've been sharding with citrines, then refine the ornament. If your pdef is fine because you've been sharding with garnets, then refine the helmet.

Logic. Win. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...