Linking PWE & Cryptic Accounts

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
You may be seeing a bunch of new faces this week, as players from our Cryptic sister games are linking their accounts to Perfect World accounts. With this, they'll be able to log in and find friends in other games more easily.

If you've already got a Perfect World account -- great! You're fine, you don't have to do a thing, except to welcome all the new players from our sister games.

If you're coming over from a Cryptic account and want to get linked, read through the FAQs below to get all the benefits of linking your Cryptic and PWE accounts.

How do I link my accounts?

Navigate to https://my.perfectworld.com/sto, and login. This will take you through the linking flow. Be sure to select the correct radio button for your account type.

Why are we linking accounts?

By linking your Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic accounts, you will enjoy a more streamlined process in accessing your information and logging into your favorite games. Doing so will also allow the friends you play with to find you more easily in other titles.

How do I purchase ZEN?

Navigate to our billing page https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge. You'll be able to purchase ZEN in a number of ways, including prepaid ZEN cards, credit cards and PayPal.

How do I transfer ZEN to a server?
When you buy ZEN, it gets added to your wallet, which you can view at https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet. From there, you'll be able to select which game, then which server you want to transfer ZEN to.

What if I don't want to link?

Account linking will soon be non-optional. If you have a Cryptic account and link now, you can claim a special item in Star Trek Online. Also, the sooner you link, the better chance you have of getting your preferred account name and display name.

What about my Cryptic Points?

Cryptic points currently on your account will remain on your account - you won't lose them, but you can only use them in Star Trek Online or Champions Online. Once you've linked your account, you can take advantage of the many payment options to purchase Zen.

What if I don't have a PWE account?

The linking flow will walk you through creating one. Chances are, we've even reserved your account name and @handle.

What if I don't have a Cryptic account?

That's okay. When you login to the Star Trek Online or Champions Online website with your PWE account, we'll grant your account the proper credentials to play all Cryptic games. You won't have to do anything except maybe choose an @handle.

Why are the boxes red? It won't let me have my account name/@handle!

Couple things to check:

1. You can't have the same acount name and display name in the PWE system. If yours are the same, decide if you'd rather it be your login or your public name, and pick something else for the one you care less about.

2. If they're not the same, it's possible that one or the other is already taken in the PWE system, and you'll need to select something else.

It won't let me have my email address!

If it says your email address is already in the system, try recovering your PW login name and password here: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

What are the Privacy and Data Protection Policies?

The protection of your privacy and personal information is very important to us. Please visit our Privacy Policy page to learn more about how we safeguard your account information.

But I only get 80 CP for every 100 Zen!

The Zen to CP conversion rate is the the same as the cash to CP conversion rate. Zen is $1 : 100 Zen. CP is $1 : 80 CP. You'll receive the same number of CP you always did for the same dollar price.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Okay, wat
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Okay, wat

um 0k.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So basically we merged with another game.
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How do I purchase ZEN?

Navigate to our billing page https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge. You'll be able to purchase ZEN in a number of ways, including prepaid ZEN cards, credit cards and PayPal.

How do I transfer ZEN to a server?
    When you buy ZEN, it gets added to your wallet, which you can view at https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet. From there, you'll be able to select which game, then which server you want to transfer ZEN to.

But I only get 80 CP for every 100 Zen!

The Zen to CP conversion rate is the the same as the cash to CP conversion rate. Zen is $1 : 100 Zen. CP is $1 : 80 CP. You'll receive the same number of CP you always did for the same dollar price.

El Oh El !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm confused what a Company merge for other games has anything to do with PWI.....

Wouldn't this be best as a global announcement to all forums?
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Would be funny if a volunteer mod moved franie's post to announcements forum.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just had a quick browse of the Star Trek forum . Their not happy over there , PWE has botched it and many cant even log in now b:shocked.
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • DreamDrops - Dreamweaver
    DreamDrops - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Repopulate the map with imported char's from other games ??, or is this money making start again char's. Ohhhh crafty.
    There are NO Adults in this World,

Just old Children, with Wrinkles b:chuckle
  • AnomenDelryn - Heavens Tear
    AnomenDelryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok I used my PWI alt account to play STO and realized my PC can't run it. So since I won't be playing STO anymore will my account be suspended for inactivity? I still use this account for PWI.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    FIRST PAGE????

lol

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Erm okay. Good luck with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Right this thread made me understand the meaning of life
    Now in all seriousness +1 to my post count?
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Okay, legit post.

Does this have any sort of negative impact? I have both PWE and Cryptic accounts (from before the purchase) back when I used to sort of play Champions Online. Both even have the same username and everything. (I know, bad security practice).

This is more of a curiosity question.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok I used my PWI alt account to play STO and realized my PC can't run it. So since I won't be playing STO anymore will my account be suspended for inactivity? I still use this account for PWI.

We've never suspended an account due to inactivity, but in any case, as long as your account is accessing any one of our games, it wouldn't be considered "inactive" for those purposes.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Reading about the recent user database vulnerability in cryptic studios from wikipedia I'm pretty dang concerned about my data being even remotely associated with a cyrptic studios account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashleyaddiction
    ashleyaddiction Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Reading about the recent user database vulnerability in cryptic studios from wikipedia I'm pretty dang concerned about my data being even remotely associated with a cyrptic studios account.

Hence why everything is switching to PWE's servers [:
  • mgazer
    mgazer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just had a quick browse of the Star Trek forum . Their not happy over there , PWE has botched it and many cant even log in now

That doesn't even begin to cover it. Losing custom avatars, in-game mail access from the forums is gone, thousands of important posts are lost in a sea Archived Posts, the dev tracker is a huge black hole and doesn't work. We lost a bunch of functionality through all this and hundreds of people are taking all this as a personal insult.

I would expect A LOT of negative feedback from them not to mention the loss of revenue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mgazer wrote: »
    That doesn't even begin to cover it. Losing custom avatars, in-game mail access from the forums is gone, thousands of important posts are lost in a sea Archived Posts, the dev tracker is a huge black hole and doesn't work. We lost a bunch of functionality through all this and hundreds of people are taking all this as a personal insult.

I would expect A LOT of negative feedback from them not to mention the loss of revenue.

Yeesh. But I wouldn't take it personal. PWE's core connect system has been buggy for a long time. In general the PWE forums could benefit from a overhaul. Sometimes certain features don't come stay around when a new company buys out an old one. I hope at least the in-game experience is still fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeesh. But I wouldn't take it personal. PWE's core connect system has been buggy for a long time. In general the PWE forums could benefit from a overhaul. Sometimes certain features don't come stay around when a new company buys out an old one. I hope at least the in-game experience is still fun.

It has not just effected forums , many cannot log into the game now..
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    oxytorch wrote: »
    It has not just effected forums , many cannot log into the game now..

That really sucks. My only suggestion would be to submit a ticket if you can't login to game. They'll likely reply with an automated response first so be persistent. But if you remain polite and calm and persistent, I have had a mostly positive experience with ticketing. Have they posted instructions for you guys on ticketing yet?

edit: I'm sure you know oxy but maybe the others....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE bought Cryptic Studios.

Which means...

Nothing, really. Except all of Cryptic's games are going to start to suck now.

It also sucks for everyone playing Cryptic's games, as 10 zen = 8 cryptic points. Means you only get $8 of stuff for every $10 you put in.

So really, it's a kick in the face for anyone who plays any of Cryptic's games.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ashleyaddiction
    ashleyaddiction Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE bought Cryptic Studios.

Which means...

Nothing, really. Except all of Cryptic's games are going to start to suck now.

It also sucks for everyone playing Cryptic's games, as 10 zen = 8 cryptic points. Means you only get $8 of stuff for every $10 you put in.

So really, it's a kick in the face for anyone who plays any of Cryptic's games.

Actually, no.

$1 = 100 ZEN and before the change, $1 = 80 Cryptic Points. It's still a 1:1 ratio.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hence why everything is switching to PWE's servers [:

Thats not going to help because PWI is demanding you use the cryptic db, which I"m 99% positive I won't do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gouraudpalm2
    gouraudpalm2 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This thread is solid evidence that the game is dying. People are leaving so pwi had to "buy more players" from other games.

This may be a good idea because (for example) if every player costs $9 and they buy on average $10 each, then pwi made a profit.