Blade Hurl?

Options
Maelael - Heavens Tear
Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Blademaster
Has anyone tested this yet? I haven't seen any posts on it...nor do I seem to know anyone with it strangely.

I'm interested in doing AEU or just flat out buying it from someone, but Im curious on it's usefulness and effectiveness.

Does it really ruin the hell outta people's days in PvP/TW?
Does it unequip the weapon or just gray it out?
Does it prevent people from using skills that require a weapon?
pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
Post edited by Maelael - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I've been spamming AEU and I'm certain there isn't a single BM on my server with this skill yet. I'm trying my best to get it, even willing to buy it, but so far I haven't seen it. I really wanna use it and see exactly what it does. I do know it's an AoE, so it could make or break a TW...

BMs...the breaking point in TW since HF
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I swear I saw it for sale in WC the other day, unfortunately all my coin was wrapped up in DoDs and Cannies.

But...I don't wanna plunk down 20-50m on something that does not work as intended or written (like our Telestu...Teleimmobilize)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I swear I saw it for sale in WC the other day, unfortunately all my coin was wrapped up in DoDs and Cannies.

But...I don't wanna plunk down 20-50m on something that does not work as intended or written (like our Telestu...Teleimmobilize)

That ticked me off too, though I still do love it in PK...Depending on the fight ofc.

On my server they go for about 15m now...First few drops sold hella high, but it's not so bad now. What I hope for is that it greys out the weapon entirely, but you can still use skills...That way people will start using skills for their effects rather than their damage...

Though even if it makes it so you can't use a skill, BMs still have the advantage of roar not requiring a weapon...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    That ticked me off too, though I still do love it in PK...Depending on the fight ofc.

On my server they go for about 15m now...First few drops sold hella high, but it's not so bad now. What I hope for is that it greys out the weapon entirely, but you can still use skills...That way people will start using skills for their effects rather than their damage...

Though even if it makes it so you can't use a skill, BMs still have the advantage of roar not requiring a weapon...

Eh Teleimmobilize has it's uses, mostly as part of my arsenal to slow down catabarbs and clerics in TW, and get unstuck from the blacksmiths in Warsong.

I'm hoping for of either two things with Blade Hurl:

1. It greys out the weapon slot and they cant use skills that require a weapon.
    2. It unequips the weapon, greying just the weapon out (can equip another), and you can't use skills that require a weapon unless you equip another one or wait the three seconds. Kinda doubting this one cause then barbs would have to un-kitty form, equip, then re-kitty form.

Either would seriously be a huge advantage in terms of TW for me, but if it just doesn't allow them to autoattack, the skill is worthless imho.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I just got the book for cheap, have to wait on learning it since I lack spirit (only 200k short, 1 FC should do) then I'll test it around and let you know what I come up with, just give me a few hours, I also have to do dishes before I FC
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I just got the book for cheap, have to wait on learning it since I lack spirit (only 200k short, 1 FC should do) then I'll test it around and let you know what I come up with, just give me a few hours, I also have to do dishes before I FC

Hawt! Thank you man, let us know.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I got the skill a litlle over a week ago. It's nice, 24 m range with an 8m aoe and as far as i can tell it dosen't miss. I only did a few tests on high dex sins and archers but so far I havent missed with it. It does ok damage and it can crit, haven't seen it zerk yet, but if it can crit I assume it can zerk too. I haven't used it in TW yet last 2 were rolls so I didn't get a chance to. It's nice in pk if a few sins are trying to kill your barb friend and they can't attack or use skills for 3 seconds. And as far as I can tell wit the tests that I have done is it grays out everything, skills and weapons. You can't change weapons, or use any skills for 3 sec even if the skill requires no weapon to use. Not sure about the auto attack maybe I will try that next. It does cost 1 spark to use and it has a long cool down imo but it's a nice skill. Blade tornado is still best imo but this one is a nice addition, and I like flame tsunami also. Don't have Reel In yet but half way to that. OK enough yammering.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Alright, after a bit of experimenting, it does not interrupt channeling, Auto attack is still available, and it seems to grey out your weapon. Also, venos at least, can still cast, but they hit like **** since they lsoe all their weapon values.

It seems that you have no weapon damage and all damage is based on base damage without a weapon. From the character display (Avatar I mean) your weapon vanishes. However, being an axe BM I always use my axe, I can still drop an HF or any axe skills.

I also noticed it hits very well, and to confirm, yes it can crit and it can zerk.

I wanted to test it on a seeker during vortex to see if it canceled vortex. If it does it could also interrupt BoA...

I'll test more tomorrow
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Amazing reports Zarkin and Saethos, thank you!!!

Blade Tornado:
    I agree, Blade Tornado looks awesome as an upgrade. I only use it in weird situations in TW as Im on defense squads, so its not a huge priority for me. I do miss base pushes a bit :(

Reel In:
    I'm close to reel-in as I got over my omg-tired-of-morai butthurt, Ive seen it in use in PK and TW but as usual, Im concerned with it's success rate.

Blade Hurl:
    I'm glad to hear it knocks out skills. I am very curious on the cancelling channeling, this would be killer for knocking people outta DB/Vortex/Barrage. 24m range is hawt as well. The fact it doesn't seem to miss is even better.

Flame Tsunami:
    TBH if Im 40% or under I'm DEAD or in the process of leaping/HPing the hell out.

Okay! Looks like Im AEUing and shopping for skills....
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Amazing reports Zarkin and Saethos, thank you!!!

Blade Tornado:
    I agree, Blade Tornado looks awesome as an upgrade. I only use it in weird situations in TW as Im on defense squads, so its not a huge priority for me. I do miss base pushes a bit :(

Reel In:
    I'm close to reel-in as I got over my omg-tired-of-morai butthurt, Ive seen it in use in PK and TW but as usual, Im concerned with it's success rate.

Blade Hurl:
    I'm glad to hear it knocks out skills. I am very curious on the cancelling channeling, this would be killer for knocking people outta DB/Vortex/Barrage. 24m range is hawt as well. The fact it doesn't seem to miss is even better.

Flame Tsunami:
    TBH if Im 40% or under I'm DEAD or in the process of leaping/HPing the hell out.

Okay! Looks like Im AEUing and shopping for skills....

It doesn't bring down DB since you can cast DB unarmed (though it will have **** damage of course). You can check ecatomb for the weapon requirements to see which skills are disabled by the debuff. The debuff is the same one as the seeker Duelist's Glee + Arme Nier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It doesn't bring down DB since you can cast DB unarmed (though it will have **** damage of course). You can check ecatomb for the weapon requirements to see which skills are disabled by the debuff. The debuff is the same one as the seeker Duelist's Glee + Arme Nier.

Damn forgot about that. But yea reducing the damage is still a good bonus imho.

Any clue on cancelling barrage or vortex Asty?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Any clue on cancelling barrage or vortex Asty?
    You can check ecatomb for the weapon requirements to see which skills are disabled by the debuff.

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:sweat

:P I don't trust that info, as the Morai Skills have kinda not followed the rules, often - which is why I asked!b:thanks
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    you cant barrage without a weapon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I just tested it on an archer and a seeker, Both of them get knocked out of BoA and Vortex, so it could prove usefull...On my server Archers tend to BoA spawn point in TW, now I can just say NO!
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I just tested it on an archer and a seeker, Both of them get knocked out of BoA and Vortex, so it could prove usefull...On my server Archers tend to BoA spawn point in TW, now I can just say NO!

A Fac Mate just got this yesterday, Im gonna brain him if he sold it. This is sooooo worth it now.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    A Fac Mate just got this yesterday, Im gonna brain him if he sold it. This is sooooo worth it now.

If we were on the server, I ironically saw another person selling it, and...*points to forum title* you'd have it by now...
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ...being an axe BM I always use my axe, I can still drop an HF or any axe skills....

I was wrong, it just wasn't greying out the skills, they are unusable unless you can use them unarmed. Same applies for the targets as well...
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If we were on the server, I ironically saw another person selling it, and...*points to forum title* you'd have it by now...

Well he got quotes of 60m for it...it's worth 30m tops to me as Im throwing everything I have at the refines sale atm. So I guess I'll wait unless something amazing happens Merching wise :)

Unless you want to, I planned to do the same tests I usually do on new skills with a Fac mate, testing it through all the different pots and skills that are used to resist effects and the like. Just need the damn skill.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well he got quotes of 60m for it...it's worth 30m tops to me as Im throwing everything I have at the refines sale atm. So I guess I'll wait unless something amazing happens Merching wise :)

Unless you want to, I planned to do the same tests I usually do on new skills with a Fac mate, testing it through all the different pots and skills that are used to resist effects and the like. Just need the damn skill.

Hadn't thought of pots and immunity...I'll see if I can test it tonight
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Hadn't thought of pots and immunity...I'll see if I can test it tonight

Vac, IG/Sutra/Base Sutra, Shadow Binder, Will of the Bodhisattva.

Soul of Retalliation kiiiinda doesn't matter as it already affects you.

Although I dont think it would be worth the time, see if a seeker can QPQ it.

Tidal protection may take forever to test, but may be worth a look.

I feel like I'm forgetting something else I'd test.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Vac, IG/Sutra/Base Sutra, Shadow Binder, Will of the Bodhisattva.

Soul of Retalliation kiiiinda doesn't matter as it already affects you.

Tidal protection may take forever to test, but may be worth a look.

I feel like I'm forgetting something else I'd test.

faith would be something worth checking (perhaps)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

I can confirm that seekers are unable to QPQ it, and if this works the same way as the Arme Nier/Duelist's Glee debuff then it should b pretty awesome against barbs in TW. b:victory
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • Jennypie - Dreamweaver
    Jennypie - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So I just got the skill from aeu. People on Dreamweaver are selling it for 12m - 20m. I'm thinking it's a fantastic skill for TW. I'm not really wanting to sell it out of faction right now.... but a guy is offering 20m for it. I love that you can cancel BoA and Vortex, that would be awesome for when ppl set up their Boa on the crystal. This skill would've been awesome years ago!!!!!
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So I just got the skill from aeu. People on Dreamweaver are selling it for 12m - 20m. I'm thinking it's a fantastic skill for TW. I'm not really wanting to sell it out of faction right now.... but a guy is offering 20m for it. I love that you can cancel BoA and Vortex, that would be awesome for when ppl set up their Boa on the crystal. This skill would've been awesome years ago!!!!!

Well single target wise, this is a waste of chi - just use reel in. Multi target yea, this is hot. Ofc if Reel in is in CD...

I still havent found it, eventually I will.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Alright, this is something to look forward to buying. Since my SF level is **** (unless my friend lends me his +12 fist to reel someone in) and i rather take the 100% chance to take someone out of BoA/Vortex.

Legit
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW