Servers Merge

FateBlade - Lost City
FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Suggestion Box
What you think about servers merge? At these days, not many people are playing, low level spots is empty, TW is not 80vs80 anymore (40vs40 etc). Not many PK, Wars and etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by FateBlade - Lost City on

Comments

• ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    what You Think About Servers Merge? No. At These Days, Not Many People Are Playing I disagree, Low Level Spots Is Empty Cuz Of Hyper Exp And Fc, Tw Is Not 80vs80 Anymore (40vs40 Etc) then You Should Lead Ur Guild Better. Not Many Pk, Wars And Etc. carebears?
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Must be in a lower tier faction if it's 40 vs. 40...
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Think the Europeans servers really need it.
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Every time servers merge on a game I'm playing, some of the names of my characters get changed, and I'm forced to delete them and/or leave the game because of it(OCD ftl)

I would not like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    40v40 TWs? That must suck.. =O I don't think its nearly as bad in population as you seem to think it is... at least not on my server it is very much thriving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited June 2012
    , TW is not 80vs80 anymore (40vs40 etc).

Small Tw's is also down to the map reset, player's don't need to belong to one of the top faction's to get fun Tw's anymore.
    Rather than before and people were in 3 or 4 factions now they are spread around 8-10+
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'd welcome the merges if they're done right (not too hopeful on that part), if only to see the upset it would create with the influx of new high-end guilds/players~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2012
    It's been asked, and asked and asked.

And if the OP had bothered to search before posting, they would have found the answer....

NO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so..your al ltelling me....you want x4 the amount of catshops in arch now?Hell i dont care about the other servers,i think if a server is low and cant produce..kill it.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    New server coming with next expansion. b:thanks
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWI name databases are set so they can merge a few servers if needed.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Server merge not going to happen b:cute
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Life in QQme must really suck.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not likely too happen (Not Yet Anyways!) Its still just lively enough now, for it not to be needed yet, so far.......b:lipcurl

But if they did eventually do it, they'd better atleast allow lots of people to rename their chari's (and even some Guild Names) so they don't end up being forced to loose them, just because someone had used the names (Originally) earlier, then the others did on another server.....b:embarrass

Plus... They should also expand the available character slots (Per Server) to say Double (Aka.16 slots) or atleast to have 1 slot (per class) available "Reasons: many of us like me Have Characters all over the servers on 1 account (I have 13 chari's on {3 servers} for example (All on 1 Account))" And it would only end up 'Pissing me off to No End! "To say the least__(b:chuckle)" if I found that I was Being Absolutely forced to loose '3 of my characters' (Which I'd spent so much (Time, Effort & Money on) that I'd wanna keep just as much as (My mains) on the {Primary Server} that I play" I'd be a tad bit annoyed to say the least....... And you could even Raise that another Amplitude of rage, if I wasn't allowed to swap over their (Equipment/Coin and Etc.) too my remaining characters, either........b:infuriated

I'd even go as far as to say that {PWE} should also Give you (Fully Stashable) 'SP & EXP CUBES!'.... That would each give you (Each of your old 'DELETED Characters~Accrued 'EXP & SP' Point Amounts!) that you could use too (feed too & level up) your Remaining Characters, that would be leftover from the merger... To be used, As you see fit to use them........

But as I said.. Its still a little ways off, B4 a {Servers merger} will truely become Necessary yet.......
    b:thanks
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I support server mergers, its true theres not enough players for even server events on few most populated, let alone 80 in TW, we had a point before and now on 'rich mans server' HT where as 1 strong guild that always has 80 r9s, simply has no competition, and they go on without a TW for many months.

About overpopulation etc, too many cat shops etc
    - thats imposible for any non China server, since I have char on China PW, thers over 85 servers and every one is as populated as 4 servers of PWI, theres 10 times more catshops, 10 times more spots where ppl put catshops (like at south teleporter theres more shops then in west arch) etc.. and also there is 15 guilds on the map and they all have 80. Game is much more fun

thats all :) RAWR
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • omgihateyou
    omgihateyou Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would really love a server merge, A lot of people to do bh with , full cities, more people moving gold / coins etc .. b:victory
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would really love a server merge, A lot of people to do bh with , full cities, more people moving gold / coins etc .. b:victory

The server I'm on is over stuffed.
  • \_Ima_Him_/ - Raging Tide
    \_Ima_Him_/ - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you think your US based server has a small population, just have a walk around Arch on the french Lothranis server. I believe the german Momaganon has the same problem too. These are first options for merging and apparently that isn't going to happen, so you have no chance withh the US based servers.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Must be in a lower tier faction if it's 40 vs. 40...

Archo has 1-2 factions that can field 80 ppl, maybe 3 but I`m seriously doubtful of that. But nobody fields a full 80 of 100+ ppl, discounting competive gear completely. Archo needs a merge or will die rest of the way.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    EU servers? you mean French and German servers. If you are not one of either, you won't be welcome by many of the players that are from one of those countries. They dare to tell you to speak in their language as well. Just kill the servers and be done with it. It isnt like people there are kind enough to let others play in the first place. Why would thinks change if they merge the servers? Nothing at all. Just more discrimination and bsht. Let them have their server with so few people, if they know how to behave they are welcome to join other servers i'd say. b:victory
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    _Ultima_ - Lothranis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    would be awesome to just merge fr and de server into just one EN server... and promote EN server to get more EN speaking playerbase (that is i think 95% of current pwi playerbase)
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE will let the game die before merging servers. They've already stated as much.

By the time they do merge servers if they actually do, it'll already be far too late.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i would like a server merge, cause the servers are REALLY low crowded

every second char is an alt and pvp happens not that much as it did 1-2 years ago

but i also doubt that this will ever happen

before they merge a server, they sell Account Server Transfer Stone for 50 Gold or more
  • dakymashinaaa
    dakymashinaaa Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i mean need merge all servers if have 12 servers its 6 at end .. + create new server and its 7 servers :)
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i mean need merge all servers if have 12 servers its 6 at end .. + create new server and its 7 servers :)

I'm lost here. Why merge servers to make them more active, then create a new server that would be inactive?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2012
    In either case, it won't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWI name databases are set so they can merge a few servers if needed.

^ this

and it would be awesome to have a merge:
    more tier 1 factions
    TW/PK is going to be Server vs Server oriented at least for the first months
    more TW fun for non-rank factions (T3/T4 factions)
    and a lot more ppl to do stuff with
    plus...watching that e-peen fights between player to prove they are really good lolz
    way more drama/trolling/qqing

it would be epic
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    During this x2 no one in Archosaur server was around, I really noticed the decline in players.
    So yea I would love a server merge b:victory
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I noticed a lack of FC +90 which means all those alts where just nirving :(

I'm afraid low levels players can't afford to fast level, and they feel a bit lonely, but, oh well!

I still lack this game a lot =) and I think it rocks!