Something I've been wondering.

ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
You know how Frankie said something about improving stuff for the player base etc etc corny stuff etc etc.

Well, I've been wondering something for a while. Why is it that this game as one of the few MMORPG's that has so many players somehow does not provide a way to check your kill counts unless you're on the ranking?

We used to be able to check our kills per character on our core connect or profile or w/e it's called now. This is something that should be so easily implemented and even if it's such a small change it would be rather interesting and fun to have back.

I mean unless I'm completely wrong and I can somehow check my own kill count somewhere like I used to, I see no reason why it was taken away and never brought back?
Was it ever explained? Was there ever an update about it? Any particular reason why a game with such a massive player base doesn't have this most simplest of things that most MMORPG's have?

I know this probably will never get a GM response while other more senseless topics get GM responses they seem to be avoiding responding to anything else.
You guys or rather frankie posted about creating a better environment for the remaining player base (I'm talking about people who play, not those that "post on forums because I'm bored/at work/at school" kind of people).

PWI has to face it, the line-up for the upcoming MMORPG's to be released between now and 2013 every single one of them outshines PWI with game engine, game play, content and graphics.
So I really don't understand why you guys shouldn't at least humor us with these little things or at least let us know WHY we don't have it anymore.

So, plix plox can we have it back? Or at the very least know why we don't have it anymore? b:cute
Post edited by ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• marshbre
    marshbre Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why would they do anything for players? From *age pf spirit* expansion game lag like **** , i think that PWE games are only that lag of all mmos i played....game become pay to win\content is boring and not even worth doin it\glitches aint fixed etc etc and after all this years no one actually quited huh, so they prolly think who care for this fools we dont need to do anything with game and babies will QQ as they always do but still pay and play.

lol and when i talk with friends or random ppls from HT they all say same thing *man but i already spend xxyyy dolars* rofl , which is even more retarted but...

Edit@

Good example for normal community is Allods player base, Allods team tried to do same what PWE did with PWI so after couple months game being launched ,they had so dam huge player base but after some short time like month\two devs keep doin their shet and ignore player base so players did massive quit ,which is pretty much normal ...than after couple more months game being pretty much empty they roll back shet they did and now their game is on ok balance ,like PW b4 aps\fishes so pay users have some advantage but nothing OP compared with farmers.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why do so many people make the topic of the thread "so i been thinking" or "im wondering"
    or "something i thought of"

unless the topic is that you are able to wonder, or that you realized you are able to think, lets try to make the topic of a thread what the topic of the thread is.

on the unmentioned topic, i would like to see my kill count too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2012
    The kill count was removed because the data was not being extracted properly from the database and the counts were incorrect.

So they were taken down until the could be fixed.
    Supposedly it is fixed for the rankings now, but they don't show the actual kill counts.

Personally the kill counts are worthless now, as are the rankings because of people abusing the bug in SP. It should all just be reset to 0, or not even displayed at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If kill count was important, PW would have just sold them in the boutique.

+550 kills for 5 gold is a nice ego booster.b:victory

Joking aside, kill counts are non-factor now, just think about it really...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I used to send in a ticket requesting it, before when they had just one ranking list per server.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • tamakoshinobu
    tamakoshinobu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thats something I've been wondering about too o.O thank you! b:chuckle
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    O look a necro. Inb4 closed for necro.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    O look a necro. Inb4 closed for necro.

A baby necro too b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bring back kill counts.

I only PK in Twar, and i'm extremely interested in how many twar kills ive had.

Surely it cant be that hard to implement, other games seem to manage it just fine.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bring back kill counts.

I only PK in Twar, and i'm extremely interested in how many twar kills ive had.

Surely it cant be that hard to implement, other games seem to manage it just fine.

The database information was VERY inaccurate when transfering over to Core Connect. It's why it was removed in the first place. If you want to stroke your epeen that bad go under rankings filter for your class server and pvp. If you're not on the list then work harder.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Rankings are also broke and not updating there are people int he ranking who have not played for at least a year or more. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I rather enjoy still being on the rankings for clerics in PK in DW, even though I haven't killed a soul in almost 1.5 years. I say leave it as it is :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The database information was VERY inaccurate when transfering over to Core Connect. It's why it was removed in the first place. If you want to stroke your epeen that bad go under rankings filter for your class server and pvp. If you're not on the list then work harder.

Hey here's an idea, fvk off.

Who said anything about core connect, the information as you say is in the database and could be displayed in any number of ways.

I'm just interested to know the number without having to send a ticket, its got nothing to do with stroking anything, twerp.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Excuse me sirs and madams, but if you really want a compromise then you are going to have to meet them half way. How about implementing a cash shop item that can tell you your pvp kills/rank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
This discussion has been closed.