Heeeelp Me!

Options
Vespin - Harshlands
Vespin - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Cleric
Ok so heres my thing.I play a cleric and I keep dying and I lose all my experience I was at 26% and I am down to Zero, can you other clerics out there please help me out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thx for the sig silvy =D
Post edited by Vespin - Harshlands on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    read the cleric guides
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Gotta tell us more info. What level are you? How have you stat your gear? Where are your trouble areas you die in? What's your gear like?

I can tell you to get the level 100 skill that stops you from losing any exp, ever, but I doubt you're that level and I don't trust avatar levels.

Best advice is buy a few mirages and refine your weapon and armor, and grind with a friend. If you are low level save your quests and turning in a bunch at once should just level you and you won't lose exp past 0% of your current level. You can also get a mystic friend to buff you since their rez makes you lose less exp.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Two words: Heal yourself.

I know it may sound dumbly obvious, but I lost count on how many clerics I've seen die while killing a mob because they are more focused on going pew pew than watch their HP bar and forguet how squishy they are, specially on the low levels where you face mostly physical melee monsters.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ok I am level 33 and I got Blessed top and the blue-Green Pants and normal mystique gloves and boots I working toward a better weapon but it takes alot of materials I am trying to Shard my gear with HP and Physical Defense so yah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Don't shard for hp, shard for pdef.

If you're a pure build, you shouldn't have any trouble killing your mobs before they can even touch you. This includes the archer mobs.
    For bosses and such, get help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ok thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I was wonderin what was the best weapon for level 34 I was thinking about the Sage's Pestle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The best weapons for low levels atm are the Legendary weapons you can trade for divine orders when doing the blue/purple Divine contract quests.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Where do you get the divine order contracts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    There's a quest to get it from General Summer, I forgot what level it is but it's pretty low - I think 20?

And you can go to the Divine Emissary NPCs in South Arch to get your daily quest. After you hit lv40, every BHI you turn in rewards you with an item to pick up those daily quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    There's a quest to get it from General Summer, I forgot what level it is but it's pretty low - I think 20?

And you can go to the Divine Emissary NPCs in South Arch to get your daily quest. After you hit lv40, every BHI you turn in rewards you with an item to pick up those daily quests.

It's actually level 50 bh that starts the divine order of the shadows IIRC.

@OP Indeed can pick up the divine order of light from General summer. The first one is free but afterwards you have to pay coin if you accidentally NPC it so don't lose it. If you haven't already been doing them then chances are you won't get enough orders before hitting level 40 to get your free wand. So I suggest saving the honors you get from doing purple quests for a wheel of fate, which you can get at level 40. For now just get a good NPC weapon from the ah or craft one yourself.

edit: there are also emmisaries of light in Plume, Lost, etc so you don't have to travel to archo if you're in one of those towns to pickup your daily. Starting with level when you get them from the BHs you will have to do so but by then everything you need is in archo anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I can tell you to get the level 100 skill that stops you from losing any exp, ever, but I doubt you're that level and I don't trust avatar levels.

Actually the no exp loss passive can be learned at 95. Not that it matters since it takes less time to get from 95 to 100 than it does to get any of those skills. .-.

@OP Since you got the arcane pants from the fb29 quest reward I feel the need to suggest pdef ornaments rather than elemental ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Are you using Jones's Blessing?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I dont have Jone's Blessing but I do have all pdef ornaments and belts I gettin my Bro to make me a weapon the Sage's Pestle or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    oh and I going to shard with pdef if i have the money(I am broke)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You can use jones's blessing while solo grinding to give yourself an easier time, but when you start doing stuff in squads later on, use o'malley's since attack lvls do nothing for heals as I'm sure you already know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Don't worry too much about shards. At that level, you are switching out gear too often to make the cost worth it.

In fact, as long as your gear is decent and up to date, I wouldn't worry much about it at all. Again, you're switching it too often to get the best stuff every time.

My best advice is to use Ironheart on yourself while fighting. It keeps your hp up so you can take your time pewpewing just about anything. Because of ours heals, clerics are capable of soloing a number of dungeons and minibosses. It's just a matter of using your skills correctly.

Check the stickies at the top of the page for tips, and join a faction that is friendly and willing to help new players, so you can take out bosses and dungeons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    At your level don't bother shard, it's a waste of time and money, just try to use the purple gears mobs/boss drop and it gonna be enough 'til lvl 70. Than at lvl 70+ you can use molds which are cheap and easy to get and do a good job 'til lvl 90+.

Be sure you place your points, cause if you forgot to do it that can explain why you don't kill the mobs enough fast before they hit you. (Press ''C'' in game to see your character info.)

Check if you did your cultivation to be able to level yours actual skills and get new skills too.

If your brother can make you stuff he should try to do the low lvl molds, they are cheap and good, but normally before lvl 60-70 people don't waste time money and gears cause its easy to level and the gears become fast useless.

Normally if you have enough magic mobs should be easy and fast to kill, also in the supply stash you should get a weapon, i'm not sure at which lvl exactly i think its a lvl 10 and 20, the weapon is good for a few days but normally people lvl enough fast to get a new weapon.

For weapon i'll say use wheel of fate (you can use at lvl 43), than after that wait at lvl 60 to use the TT60 weapon ancient arbor, after that TT70 or molds etc til yu get the end game weapon you want.

When i lvled my cleric jone's blessing wasn't existing, i was using purple gears mobs/boss drop and that was fine, i started farm stuff at lvl 60-70+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My answer would be adding more vitality. From what you said (lost 26% exp) I see you need more HP :)

- A vit cleric.
    Insanity b:thanks