SoT boss glitch?

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Today I was having a hard time with an awesome squad in SoT. After our LA clawbarb fall because he couldn't handle captivation's DoT, he did one shot me. But I did notice I didn't lose my chi and I was still buffed, does it happen even time?

6 tries later the barb leaves the squad, letting us get another barb, this time the boss didn't spam his phy. defence buff, does anyone know why?
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Today I was having a hard time with an awesome squad in SoT. After our LA clawbarb fall because he couldn't handle captivation's DoT, he did one shot me. But I did notice I didn't lose my chi and I was still buffed, does it happen even time?

6 tries later the barb leaves the squad, letting us get another barb, this time the boss didn't spam his phy. defence buff, does anyone know why?

Here is why. The Clawbarb was APSing it so doing **** damage which means he was getting crappy hp back from bloodpaint. that and the DoT deals more based on hp and physical defense.
    K. So after doing some testing I've come to a few conclusions to help make the new BH's more smoother.

Recommendations.

Tank - Basicly Anything with a High amount of HP and pdef as it reduces the bleed damage received. This includes but not limited to. Barb / Bm in Pmarrow using AXES / r9 toon with high defense/hp.

Archer - Archers can safely pull these two bosses without receiving the "1 hit" bleed DoT. You have to attack it from outside their initial AoE attack radius (32 meters). That means if you're demon use galvanic charge/aura first(Sage is already outside radius at max range.) They also have that nice little skill called Sharptooth Arrow (which can reduce the maximum hp of the target from 16~20%) which can cut the fight down quite a bit. If no archer is available use a mystic/veno pet to be the sacrifice for the 1 shot hit.

Veno - For those lower DPS squads who can't always kill the boss fast enough. Venos can help with amps and purging the heal buff. They also have that nice little ability to share sparks they can toss it to the tank or whoever to help them spark off a bleed or w/e.

Casters - These badass arcane classes can always keep putting out damage even with those boss buffs as those only affect melee auto attack damage.

Cleric - Stop using Bluebubble and being lazy. The Bleed isn't reduced by BB and can kill squads. Stick to IH purify and chromatic and pay attention to your squadmates health bar and status ailments.

Sin - Now before we go into the OMG hah you need a sin! You really don't this is a list of reasons why to take certain classes. You don't HAVE to get everything on this list. Sins get a few nice skills that can help out. Ribstrike reduces the attack speed of the boss. That means if the tank isn't the most powerful option you have it makes it a little easier on the cleric (so they don't enter omg they are dieing panic mode and do stupid things like not paying attention to their own health or others) / persons charm if the boss isn't attacking as fast in addition to the bleed dot. They also have bloodpaint which can help the melee users recover a tiny bit more hp while using skills and what not on the boss.

Now for the bosses themselves this requires the entire squad paying attention instead of macro command playing like they are used to.

SoT - This boss has a passive buff that boosts their pdef dramatically when receiving too many melee auto-attacks(APS). Melee users need to focus more on using skills then just auto attacking. (Sin's can use chill and skill spam, BM's I don't even need to say anything...) If you have a class that can purge (veno) purge the IH looking buff off of the boss. Yes sometimes the Buff can come back faster then the cooldown but every little bit can help. Try to time amps together this will help overcome the buffs etc. (Let's say the 3 or 4 DD classes all have their 3 sparks ready. rather then have each one just randomly popping it when they have it wait until everyone can use it then have everyone's damage amplified by different things such as Extreme poison / heavens flame / amplify damage / subsea strike / etc it'll drastically make the BH fight go faster.)

Abba - This boss has an active buff that increases their damage output they will do based on incoming damage. When you see the 2 buffs pop up stop attacking entirely. Bm's this is where you can use your MSS / Barbs can frighten / other skills to reduce physical damage output. That way the squad should pretty much be ok from being 1 shot from the boss (unless some moron is still auto attacking during this point in which case it helps reduce to try and help save the squad anyways)
    I looked up my test results I posted somewhere :

Synthetic results:
    -Sin with hp buff (12.5k roughly) with different buffs to change defenses :
    def : 5.4k => 12k bleed
    def : 8.8k => 9.7k bleed and 2.8k 2nd tick
    def : 12.3k => 7.8k bleed, 2.2k 2nd tick
    def : 12.7k (+10 def lvl) => 7.6k bleed, 2.1k 2nd tick (confirmed that as expected from a dot, def lvl doesn't matter)
    def : 12.6k => 6.2k bleed, 1.3k 2nd tick

-bm without hp buff, 10.5k hp
    def : 11.8k => 12.6k bleed (gotten obvious here)
    def : 24k (marrow, so mag def crushed) => 7.3k bleed

-relogged sin to get hp buff off, 9.3k hp
    def : 16.7k => bleed 12.2k

-for lolz, logged barb, 26k hp
    def : 14k => 2.5k bleed
    def : 18k => 1.8k bleed

Edit to add this little factor about HP /Pdef for the Bleed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sorry to say, but there are already tons of topics covering this, but here we go again :

Both, aba and seat boss (and also some in aeu) have a bleed attack that is cast on 1st aggro and the about every 20 sec. This bleed is EXTREMELY dependant on hp and a little on physical defence. On my sin, just having sage barb buff cuts the bleed damage in half. Roughly said, anyone with 15k+ hp will be able to tank while the HA classes can with 10~15k hp also. Anyone below 10k hp seem to be 1shot. Since it's a bleed DoT, bb/sage spark/invoke won't reduce the damage.

The bleed is special in 2 ways. First, it comes with 150 chi. Second, it stays after you died. Don't revive to fast or you will die again. Since it stays, you notice the 150 chi when you get up.

For the hp reason, barbs are the best tanks. They can even tank the boss in just average tt90s. Unless you're unlucky to get a clawbarb that doesn't have the refines to support his own build. Basically, your barb was fail. The defence self buff of the boss makes clawbarbs not so great and with the bleed they are better off in tigerform. In other words, he didn't know what he was doing and made squad fail 6 times in a row.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ^
    l
    l
    l

What they said. Though after, has it been a month now?, I'm amazed that people still can't figure out that having an APS tank on an anti-aps boss is bad. If the squad is op enough to kill it in 1 spark it doesn't matter, if not then they need a balanced squad to take it on as Jen shows in her guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    After our LA clawbarb fall because he couldn't handle captivation's DoT,

b:scorn

Does Fuzzy even need to respond to the quote?
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    b:scorn

Does Fuzzy even need to respond to the quote?

b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    awesome squad.....LA clawbarb...couldn't handle captivation's DoT......6 tries later....

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong. Can you tell which thing is not like the other before I finish my song?

Just joking. :P Read Kawaiijen's guide, it will help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited June 2012
    Options
    One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong. Can you tell which thing is not like the other before I finish my song?

Just joking. :P Read Kawaiijen's guide, it will help.

one of these things is not like the other one of these things had sex with your mother one of these things just doesnt belong one of these things has a giant schl0ng
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    one of these things is not like the other one of these things had sex with your mother one of these things just doesnt belong one of these things has a giant schl0ng

Nope! Not even close. But thank you for playing! The good news is you've won a car! The bad new is, it's a zonk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The boss was trying to toss you a "get out of jail free" card, OP~
    Also, LA Claw-Barb? Just...no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Nope! Not even close. But thank you for playing! The good news is you've won a car! The bad new is, it's a zonk.

Love that show, and that was my version feel free to add it to your sig