Armor as Fashion

Options
Jeremied - Sanctuary
Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Suggestion Box
There are a few sets of really nice looking armor in this game, along with some rather ugly sets, and taking this idea from another game I play, I thought I would suggest it.

~Armor as fashion~

It would simply be applying the armor's mesh in the fashion slot, it would forego all needed stats (except level requirement so you don't see lowbies running around in nirvana gear) on the armor and give no stat boosts or anything, it would simply be using the mesh for aesthetic purposes, like a piece of fashion.

It would not make it harder to check people's gears, since it'd be just like the current fashion system (which already hides your armor) and their real gear could just as easily be seen in the Character info window, with the "fashion" armor in the fash slots at the bottom.

This would also finally make it possible to wear head fash with an armor set.

Say, you love your lunar set but you think rank 9 is ugly? Can't find the right dye for that fashion set you have in your bank? Dump your lunar set in your fash slots, and you get all the benefits of wearing your r9 +12 with the looks of Lunar.

~~~~~~~~~

There's a couple of different ways this could be implemented.

1. Allow all armors to be equipped in the fashion slot, and while doing so reducing it to an aesthetic mesh and giving no boosts from the set while equipped in the fashion slot.

This option is my favorite, as it shouldn't be too hard to add, and when taken out of the fashion slot the armor retains all of it's previous stats (sockets/adds/shards) and can once again be used as armor.

2. Put an "Armor-to-Fash" stone in the boutique at a MODERATE PRICE. (which seems more likely to be done) b:sweat

It would work like a binding charm, permanently changing the armor into a fashion mesh with a level requirement, and it would purge the gear of all additive stats and render it useless as armor, even after being unequipped.

The second option would open up people to scams though, I can already see people trying to sell "fash" armor as the armor it was before the stone was added and people being dumb enough to fall for it.

The first option combats this by keeping the armor's stats unless equipped in the fashion slot, meaning that it's impossible to scam people by selling the armor as fash since it will retain all it's good stats.

~~~~~~~~~

b:thanks Thanks for reading. Let's hope I didn't just condemn this idea to die here in the Suggestion Box.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
"You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
Post edited by Jeremied - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ammieee
    ammieee Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Good thought, but how they are gonna make money that way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ammieee wrote: »

Well, armor isn't customizeable, and if they went the second route they wouldn't exactly lose money since people would need to buy the stone with gold and most people would probably stick to fash anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • ammieee
    ammieee Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    They won't lose money but they just want to make more and more money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i like the idea very much actually
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ammieee wrote: »

^ This logic, while pessimistic, rings true(I am the master of pessimism, take my word for it!).

This is a really great idea, in my eyes. Sometimes, armor looks really amazing, but some of the hair presets aren't so. I'd love to be able to wear my hairpieces with my armor and maybe a certain shirt with a certain armor part, etc.

Bad news time.

While the ideas might be the GREATEST thing to grace these suggestion forums, it falls on deaf ears. The only suggestion I've ever seen pass, as of late, has been the petition Kerona posted about putting more/nurse fashion into the cash shop. Surprise, surprise. It was a suggestion about the cash shop. Not a bad suggestion, but still involving PWI and money making.

There are so many good suggestions and no one to hear them. I wish I could say it was different, but no Admin or Dev has shown otherwise. b:sad

EDIT: I forgot to mention them pplz in China that control everything PWE does, concerning this game...
    too tired to elaborate, but I'm sure you've heard it before, somewhere.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ^ This logic, while pessimistic, rings true(I am the master of pessimism, take my word for it!).

This is a really great idea, in my eyes. Sometimes, armor looks really amazing, but some of the hair presets aren't so. I'd love to be able to wear my hairpieces with my armor and maybe a certain shirt with a certain armor part, etc.

Bad news time.

While the ideas might be the GREATEST thing to grace these suggestion forums, it falls on deaf ears. The only suggestion I've ever seen pass, as of late, has been the petition Kerona posted about putting more/nurse fashion into the cash shop. Surprise, surprise. It was a suggestion about the cash shop. Not a bad suggestion, but still involving PWI and money making.

There are so many good suggestions and no one to hear them. I wish I could say it was different, but no Admin or Dev has shown otherwise. b:sad

EDIT: I forgot to mention them pplz in China that control everything PWE does, concerning this game...
    too tired to elaborate, but I'm sure you've heard it before, somewhere.

any idea can make money for pwi. all they have to do is make it require item to do. and make the item expensive..lol
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.