can u guys get more hp?

the def lvl is so **** that you can get 3 shotsb:bye
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    the def lvl is so **** that you can get 3 shotsb:bye

This is true, Hp isnt everything so this would be much better

http://pwcalc.com/ee25e060b03447ba

See the attack levels and def lvls this will make you much more of "wall" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Your JoSD build takes has 89 def levels, takes 14% phys damage (reduces 86%) and takes 29% magic damage and has 33383 hp.

His vit build has 25 defense levels, takes 9% damage, takes 21% magic damage, and has 57528.

So he takes 36% less physical damage of what you take. He takes 27.5% less magic damage than you take. He has 172% more hp. He 64 less defense levels.

I wrote in a different thread that since vit is a multiplier that multiplies our defense and JoSDs have diminishing returns eventually the huge defense on our gear will become more valuable being multiplied then stacking def level after def level. This is an example of that.

OPs build would lose hp faster but he has alot more to lose and overall greater survivability. Bigger charm ticks, harder to heal, but also harder to kill.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i'd fap to a 56k+ hp arma (or whatever the hp is when: tiger > ToP > human > arma)b:cute

when you compare the 2 builds, they vary somewhat. But compare those builds to most other people in something like TW.... You might as well be a walking nuke, with or without the vit build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Your JoSD build takes has 89 def levels, takes 14% phys damage (reduces 86%) and takes 29% magic damage and has 33383 hp.

His vit build has 25 defense levels, takes 9% damage, takes 21% magic damage, and has 57528.

So he takes 36% less physical damage of what you take. He takes 27.5% less magic damage than you take. He has 172% more hp. He 64 less defense levels.

I wrote in a different thread that since vit is a multiplier that multiplies our defense and JoSDs have diminishing returns eventually the huge defense on our gear will become more valuable being multiplied then stacking def level after def level. This is an example of that.

OPs build would lose hp faster but he has alot more to lose and overall greater survivability. Bigger charm ticks, harder to heal, but also harder to kill.

But if stun locked by a group of sins, if one so happens to be 5aps with r9 dagger (r8 recast) he would be dead within a matter of seconds. As with the def lvls you would take a hell of a lot less dmg, even if zerked it wouldnt hit as much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    uisgfoeug wrote: »
    http://pwcalc.com/9837e26731cb1951

can u guys get more hp?

the new recast axe wasn't available when you did your calc, so i modified your axes with the new grade 16 nirvana recast mold unicorns tragedy

(i just left the axes you used because the calc doesn't have the recast weapons-- i realize the warfog axes can't have that much hp, but if they are reforged then you can get the 1050 hp)
    http://pwcalc.com/14ba6d2390b4c238 58,112 hp

unicorns tragedy dual axes http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34764

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    But if stun locked by a group of sins, if one so happens to be 5aps with r9 dagger (r8 recast) he would be dead within a matter of seconds. As with the def lvls you would take a hell of a lot less dmg, even if zerked it wouldnt hit as much.

Not sure we're on the same page.

Lets eliminate the opponents attack levels. Essentially 90% damage reduction (takes 10% damage) is about the same as 80% damage reduction (takes 20% damage) and 50 defense levels. One has a higher defense, one has more defense levels.

As the base defenses on our gear gets higher and higher the multiplier of vitality becomes more effective. As we near our peak damage reduction it takes more and more defense levels to equal defense resistance. For instance 80 to 81% = 5 defense levels. 90-91% is 10 def levels. 94 to 95% would be 17 def levels. Basically, diminished returns on defense levels towards endgame.

In the build above you are right that he is losing hp quicker, but not proportionally quicker. He has 172% the amount of hp the JoSD build has, but is only losing about 140% as much hp per hit, giving the OPs build more overall greater survivability prior to considering attack levels. Throw in attack levels and they'll be reasonably similar. Although, the JoSD barb is easier to heal.

Here is a post where WnbTank did an excellent job calculating effective health and comparing the builds. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331051
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Not sure we're on the same page.

Lets eliminate the opponents attack levels. Essentially 90% damage reduction (takes 10% damage) is about the same as 80% damage reduction (takes 20% damage) and 50 defense levels. One has a higher defense, one has more defense levels.

As the base defenses on our gear gets higher and higher the multiplier of vitality becomes more effective. As we near our peak damage reduction it takes more and more defense levels to equal defense resistance. For instance 80 to 81% = 5 defense levels. 90-91% is 10 def levels. 94 to 95% would be 17 def levels. Basically, diminished returns on defense levels towards endgame.

In the build above you are right that he is losing hp quicker, but not proportionally quicker. He has 172% the amount of hp the JoSD build has, but is only losing about 140% as much hp per hit, giving the OPs build more overall greater survivability prior to considering attack levels. Throw in attack levels and they'll be reasonably similar. Although, the JoSD barb is easier to heal.

Here is a post where WnbTank did an excellent job calculating effective health and comparing the builds. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331051

Thank you on that, all in all vit can be better for certain situations but JosD can also be better then vit it just depends on what is going on in the current time frame. Thank you for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wouldnt the best gear for TW be 3rd stage r9 with JoSD warsong and cube ornaments and r8 recast weapon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin