An LOL at Sins dying in BH Metal

Options
tweakz
tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Greater than 9 out of 10 of them in my experience wasted all their armor sockets on citrines. -lol!

(1)They die. They come rushing back while squad holds boss for them; right into his AoE and 1 hit die again! -lol!

One of them told me while making the squad we'd be fine without a barb. I got the Barb anyway, and just before boss they say they're going to use CotD to avoid aggro. -That's when I realized how stupid this Assassin was. I didn't feel bad when (1) happened to them and they missed the kill. The barb was competent: Devour, Sage Roar, Frighten, etc. -lol!

Do they think that fail cleric with the high vit and G13 Morai weapon is going to heal their high hp/ low def sufficiently or something? -lol!

I seriously suggest we should stop risking our own kill (as boss gets tougher over time), and time to wait for these lol fail Assassins that most likely let the dinos AoE left and right on the way to the boss. The cleric's with the Morai weapons; they're another lol too.

Share your lol moments of them, or tantrum because you are one. -idc: imma just lol at you anyway.
Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
Post edited by tweakz on

Comments

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i havent had anything liek that going on with my sin but then again i arent as dumb either lol.have seen plenty of the non buffed peeps rushin in on the boss(mostly sins) thoughb:laugh

but also u still dont need a barb for the bh...hell did it without a bm too..ijs.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Greater than 9 out of 10 of them in my experience wasted all their armor sockets on citrines. -lol!

Wait, what? If you're talking about Flawless/Immaculate/Perfect Citrine, that's because they're cheap. Citrines are the ideal choice for shards as all the defense in the world cannot save you if your life sucks.

Though yes, it does appear to be generally true that most sins focus on sharding and refining their weapon, leaving their armor with +2-4 refine and their ornaments at +2-3, while their weapon might be +10.

Then again I'm a Sage with 3.33 base aps (would be 5.0 if I were a Demon) and most of my gear at +6 and I don't like Snakefist.
    One of them told me while making the squad we'd be fine without a barb. I got the Barb anyway, and just before boss they say they're going to use CotD to avoid aggro. -That's when I realized how stupid this Assassin was. I didn't feel bad when (1) happened to them and they missed the kill. The barb was competent: Devour, Sage Roar, Frighten, etc. -lol!

A lot of people like to use CotD as their preferred aggro control as that would allow them to keep sparking and attacking. The other options would be only attacking periodically, which can get you killed at times, especially if you accidentally do get aggro, or using the actual skills. Of course, I would expect that most sins, being people's nirvana slaves, have very low levels in most of their skills, which would lead to lower DPS and thus being kinda dead weight.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I ADORE when fish die in bh Warsong.
    They want so much DD and aps but cannot handle to survive if get aggro.
    Its my guilty pleasure to see fishs die and even more when they don't get the bh cause people kill the boss without waiting. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I love it when a sin solo metal for me, without the need for a barb, cleric, or a veno. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    clerics that use morai weapons in squads where their primary role is healing are either stupid or mean, or dirt poor and spent all their money on hypers to get to 100 and be fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wait, what? If you're talking about Flawless/Immaculate/Perfect Citrine, that's because they're cheap. Citrines are the ideal choice for shards as all the defense in the world cannot save you if your life sucks.

-lol
    Then again I'm a Sage with 3.33 base aps (would be 5.0 if I were a Demon) and most of my gear at +6 and I don't like Snakefist.

-lol
    A lot of people like to use CotD as their preferred aggro control as that would allow them to keep sparking and attacking. The other options would be only attacking periodically, which can get you killed at times, especially if you accidentally do get aggro, or using the actual skills. Of course, I would expect that most sins, being people's nirvana slaves, have very low levels in most of their skills, which would lead to lower DPS and thus being kinda dead weight.

-lol

I had to check to see if you wrote any of the sticky guides in their forum.

It's not the hyper noobs that is the problem. -Some people just wont learn. *Goes to sell citrines while sins still want them -wait.. they always will*

To some of their credit; I do see a rare sin show up with a lunar ring once in a while. I borrow one off my Barb when I go. Lunar rings are dirt cheap lately, but you guys go with Sky Covers and such. -lol After all: who needs mdef on LA gear? -that one shot they got when they got back wasn't mag; otherwise the wiz, cleric, and mystic standing there would be dead! (sarcasm).

It's not for a matter of funds that sins are dying their either. One had half the rank 9 with 9k hp and died very early on in the battle.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    who needs a lunar ring..mine dont.I had 2 lol and sold them..why..its pve thats why.b:chuckle
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

b:pleased I am happy I don't go all hp shards on my sin.
  • AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide
    AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    My sins decently geared around 9.5k HP Do I die on Snakefist, first time yep. Until I figured out the changes and adjusted playing style even swapping out daggers to avoid taking aggro from the barb. Game changes so play style needs to do the same b:bye
  • tweakz
    edited May 2012
    Options
    who needs a lunar ring..mine dont.I had 2 lol and sold them..why..its pve thats why.b:chuckle

The ones that say things like this:

"and I don't like Snakefist." b:chuckle
    My sins decently geared around 9.5k HP Do I die on Snakefist, first time yep. Until I figured out the changes and adjusted playing style even swapping out daggers to avoid taking aggro from the barb. Game changes so play style needs to do the same b:bye

Not crazy about carrying under geared toons through BH's, but it's not just sins getting away with imposing their shortcomings on their squad.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    theres 2 sides to the HP vs DEF argument.

on one hand, sharding fully garnets on a cleric (for example) would result in nice pdef gain and approximately the same effective health against physical attacks as they would have had if they used the same grade of citrines. The upside to sharding with the citrines is that it gives you extra survival against both magical and physical attack. In other words, for overall survival: citrine > sapphires and garnets.

on the other hand, having extra defenses will make your blood paint and other heals more effective. this is due to the fact that you are now taking less damage per hit.

therefore, defense is more effective than raw hp.

with that out of the way, it sounds as though you are saying they should be sharding with sapphires instead. While this may be highly beneficial on the tw/pk field - i find it somewhat unnecessary for sins to have in pve. LA already has higher base magical defense than HA has, and i might get hit for about 4k-ish magically at the high end. That hit would be less on a sin, but the physical attacks would hit them harder than it would hit a barb. Therefore, it is my own personal opinion they should work towards more pdef by refining high grade rings and their HA orns they use for interval. refining to +4 at least and sharding with immac citrines, with enough base defenses from refining their orns, should be enough to tank snake safely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • tweakz
    edited May 2012
    Options
    theres 2 sides to the HP vs DEF argument.

on one hand, sharding fully garnets on a cleric (for example) would result in nice pdef gain and approximately the same effective health against physical attacks as they would have had if they used the same grade of citrines. The upside to sharding with the citrines is that it gives you extra survival against both magical and physical attack. In other words, for overall survival: citrine > sapphires and garnets.

on the other hand, having extra defenses will make your blood paint and other heals more effective. this is due to the fact that you are now taking less damage per hit.

therefore, defense is more effective than raw hp.

with that out of the way, it sounds as though you are saying they should be sharding with sapphires instead. While this may be highly beneficial on the tw/pk field - i find it somewhat unnecessary for sins to have in pve. LA already has higher base magical defense than HA has, and i might get hit for about 4k-ish magically at the high end. That hit would be less on a sin, but the physical attacks would hit them harder than it would hit a barb. Therefore, it is my own personal opinion they should work towards more pdef by refining high grade rings and their HA orns they use for interval. refining to +4 at least and sharding with immac citrines, with enough base defenses from refining their orns, should be enough to tank snake safely.

You kinda got it, but successful on a budget sins know to get pdef from refining that neck and belt they got for the -int. They know to get HP from refining armor. That leaves mdef or atk to worry about. Sapphires are cheap. Lunar rings are cheap.

Btw, I'm pve only. I benefit greatly from the mere flawless sapphs I imbued in more than just Warsong. I used flawless because they're not going to be a big loss when time comes to replace with Gems and DoTs.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

Not crazy about carrying under geared toons through BH's, but it's not just sins getting away with imposing their shortcomings on their squad.

Sounds like you have something against sins b:chuckle

And needless to say my sin is far from under geared. Unlike most my coin went into shards and refines first for armour and weapon last and with T3 Vana out I that's my new weapon goal. Sadly the market for endgame shards is out of control atm, or i'd be done sharding my helm. And a decent orb sale my armour refines would be doneb:bye
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    well lets take a look at rings for a second..

the coa rings add 100 physical attack, 7-8 on dex and vit, +3% critical. they refine for elemental resistances. At +6, these rings provide equivalent magic defenses to the sign of frost.

sign of frost gives 200 magical defense, 3% critical, 50% accuracy. They refine for physical defenses.

comparison:

CoA: costs less, adds more physical attack at base, adds hp and base defenses from vit, adds accuracy and evasion from dex. can be refined for magic defense.

Sign of Frost: instant gain in mdef, more accuracy, refines for pdef

sins already have high accuracy and dont necessarily need the accuracy mod on the lunar ring, esp if pve only (tangling mire and other pdef debuffs result in mob having no evasion). barbarians on the other hand can make great use of them especially if they pk. For sins and LA veno's I always recommend the CoA rings over the lunar ones. The extra stat points on them go a long way towards bettering your overall survival as well as damage output.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited May 2012
    Options

steals your unicorns, and burns them b:chuckle

keep the Vicious is awesome posts in RT forums b:chuckle

Not every sin is as OP geared as you or Vyt b:sad
  • Umikaa - Sanctuary
    Umikaa - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Shrugs, I've been tanking snakefist on my sin since r8 +5 daggers. If your having trouble and don't know what to do, look into apoth/genie skills/ur own sin (zomg, yes you have some) skills and you'll surely see some aids that you're overlooking that can help you overcome this boss.

And good for you if you tried and failed, keep trying. The majority of people laughing at you are probably worse players than you, as they hide behind basic DD toons, or run around on their clerics doing BB instances pretending they are pro. Sins have high damage and are op, but some of us also attempt things that the LOLers are to scared to even try on any toon.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sins have high damage and are op, but some of us also attempt things that the LOLers are to scared to even try on any toon.

This +1

The games meant to be fun a lot of people forget that. Someone doesn't understand something or know how something is done take the time to explain it.b:cute
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    well lets take a look at rings for a second..

the coa rings add 100 physical attack, 7-8 on dex and vit, +3% critical. they refine for elemental resistances. At +6, these rings provide equivalent magic defenses to the sign of frost.

sign of frost gives 200 magical defense, 3% critical, 50% accuracy. They refine for physical defenses.

comparison:

CoA: costs less, adds more physical attack at base, adds hp and base defenses from vit, adds accuracy and evasion from dex. can be refined for magic defense.

Sign of Frost: instant gain in mdef, more accuracy, refines for pdef

you neeed it to tank successfully
    most sins have at least one +10 lunar ring for a reason

tt99 lionheart ornaments just plain suck, they have low base pdef, they refine ****, they are ****
    so you need to get pdef somewhere, and the mdef is an extra bonis
    i kept my tt99 ornaments at a low refine of +6...because i dont think i get much out of refining them

i shard mostly citrine, with a few dot and im doing just fine on snake
    not holding back attack power, killing it fast is better >.>

another thing:
    ever heard of deaden nerves? dumbass assasins dying on the way back to the squad
    i like potato
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    you neeed it to tank successfully
    most sins have at least one +10 lunar ring for a reason

tt99 lionheart ornaments just plain suck, they have low base pdef, they refine ****, they are ****
    so you need to get pdef somewhere, and the mdef is an extra bonis
    i kept my tt99 ornaments at a low refine of +6...because i dont think i get much out of refining them

i shard mostly citrine, with a few dot and im doing just fine on snake
    not holding back attack power, killing it fast is better >.>

another thing:
    ever heard of deaden nerves? dumbass assasins dying on the way back to the squad

true the 99 golds suck compared to higher level orns. but correct me if I am wrong here... they aren't necessary in order to get to 3.33 base / 5.0 sparked as a demon. Therefore, drop them and use warsong/jungle belt and cube necklace.

secondly.. you're a wizard and therefore arcane armor. snake deals magic damage aoe. You don't have to be epic geared as a wiz to survive that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary
    AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i dont really understand this topic. my sin is not uber-geared and tanks snakefist easily. if there's a barb in my squad it just means i do a bit more damage and have a bit more hp. i dont need the barb to tank, and i dont need a barb's buffs to be able to tank myself. my armours are only +7, ornaments are +5. and i use a coa ring. it doesnt take great gear to do it, it doesnt even take a lot of skill. all it takes is bp, bb, and a nice squad to help you kill it fast.
    Name: AsMyliuTave
    Race: Winged Elf
    Class: Archer
    Spiritual Cultivation: Celestial Sage
    Level: 104-103-101
    Faction: Vindicate (Executor)
    Server: Sanctuary
    pwcalc.com/1c41e0adfdadd9f9
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    true the 99 golds suck compared to higher level orns. but correct me if I am wrong here... they aren't necessary in order to get to 3.33 base / 5.0 sparked as a demon. Therefore, drop them and use warsong/jungle belt and cube necklace.

Nope.

If you have all pieces of -interval plus a weapon with -0.1 total, you get 4.0 base.

Then again anything upwards of 3.33 is pretty much overkill. After all, cheze notoriously used 3.33 to solo Harpy Wraith. Not to mention that plenty of R9 sins seem to like swapping their Lionheart ornaments for a Cube Necklace and R9 belt whenever they could use the defenses.
    The ones that say things like this:

"and I don't like Snakefist."

... But I do have a +6 Sign of Frost: Chaos.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There's also a thing called def charms.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Used to hate that boss also until I got blood frenzy + pimped up my gear, makes things easier with that skill, but if you don't kill it in 20 seconds after boss goes into frenzy, it`s pretty much game over, nowadays an average sin has barely 5k hp, pathetic defense and almost no survivability when they get aggro and go poof. Also depends how fast a squad can kill the boss. with 2 BM`s should go fast and boss dies without going into frenzy.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    but if you don't kill it in 20 seconds after boss goes into frenzy,

Uninstall.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Uninstall.

1 shoted !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1 shoted !

Hush noob-wiz. Don't make me sick a certain someone on you. b:victory
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Uninstall.
    1 shoted !
    Hush noob-wiz. Don't make me sick a certain someone on you. b:victory

It's love!b:heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sounds like the OP is butthurt about sins...