Demon cragglord (QQ thread)

Options
Blossorn - Lost City
Blossorn - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Mystic
hey fellow demon mystics!!!!

this is time for us to start a BIG QQ thread about us spending over 7M+ for getting demon craggy book+2M for learning for being able to (AOMETIMES) cast with just 1 spark...
ive casted it over 100times now (PROVED and TESTED) and it ALWAYS cost 2sparks to cast.

Does someone has seen this?

BTW this is frustrating cause demon cragglord DOES NOT have better raw stats than lv 10 one, and even it doesnt have the 1/2 sparks effect? WTF!!

ok now, START the QQ party!!!!
b:angryb:cryb:angry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fist i started a Cleric :lv 20 2008
2nd a Veno: lv 81 2009
3rd an Assassin: lv 91 (****) 2010
4th o.0 Assassin: lv 101 (cool)
5th Mystic FTW b:dirty
Post edited by Blossorn - Lost City on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I never use Cragglord so I didn't even learn the book despite having opened at least 10 or so of them while trying to get demon thicket. All but two have been sold for 20-25m ea though. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I never use Cragglord so I didn't even learn the book despite having opened at least 10 or so of them while trying to get demon thicket. All but two have been sold for 20-25m ea though. b:chuckle

For real? He's pretty much a staple for full Delta...ijs. He rocks socks in Caster's Nirvana. He was the last pet I learned to use, but I can't imagine NOT having him.

Maybe if all I did was PK...*shrugs* Idk, but you really should save one for yourself, Eoria. b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    For real? He's pretty much a staple for full Delta...ijs. He rocks socks in Caster's Nirvana. He was the last pet I learned to use, but I can't imagine NOT having him.

Maybe if all I did was PK...*shrugs* Idk, but you really should save one for yourself, Eoria. b:victory

This is the thing: all I do on my mystic is PVP. My Cragglord is still level 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I agree with Eo. I could easily imagine not having him, but he does have his uses. Thicket is almost always the better investment of sparks though, especially demon version which I've yet to get. qq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    QQ your post hurt my eyes, so I find it funny. b:laugh
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I agree with Eoria and Volt i almost never use it too.
    If i get a book lvl 11 for him i will probably learn it but its the one i use the less, i prefer use my spark on thicket than cragg.
    You maybe just got unlucky and always got the 75% chance to cost 2 sparks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Cragg is only useful in Delta. I never use him on BH runs, normal grinding or Caster Nirvana. I may be wrong but I personally find Cragg to be completely useless in Caster Nirvana, his normal attacks deal physical damage right? Totally useless for the bosses, the 2 skills do decent enough damage but instead of messing around with those I could be dealing more damage with normal attacks. Thicket is a better use of sparks for Caster Nirvana in my opinion, especially when you have a squad that actually debuffs/amps and have Invigorate or just triple spark for damage.

If it wasn't there I wouldn't care, I doubt I'll waste my time/coin looking for a sage version either.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Here's how a 'chance to save 1 spark' works:

You cast, game rolls the dice.
    You get lucky: You get 1 spark. AFTER that it takes 2 sparks

So when you cast at full chi, you'll always lose 2 sparks, because the spark you get before that is wasted (you're full)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cragg is only useful in Delta. I never use him on BH runs, normal grinding or Caster Nirvana. I may be wrong but I personally find Cragg to be completely useless in Caster Nirvana, his normal attacks deal physical damage right? Totally useless for the bosses, the 2 skills do decent enough damage but instead of messing around with those I could be dealing more damage with normal attacks. Thicket is a better use of sparks for Caster Nirvana in my opinion, especially when you have a squad that actually debuffs/amps and have Invigorate or just triple spark for damage.

If it wasn't there I wouldn't care, I doubt I'll waste my time/coin looking for a sage version either.

Actually, he's fire damage, and he does great in Caster's. If you ever tried it you would know right away he's hardly useless in Casters.

He is really only worth the waste of Chi in Delta though. Im not going to blow out my genies stamina to keep him ready in Casters, but I do use him when I feel the squad is taking too long on a boss. b:pleased

I grabbed this quote from PWIpedia, in regard to PvP -

A mystic's single best PvP skill is probably Cragglord, due to it's immense damage. Cragglord can take almost any class out within a few hits, which also helps since even the sage version only lasts 23 seconds.

I cant say I really agree with using any pet in PvP, just because of the time wasted to summon & heal it up then proceed to attack. I feel I could easily be 1-shot in that time frame, but it seems at least some Mystics wouldn't agree with us on his usefulness there. b:thanks
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    No, cragg is sht in caster vana. If you actually read the description of his skills, only the conal aoe one does fire dmg, while the self-centered one is physical. And pretty sure Melvin was referring to his melee auto attacks.

And that quote from the wiki should be one reason right there to tell you those pages are made by people who often don't know wtf they're talking about. Cragg's slow movement speed means anyone could easily just kite him, stun him, or kill him before he gets to do anything. The only time I'll ever use him in PvP is in super long fights where it's basically a staring game and neither of us can kill each other which ahs only ever happened once. Thicket is always the better option.

@MrMelvin Does invigorate actually affect thicket? oo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I will laugh at any mystic seriously using Cragg in PVP. Use two sparks only for the pet to die in like two seconds and deal minimal if any damage vs. use two sparks to AOE freeze/seal, probably charm tick, and possibly dg if it's demon version? Second option always.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited May 2012
    Options
    No, cragg is sht in caster vana. If you actually read the description of his skills, only the conal aoe one does fire dmg, while the self-centered one is physical. And pretty sure Melvin was referring to his melee auto attacks.

And that quote from the wiki should be one reason right there to tell you those pages are made by people who often don't know wtf they're talking about. Cragg's slow movement speed means anyone could easily just kite him, stun him, or kill him before he gets to do anything. The only time I'll ever use him in PvP is in super long fights where it's basically a staring game and neither of us can kill each other which ahs only ever happened once. Thicket is always the better option.

No he's not, lmao. But, you wont really know until you try him, and play him just like you play your mystics skills.

Even a level 1 Craggy can do a good deal of fire damage. Fire is an element, and not physical. No Mystic with any brains is going to summon Craggy and leave him to his own melee skill for 20 to 23 secs. THAT would be a big waste of sparks, I'll agree. I always incorporate my summon's skills in my game play, to do otherwise you are missing the whole point of the summon, imo. b:chuckle
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I will laugh at any mystic seriously using Cragg in PVP. Use two sparks only for the pet to die in like two seconds and deal minimal if any damage vs. use two sparks to AOE freeze/seal, probably charm tick, and possibly dg if it's demon version? Second option always.

Ive only had 2 duels, so needless to say Im not God's Gift to Mystic PvP, but! The two deuls I opened with Befuddling Creeper and lysinged it. I managed to get that done while my opponent's were busy sparking. By the time they were over the effects of the Lysinged Creeper I had them 3/4s dead before having to worry about placing any heals on myself.

I could have had a Mistress out already, but I really dont remember having any summon out for either duel. I easily won both too - which aint bad for someone who doesnt PK b:chuckle

Im pretty confident neither duel would have gone so well if I had bothered to try to use Craggy for them. Like I said, could easily see the right player one shotting my butt before I even got him ready to attack. b:surrender
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Actually, he's fire damage, and he does great in Caster's. If you ever tried it you would know right away he's hardly useless in Casters.

I cant say I really agree with using any pet in PvP, just because of the time wasted to summon & heal it up then proceed to attack. I feel I could easily be 1-shot in that time frame, but it seems at least some Mystics wouldn't agree with us on his usefulness there. b:thanks

I'm pretty sure his normal attacks, using his fists are just physical damage, I think the cometfall skill is also physical which basically renders him useless in Caster Nirvana for damage output. And if you say the fire DoT he leaves after using his cone based AoE is helpful....

You see no use in Pets in PvP at all? Devils 5 second stun? Mistress 3 second seal? Leech for more Pdef/crit or magic attack/mag def or a 4k damage shield/4.5k hp falling petals effect? No I don't see how they could be of any use myself /sarcasm

Yes I was referring to the Craggs normal attacks, obviously I didn't make myself clear enough. At least someone else reads their skills descriptions.

And regarding Invigorate and Thicket, no it doesn't I just tested it. Thicket is classed as a summon, I just tested with clerics magic attack buff and the damage was the same, I took my jones blessing off and the damage was lower so yes it is classed as a summon sadly, the 20% damage increase from Invigorate would have been nice.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It has nothing to do with reading the silly base description. Nice to see so many previously thought to be OP players NOT using their summon's skills apparently.

"Um, I think I'll summon Mistress, but just leave her to fight on her own. Those spells she have are just nothing cause you dont see them in the base description...duh!"

But, I certainly dont care if you dont use him in Caster's for his FIRE skill. Means nothing to me if YOU dont use any of the summons or their skills ever, lmao.

Thanks for making this nab feel all OP. xD

Cyas b:bye
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't use Cragg in Caster Nirvana because it's better for me to use demon thicket to try procing dg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited May 2012
    Options
    It has nothing to do with reading the silly base description. Nice to see so many previously thought to be OP players NOT using their summon's skills apparently.

"Um, I think I'll summon Mistress, but just leave her to fight on her own. Those spells she have are just nothing cause you dont see them in the base description...duh!"

But, I certainly dont care if you dont use him in Caster's for his FIRE skill. Means nothing to me if YOU dont use any of the summons or their skills ever, lmao.

Ok I'll dumb myself down so you understand what I am saying.

When both Craggs skills are in cooldown, what does it do? It normal attacks with its hands dealing physical damage. Physical damage is USELESS in Caster Nirvana. So since YOU only seem to use him for his fire skill, YOU use 1 skill and that goes into cooldown so what does your cragg do? It deals Physical damage for a longer period of time than actually using a second skill which is USELESS IN CASTER NIRVANA.

"Um, I think I'll summon Cragglord and only use 1 of its skills because only one of them works in Caster Nirvana and let him whack away dealing no damage until his 1 skill is out of cooldown, yup I'm OP now yay me *giggles*"

Any normal player, yes I say normal because you clearly aren't, would use Mistress for the entire length of a Caster Nirvana run because of the constant high hitting damage she deals because that makes more sense than using physical attacks on a physical immune boss. I bet you even use Cragg on the final boss wasting the buffs he gives to the Mistress don't you? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

If that is not clear enough for you I don't know what is.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't use Cragg in Caster Nirvana because it's better for me to use demon thicket to try procing dg.

Cool. Im not demon, Im sage. I like Thicket, but I usually use it to burn down groups of low level mobs. Ive used it on bosses too, but then you get someone like Melly there, who wants to matter-of-factly tell you something dumb like, "Don't use AoEs on bosses."

To which, I reply, "Its a very short range AoE, and a perfectly acceptable move."

Besides what may be a slight difference in the sage vs demon effect of the spell, it seems to take a long time to be ready to use again, or maybe Im just more focused on other spells. I love using it followed by Gale Force when out questing alone. I would use it more in squads, but since so many meleers hate freeze/seal, its really not worth the trouble in the long run.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Ok I'll dumb myself down so you understand what I am saying.

When both Craggs skills are in cooldown, what does it do?

You are dumb enough already. BOTH skills are never in cooldown at the same time. Think about it - how can I click both pet spells at the same time to put them both in CD together?

That's right! You cant. b:chuckle
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You're better off keeping Storm Mistress up and using your sparks to trip spark. With sage NV spam, you should be like near constant trip spark. Storm Mistress+perma trip spark will do more damage than a stupid Cragg summon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited May 2012
    Options
    I do mostly other stuff in Caster's. Like I originally said, I bring Craggy out when I feel we have spent too much time on a boss.

I like using and lysing my plants, changing out befuddling creeper and spidervine in the process. Stormy usually is out too.

Why dont I use Craggy more, and reserve him for Delta? Because of the Chi it takes to keep him and Vital Herb ready. Im Sage, but still need Master Li's technique & Cloud Eruption to stay triple sparked.

I dont need all that everytime, but to stay ready for the next wave I do need it. I even started carrying White Tea to save some wear and tear on the genie stamina.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll see how I like it next time I do Casters. b:thanks
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You are dumb enough already. BOTH skills are never in cooldown at the same time. Think about it - how can I click both pet spells at the same time to put them both in CD together?

That's right! You cant. b:chuckle

Yes I am the dumb one.

Obviously both skills cannot be in cooldown at the same time, what was I thinking?
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Frenzied Storm Mistress over all Caster nirvy>Frenzied Storm mistress-Sage cragglord-storm msitress-frenzied cragglord-storm mistress-cragglord-frenzied storm mistress.... Saying your spamming frenzy and have a 2.30+better recovery energy recovery with a 145 energy genie..... Sadly cragglord is a joke. Like healing herb its there and you can use it to deal some damage or heal but then it goes away and doesn't really leave a effect or a big dent.
    edited May 2012
    Options

Oh great! Now you want me to think there might be a normal healthy person behind those green pixels?? b:shutup

Thank you. Its true they cant be in CD at the same time, but the rest of your post might hold some meaning if they really could.

Its also true that they can overlap CD for a like one whole second, but likewise it is also true that maybe you will get off a SW or NV in that one whole second in between.

But just cause you dont want to use it Mel, does that mean no one else should try it and see if they like it enough to whip it out in Caster's once in while?
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Any highfives :D? We got rid of the trollls >:D and Mrmelvin i love how your genie is but... with my 71/100 genie i would love to add cloud eruption to that... But sadly can't till lvl 102 :( So for now ill stay with... Frenzy,Adrenaline Surge,Holy Path,Cloud eruption,AD,Expel... But at lvl 102 i am going to switch Adrenaline surge with extreme poison >:D
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Its true they cant be in CD at the same time

-Sigh- look at the picture again, both of the skills are in the COOLDOWN mode, meaning neither of them can be used. Are you still going to try and tell me you can't have both skills in cooldown?

Mrmelvin i love how your genie is but... with my 71/100 genie i would love to add cloud eruption to that... But sadly can't till lvl 102 :( So for now ill stay with... Frenzy,Adrenaline Surge,Holy Path,Cloud eruption,AD,Expel... But at lvl 102 i am going to switch Adrenaline surge with extreme poison >:D

I didn't get cloud eruption because I didn't think I need it, I rarely use expel anymore so I was thinking about changing that but wouldn't know what for... that is probably why I still have it to be honest lol
    edited May 2012
    Options
    -Sigh- look at the picture again, both of the skills are in the COOLDOWN mode, meaning neither of them can be used. Are you still going to try and tell me you can't have both skills in cooldown?

FOR ONE WHOLE SECOND...woohoo! But tell me how your troll self clicks them both at the same time...pretty pl0x!
    edited May 2012
    Options
    FOR ONE WHOLE SECOND...woohoo! But tell me how your troll self clicks them both at the same time...pretty pl0x!

Its not rocket science!! After one skill has cast click the other one! Therefore both skills are used and go into cooldown!! JESUS CHRIST!
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Its not rocket science!! After one skill has cast click the other one! Therefore both skills are used and go into cooldown!! JESUS CHRIST!

It doesnt take Steven Hawkins to read and understand what you ignore - my post about an overlap that lasts for one whole second, lol. You're cute! b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

The CD is 6 and 10 seconds ijs...you don't look like to know cragg but you claim use it often...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute