careful pwi...

demmonia
demmonia Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
today 28/05/2012 Perfect World Malaysia English server was closed with no notice....

they gaves us 300secs to say goodbye...

i just wanted to inform you guys to be careful, who knows maybe PWI will have sudden bye too.b:sad
Post edited by demmonia on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Source or troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Something here doesnt add upb:laugh
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    From what I can make of google translating that... they seem to be just moving the company to form another version of "Perfect Wold International" oO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• demmonia
    edited May 2012
    yes they move ALL servers to Garena but...

Dear players, Hello

We're sorry, the English server will be shut down, the company will consider re-opening of a new English server, related news, please pay attention to our official source.

Thank you.

thats what new GMs of garena forum told.
    Source: http://forum.wm2.garena.com

can google translate it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Well that kind of doesn't wonder me. Given we got so many English severs here I wouldn't be stunned if it didn't pay off anymore for their company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Surely they wouldn't have just kicked you off like a normal server close down giving you 300 seconds lol I mean the way PWE staff acts towards their players I guess if it coullld happen but still that's a little harsh lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • demmonia
    edited May 2012
    i Thought Maybe could PWE host our "destiny" server?
  • Emancipator - Lost City
    Emancipator - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    PWI gonna shut down this week as well! Need to keep in secret my source! b:cry
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Someone in my fac was talking about losing their characters on MY-EN, so was looking into it. From what Google translate was able to get across, they are offering account transfers to the new servers. They haven't set it up for the EN accounts yet, but will be before June 6th.

However, apparently there is no English server to transfer to atm, and I'm lacking in my ability to piece together if/when the new company will ever create an English server.
  • demmonia
    edited May 2012
    that's somthing....

A letter to Wanmei English version Users.
    时间:2012-05-28
    Dear Perfect World English version Users:
    Currently we are opening the account transfer for Chinese version users, but not for English Perfect World at this moment due to the version issue.
    We are working on the most updated English client localization, and resolving the toughest problem right now.

More information about the English version client will be updated to you later once we have a confirmed timeline.

Best Regards!

Please stay tuned and follow us on our facebook fanpage@ www.facebook.com/garenawanmei

Official website: http://wm2.garena.com

Garena Wanmei Team!
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Just lol..... b:shocked
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I say no one spends any money on this game till we have an official announcment on it for our version who know's what is gonna end up happening to the game hopefully the new company will provide us with better customer service than the b:fatb weve been dealing with I know myself as soon as I read about this decided I wont be spending one red cent on the game as I've gone through this with other mmo's in the past and it wasn't always a pleasent process to deal with nor was the game run anywhere in the same manner it was b4

However I know my post just seems like a QQ and all the addict's that need their fix are gonna blow $ on the game anyways heck I spend my fare share as well I'd just rather not spend anymore till I know whats gonna happen wether my char's will still be there or not and so on.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    b:sin___(4 to 1) That when they do finally transfer the (English users) accounts, that they all find that they've all had their {Characters & Gears} WiPeD?! So that they all end up having too start all over again from scratch!? Do to that Supposed ~ {Version Transfer Issue} (Aka. More Money Forced, Blindside Move)??!!!...b:surrender

b:embarrass___I wonder if my brother is gonna try and transfer his old {PWm} Account, or just let it 'Die Out??'??????b:puzzled
  • mayaral
    mayaral Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I would like to close pw Brazil of LevelUp games and to transfer the accounts for the administration of PW international
    =/
    It's my dreamb:shy
  • ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Actually we knew that server is closing 2012 since the beginning, as we knew Cubizone's contract expires 2012 b:bye

Anyway.. i would gladly join new-opened server cuz i will have at least 1 year of awesome experiance :) Till things get boring as they are now.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Didn't PWE closed down one of their games here, and failed to do their "goodbye" event and simply just let it shut down?

Again, only saying that because someone mentioned that here on the forums, giving another "bad" example of this company...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • demmonia
    edited May 2012
    ellero wrote: »
    Actually we knew that server is closing 2012 since the beginning, as we knew Cubizone's contract expires 2012 b:bye

Anyway.. i would gladly join new-opened server cuz i will have at least 1 year of awesome experiance :) Till things get boring as they are now.

You know they was saying that they will re-new, but it seem was theirs lies again...
    and it still not nice that we wasn't informed... they made 11days of 2x and after 3~4days they closing server with no information at al....
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This is the beginning of the end for PWE. Soon they will close down PW Brazil. This will cause a massive migration of BRs to the US servers in the possible account transfer. In turn they will take all of PWI players jobs, like farming nirvy, farming TT, selling dq mats on the corner. The divide between the 1%ers and the rest of the 99% will just keep getting wider. Then PWE will ultimately crumble under it's own weight as they can no longer support the massive amount of free users.
  • gamekillz
    gamekillz Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if they closed PWI like that. The way PWE handled Legend of Martial Arts (Kung Foo!) and Heroes of Three Kingdoms. They didn't even offer character transfers to another server, they just gave half the zen you spent back, and failed to show up for both goodbye events. I also contacted a GM from PWE a while back, and they have absolutely no plans in the future to bring those games back on the market, even after they release every single one of their games.

The Perfect World Co. and all their subsidiaries and business partners have a horrible customer service, and they don't care about the games or the players, just the money lining their wallets.

Line up like sheep all of you, fill their pockets, buy their dragon orbs and tokens, they don't care about you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona
    Pacem et vitam longam
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Those are all unrelated stories. PWE shut down some games cause there was way too little players on servers, and they were spending too little cash on games. So those games were making losses for company.

Now, to be on topic, reason behind shutting down servers in Malaysia is really simple. One company lost their contract to publish PWI, and another company got that contract. Simple as that. Note that neither of those two companies are owned by Perfect World (Wanmei). It's simple matter of losing license. And reason why they are not in a hurry to make English server? It's target markets are Malaysia and Singapore.

Now, the shocker to most of you, who likes conspiracy theories, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Perfect World Co. Ltd. Meaning, they can't lose license.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited May 2012
    Can't see the issue , just seems the company who was running PW-MYEn license expired and Perfect world had a better option with who to re-new it with.
    Since PWI isn't a licencee and is part of the company itself why the panic ?
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Honestly, I'm not even remotely suprised about this closure/transfer of PW-MY. That server was once very popular, but when PWE released the direct subsidiary of Perfect World (PWI), most of PW-MY's population shifted to PWI's servers. The problem that PW-MY suffered from was lack of... Anything. They had to purchase the expansions directly from Wanmei, where-as PWE gets them quickly and promptly, because they have a direct contract with Wanmei. PW-MY also had to do the English text-translations in-house, so most of the English text had bleeding errors in-game, or was very grammatically incorrect.

PW-MY hasn't got the decent update, and hasn't had anything but one or two minor text-translation updates for about 6+ months. I'm not shocked at this news, but I am shocked at how their company managed the closure. That's a slap in the face and punch to the gut, but I don't expect more from gaming companies nowadays.

When PWE closed LoMA and HoTK, they did similar things. They gave like 20 days notice, and allowed players who had characters on their servers, to get a free all-class pet on another PWE game, and told them to swap to another game by their company. They also offered 50% of their zen back if they had charged zen in the last 30 days, or whatever.

When it comes down to it, I don't think PWE will be closing their flagship game until the company is in very poor condition. By that, I mean when all their other titles fail and they aren't making enough profit, and have already merged the servers on PWI.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    These forums only allow two versions to be discussed on, PWI and PW China.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.