3 man defeated leaf (no deaths)

Omnicon - Dreamweaver
Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Tideswell (East)
My hubby, Glycerin, as well as a friend and me took on an unwined aba and defeated the new bh boss. No r9 involved other than my hubbies weapon and belt and ring. Also, there were no deaths involved. Here's some screenshots to prove it can be done.

b:pleased Guess that means I can continue duoing with meh hubby!

2012-05-2621-11-57.jpg

2012-05-2621-11-29.jpg

2012-05-2621-11-59.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Omnicon - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    havent died to it yet. I'm still wonderign greatly how so many people have problems xD. soloed 2 times. duo uhm 3 times with mystic.

no R9 involed other thna ur hubby which is +12 as well ;p, that counts as R9 to me! XD. not blaming ya, need dmg to solo and duo, or wont kill it fast enough for the hp regen thing.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    b:chuckle Yeah, I'm not sure why people are having a problem with it. And, we were even to the point where it was healing itself. Seems you just need a good squad that pays attention to minor things.

(Or kill it under 10-14 seconds from what I hear)b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SneakySin - Dreamweaver
    SneakySin - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Tbh idk why ppl had problems with it s well... i soloed it the first day that it was out had an old abba bh so was like meh why not.... considering i was able to solo old abba and sot with no buffs i said merely y not and try.... that was my first mistake lol. i did die that once only due to having no buffs... i was smart the second time and buffed with cleric/ barb buffs... Then proceeded to solo it again mission accomplished no death just a shety bh1 reward of chips for my trouble xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    I still think it's mostly the fact that people don't pay attension much anymore. Old SoT and Aba became very easy as well as many other instances. Could just aps through and done. And, I know the new ones can be solo'd as well- just gotta be tactful. Get your buffs and spark at the right times and whatnot. But, I do love how so many are qq-ing about it. b:chuckle Free entertainment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The boss is easy other than the random wtf spike damage when you pull it.
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well, thing is....you need a squad that knows what they are doing OR at least listens to instructions....

I don't know how many times the aps players just keep on attacking boss when it has the buffs up and soon they go poof b:bye It's funny to watch their big egos get crushed but it just gets annoying over time :<

*SOT boss is even worst....no auto attacks so no pew pew....people need to use skills, SKILLS! ._."
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Oh noes! Skills! PANIC! Whatever will we do with skills? b:shocked
    I did SoT with this same squad plus a sin and another bm, It went over fine. BB is very helpful in SoT. Seems less helpful in new aba though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Oh noes! Skills! PANIC! Whatever will we do with skills? b:shocked
    I did SoT with this same squad plus a sin and another bm, It went over fine. BB is very helpful in SoT. Seems less helpful in new aba though.

b:chuckle Well it took my team several tries, and i kept on hearing pew pew sounds...

The crazy damage it deals to the puller if they don't run far enough is scary as well. I think it was like 16k? Probably more to our veno :<

But this does kind of balance out aps....since aps are kind of useless on the boss which is great :D
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This boss is really weird :P

Sometimes he's a piece of cake, and sometimes he just random 1shots everyone over and over (even if you stop when he bufs). Or atleast it looks like we stop, could be laggy so we're to late.

Also I have no clue what triggers his random single target 1shot skill (the one that makes you bleed after death), so I have no clue how to prevent it (yet)

Sometimes his random skill hit's me for 44k (in BB), and than 4-5k per bleed tick (I do make the mistake every now and than to ress to fast) b:surrender
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    did it 3 man with myself, Dagnir, and Al_Pacino

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t388/BaalbakDW/2012-05-2601-01-19.jpg

the first time i killed it, wasnt an issue. second time i killed it, it was exactly that. the squad didn't know about the new buff and apsed away at it... leaving me alone left alive to duo it with the wizard who happened to have gotten a res just before the cleric died.

anywho.. its not overly difficult if people pay attention. al, dag, and I didn't have anything but our own buffs. no charms.

by the way, ive noticed that whenever someone seems to get 1 shot when they pull (someone other than barb) its always been after some sort of ranged attack. (sins using knife throw for example, to pull it to bb from range). I'm wondering just how many of those 1 shots would be avoided if the non barb tank/puller acted like a barb in terms of pulling. That is.. instead of sending a pet in or using knife throw or a bow... try just running up in its face and hitting it. Of course... I always open with alacrity which cancels the first attack. Bm's can use that skill called shadowless kick to get the same effect. demon knife throw interrupts too, but its wasted on being cast from range. try moving in closer, until the boss starts to actually channel, before you knife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    did it 3 man with myself, Dagnir, and Al_Pacino

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t388/BaalbakDW/2012-05-2601-01-19.jpg

the first time i killed it, wasnt an issue. second time i killed it, it was exactly that. the squad didn't know about the new buff and apsed away at it... leaving me alone left alive to duo it with the wizard who happened to have gotten a res just before the cleric died.

anywho.. its not overly difficult if people pay attention. al, dag, and I didn't have anything but our own buffs. no charms.

by the way, ive noticed that whenever someone seems to get 1 shot when they pull (someone other than barb) its always been after some sort of ranged attack. (sins using knife throw for example, to pull it to bb from range). I'm wondering just how many of those 1 shots would be avoided if the non barb tank/puller acted like a barb in terms of pulling. That is.. instead of sending a pet in or using knife throw or a bow... try just running up in its face and hitting it. Of course... I always open with alacrity which cancels the first attack. Bm's can use that skill called shadowless kick to get the same effect. demon knife throw interrupts too, but its wasted on being cast from range. try moving in closer, until the boss starts to actually channel, before you knife.

Still the show off B b:chuckle *pets the doggie*
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    where have you been at old friend?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    where have you been at old friend?

Raising barbs and tideborns.
  • Sneaker - Dreamweaver
    Sneaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lol me and my 104 bm duo it all the time not that hard b:cute
    Sneaker 105 sage sin

"Memory is the guardian of all things"

Cicero
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I dont know what the fuss is about. Today i joined a squad where 1 person left, so they were clearing to boss while i was running to them. Once i got there, well, spark + hf, but didnt even get to fill half a bar of chi. D:

Was only 1 OP person present i think. No, that wasnt me. :P
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think I finished all the "new" challenges within a week. Soloed them all with the exception of Lunar and Warsong, went with some friends, everyone defended their lane, we were done in one try.

I don't get all the fuss about it. PWI stopped being challenging with the first pack sale like 3 years ago. They tried to do it somewhat challenging when they changed TT 3-2 and 3-3 and everyone QQed about it. Myself included. Then we discovered how to glitch the bosses and we kept quiet, went back to farm them regularly and made huge profit from it. Until everyone learned how to do it. The sad thing is PWI doesn't do anything about their glitches. Until everyone knows about it and it becomes the real market breaker. Like FC dragons. I mean, seriously. They made such a big deal about their first level 105. Didn't they realized that other thousand popped out of nowhere in no time? b:laugh

See you can't have a "challenging" pve environment in a farm-based game. Most games base their drops on your luck with a random generated number that determines the gear drop that you may or may not need: SWTOR, GW1, *** (by what we've read so far), RIFT, ****, WoW. They all follow this model. It allows you to either be done with your latest tier gear (Best in slot) within a month of release, or a semester of release. Depending on your luck and yours and your team abilities. I have silently raged god knows how many times to that one mfer that doesn't push the damn button on Ultraxion, or the idiot that doesn't runs to defend the boat against Warmaster... not to mention the dumbasses that don't realize is time to make Deathwing roll. @.@ But in the end, that's what progression means. You progress as a team, as a guild, not as individuals... Other games understood this system and that's why their player base is very loyal. In PWI you see players leave, come back, new rank 9 + 12 players appear out of nowhere with every new sale or every patch release.

Then you try it again in harder mode. Then you try to complete the achievements of the raid. Then you are finally out of content and they have come up with a new raid. Not a revamped version of the old one. like PWI keeps doing. Old bosses with new names. New bosses with old mechanics. Same o' same o'.

This is what pay to play means. I wish free to play followed this models too. Hopefully **** will continue it rather than switch to the free to play, pay to win model all this games have... It's just sad that even though I haven't really farmed anything in 8 months. my gear it's still considered "top" and the "newest" gear (which is just a reforge of the one I've got) even though better in stats. It's either impossible to attain for most players. Or not worth obtaining because of the price of sharding and refining.

In PWI you either charge a few dollars a month and cash in your gear. Or you get an OP toon or an OP clique, farm the **** out of the same instance. Merchant. And maybe, a year after release. You'll have the same gear it took a few days to charge to the others.

We completed all the throphy mode runs from 69 to old Lunar. All the levels of faction base trials. Conquered the entire map at one point. Did warsong when it still payed a token of best luck before it "broke". Then the "fixed" version. No one needed to post a screenshot or a video of it. Because it was the goal of the group of people you played with to complete it. Not to brag about it after completion.

It has taken me almost 7 months and 2 nerfs to finally get through all of the latest raid heroic and regular achievements... and that puts me within the 5% of a population of 12 million players worldwide that have actually managed to complete this content.

Now that's a game challenge. Time to try it again with a different character b:cry

But yeah my rant and trolling actually has a reason this time. Imagine that at the end of the guild trials hard mode (which takes 3 completions of trials, that have to be achieved in 1 week) the last boss dropped N number of rank 9 gear tokens (which you could exchange to your class rank 9 gear piece)/D-Orbs +10, 11 or 12/rank 9 reforge materials/whatever it is you kids are farming nowadays to get the top gear.

Now that'd be an instance worth clearing every week. Something to do as a guild other than to have 5-30 minutes battles with or against Regenesis once or twice every week until they reset the map, then wait like 3 months until you can do that again for 3 months. Rinse, repeat.

Game got too grindy. and not challenging enough. There should be more guild-based rewards, so that people will actually take part more actively of guild-based content. Just saying. They shouldn't be soloable, 3-manable, or anything less than the size of a squad. So you can brag (if you must) as a team or a guild. Not as an individual. That just makes you look like an attention *****. Like me <3 And yet I never felt like posting how awesome I am. Until now :P

In fact, PWE should just hire me, I'll make your damn game more playable and still bring bank to your greedy cash shop. No problem!

Oh and hi b:kiss

And yes Hex, I know, TL;DR. Still miss you!

Oh and lol at GW 2 and A!on being filtered by the forums. Scared much about losing customers?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • guyver
    guyver Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I think I finished all the "new" challenges within a week. Soloed them all with the exception of Lunar and Warsong, went with some friends, everyone defended their lane, we were done in one try.

I don't get all the fuss about it. PWI stopped being challenging with the first pack sale like 3 years ago. They tried to do it somewhat challenging when they changed TT 3-2 and 3-3 and everyone QQed about it. Myself included. Then we discovered how to glitch the bosses and we kept quiet, went back to farm them regularly and made huge profit from it. Until everyone learned how to do it. The sad thing is PWI doesn't do anything about their glitches. Until everyone knows about it and it becomes the real market breaker. Like FC dragons. I mean, seriously. They made such a big deal about their first level 105. Didn't they realized that other thousand popped out of nowhere in no time? b:laugh

See you can't have a "challenging" pve environment in a farm-based game. Most games base their drops on your luck with a random generated number that determines the gear drop that you may or may not need: SWTOR, GW1, *** (by what we've read so far), RIFT, ****, WoW. They all follow this model. It allows you to either be done with your latest tier gear (Best in slot) within a month of release, or a semester of release. Depending on your luck and yours and your team abilities. I have silently raged god knows how many times to that one mfer that doesn't push the damn button on Ultraxion, or the idiot that doesn't runs to defend the boat against Warmaster... not to mention the dumbasses that don't realize is time to make Deathwing roll. @.@ But in the end, that's what progression means. You progress as a team, as a guild, not as individuals... Other games understood this system and that's why their player base is very loyal. In PWI you see players leave, come back, new rank 9 + 12 players appear out of nowhere with every new sale or every patch release.

Then you try it again in harder mode. Then you try to complete the achievements of the raid. Then you are finally out of content and they have come up with a new raid. Not a revamped version of the old one. like PWI keeps doing. Old bosses with new names. New bosses with old mechanics. Same o' same o'.

This is what pay to play means. I wish free to play followed this models too. Hopefully **** will continue it rather than switch to the free to play, pay to win model all this games have... It's just sad that even though I haven't really farmed anything in 8 months. my gear it's still considered "top" and the "newest" gear (which is just a reforge of the one I've got) even though better in stats. It's either impossible to attain for most players. Or not worth obtaining because of the price of sharding and refining.

In PWI you either charge a few dollars a month and cash in your gear. Or you get an OP toon or an OP clique, farm the **** out of the same instance. Merchant. And maybe, a year after release. You'll have the same gear it took a few days to charge to the others.

We completed all the throphy mode runs from 69 to old Lunar. All the levels of faction base trials. Conquered the entire map at one point. Did warsong when it still payed a token of best luck before it "broke". Then the "fixed" version. No one needed to post a screenshot or a video of it. Because it was the goal of the group of people you played with to complete it. Not to brag about it after completion.

It has taken me almost 7 months and 2 nerfs to finally get through all of the latest raid heroic and regular achievements... and that puts me within the 5% of a population of 12 million players worldwide that have actually managed to complete this content.

Now that's a game challenge. Time to try it again with a different character b:cry

But yeah my rant and trolling actually has a reason this time. Imagine that at the end of the guild trials hard mode (which takes 3 completions of trials, that have to be achieved in 1 week) the last boss dropped N number of rank 9 gear tokens (which you could exchange to your class rank 9 gear piece)/D-Orbs +10, 11 or 12/rank 9 reforge materials/whatever it is you kids are farming nowadays to get the top gear.

Now that'd be an instance worth clearing every week. Something to do as a guild other than to have 5-30 minutes battles with or against Regenesis once or twice every week until they reset the map, then wait like 3 months until you can do that again for 3 months. Rinse, repeat.

Game got too grindy. and not challenging enough. There should be more guild-based rewards, so that people will actually take part more actively of guild-based content. Just saying. They shouldn't be soloable, 3-manable, or anything less than the size of a squad. So you can brag (if you must) as a team or a guild. Not as an individual. That just makes you look like an attention *****. Like me <3 And yet I never felt like posting how awesome I am. Until now :P

In fact, PWE should just hire me, I'll make your damn game more playable and still bring bank to your greedy cash shop. No problem!

Oh and hi b:kiss

And yes Hex, I know, TL;DR. Still miss you!

Oh and lol at GW 2 and A!on being filtered by the forums. Scared much about losing customers?

b:surprised Now that's a rant.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I dont know what the fuss is about. Today i joined a squad where 1 person left, so they were clearing to boss while i was running to them. Once i got there, well, spark + hf, but didnt even get to fill half a bar of chi. D:

Was only 1 OP person present i think. No, that wasnt me. :P
    Quoting yourself is lame, i know. :P

But since this post i tried to tank him and well..
    I asked my squad what was up with this boss. Some 1 shot attack at the start if i understood correctly. Rushed into him witn Pan Gu's Essence and after that just killed him like the regular one before the update.
    Maybe we got lucky, didnt see any red circles so i didnt have to stop attacking.
  • lemurlord
    lemurlord Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if the boss isn't killed before the first buff, it only takes one idiot to ruin the bh for all
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lemurlord wrote: »
    if the boss isn't killed before the first buff, it only takes one idiot to ruin the bh for all

Not really, I've ran in many runs with people not stopping APS'ing the bosses(Till we screamed at them to stop) and yet we make it. Just depends on who is in your squad.