True story about the customer service

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
So I ran a test. I did the same thing on 2 accounts. One account, I cash shop on. The other, I don't.

I was semi-soloing an instance, my sin and BM, when I came across an issue. So what did I do? I submitted a ticket. I wanted to see how the replies went. Bare in mind, the tickets were EXACTLY the same

Behold the results.

Cash shop account:
-Responded in 2.5 days
-Taken seriously
-Spoken to with a sense of respect
-Screenshot asked; no screenshot available (my bad)
-resolved with 1 response; missing item acquired
-Ticket Solved

Free account:
-Responded in 14 days
-Canned Auto-response
-Spoken to as if talking to a robot
-Screenshot asked for; no screenshot available
-Pics or it didn't happen
-Not resolved; Missing item NOT given
-Ticket closed

As a cash shopper I feel we should all demand our free to play players get the same cash shop responses, none of those dime-a-dozen-can-responses. Not to mention, 2 weeks just to not compensate with the missing item? But the cash shopper can get it despite having no real proof.

Seems legit

I'd say we should all get together, but nothing will change... Le sigh
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've received customer service of varying on quality on both the account I do occasionally charge on, and the one I have never cash shopped on. Sometimes the free account got better customer service than the one i cashshopped did. Like in real life, it all depends on who you get. I'm not going to say cash shoppers aren't treated differently, because the fact of the matter is, they absolutely are. Just that this one experiment doesn't prove much, and you would need to test it multiple times for it to be accurate.

Just like with any other experiment. With trying one time, we can't say for certain that the GM who handled your ticket wasn't a) a different person one cared about their job vs one who didn't or b) the same person, but one ticket they handled when they were in a helping mood and they other when they weren't.

Having worked in the customer service field for many years, and even being a supervisor (practically manager one year when the manager just listened to all of our suggestions and didn't veto a single one that I know of), I know for a fact that somedays employees come in with a good mood and go out of their way to make the customers day. Other times they are sick, or in a bad mood, etc and do the bare minimum to not get fired or written up.

The goon glitch thing certainly shows the status of cashshoppers in the broad sense, but not necessarily how individual tickets are handled. Although, I'm sure they have their Very important customers list that can do no wrong, so long as they keep throwing enough money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2.5 day? I usually get mine less than 24 hours and it usually resolved or they don't know what the hell they were doing and I just gave up. And I haven't spend a cent in this game. Then again, most of my problem are technical problems, not in game problems such as not being able to login or I'm getting server selections from the chinese pwi. My tickets usually have an overly explained title and i include screenshots.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Trust me; it's random. I've had great CS and I've had horrible.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's pretty random. I have probably sent a solid 30-40 tickets since I began playing PWI. I have sent them on at least 3-4 accounts (only one I've ever put money down on PWI), and resulted in pretty p.iss poor service, to be honest.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Perhaps, given that the issue was resolved previously, the second ticket was not given the same attention? Idk, I've had great CS experience and lousy ones too.

b:surrender
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Aquireis - Lost City
    Aquireis - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think the funniest ticket response I had ever gotten was wrong. I followed the instructions from the response and even it was wrong.b:chuckle

As for ticket response I have had some fast and some just so slow
    All generalizations are false, including this one.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Every single ticket ive sent has been answered maybe 4 weeks later with some stupid generic auto-response that didn't even address my specific issue, I've only spent about 100 bucks on the game, but I do believe its random.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So I ran a test. I did the same thing on 2 accounts. One account, I cash shop on. The other, I don't.

I was semi-soloing an instance, my sin and BM, when I came across an issue. So what did I do? I submitted a ticket. I wanted to see how the replies went. Bare in mind, the tickets were EXACTLY the same

Behold the results.

Cash shop account:
    -Responded in 2.5 days
    -Taken seriously
    -Ticket Solved

Free account:
    -Responded in 14 days
    -Canned Auto-response
    -Ticket closed

As a cash shopper I feel we should all demand our free to play players get the same cash shop responses, none of those dime-a-dozen-can-responses. Not to mention, 2 weeks just to not compensate with the missing item? But the cash shopper can get it despite having no real proof.

Seems legit

you need a bigger sample size than 2 to really prove anything.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Behold the results.

Cash shop account:
    -Responded in 2.5 days
    -Taken seriously
    -Ticket Solved

Free account:
    -Responded in 14 days
    -Canned Auto-response
    -Ticket closed

Seems legit

Quite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yes I'd say you need a bigger sample size.

And if they do discrimate, that is what all businesses do. They "take care" of their big clients.

Just look at the medical drug industry in the united states. Drug Reps go to doctors and there is horrible corruption, money bribes, bringing them free stuff etc. All to get the doctors to use their product.

My experiences have been... Good customer service for a free game XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't ever cash shop, and the GMs don't know I moderate the forums nor does it matter to them. I've never had a ticket take more than a week to get a response and be resolved. Were the solutions always to my liking? Probably not, but I can always say they were fair.

If you're attempting to prove that cash shoppers get better service, your science fails. To prove that you will have to conduct the same process over and over using hundreds, if not thousands, of different accounts and observe the result. You will also have to provide a thing called proof.

Since you have non, I take everything said with a grain of salt.

Different GMs are assigned to different tickets and therefor, treated differently. Not that I agree that one GM should take their job seriously while the other doesn't, but the truth is that every work place has good employees and bad employees, or in this case, lazy ones.

That said, point is you have not proven anything and you have not even provided proof of it. I agree there needs to be improvement in customer service and they all need to work the same way, but you proved nothing about favoritism.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't ever cash shop, and the GMs don't know I moderate the forums nor does it matter to them. I've never had a ticket take more than a week to get a response and be resolved. Were the solutions always to my liking? Probably not, but I can always say they were fair.

If you're attempting to prove that cash shoppers get better service, your science fails. To prove that you will have to conduct the same process over and over using hundreds, if not thousands, of different accounts and observe the result. You will also have to provide a thing called proof.

Since you have non, I take everything said with a grain of salt.

Different GMs are assigned to different tickets and therefor, treated differently. Not that I agree that one GM should take their job seriously while the other doesn't, but the truth is that every work place has good employees and bad employees, or in this case, lazy ones.

That said, point is you have not proven anything and you have not even provided proof of it. I agree there needs to be improvement in customer service and they all need to work the same way, but you proved nothing about favoritism.

Sadly no one can really provide proof since tickets aren't allowed to be shown on the forums, as you well know but others may not. Unless you did a real survey, with a bigger sample size than 2, and logged it on a spreadsheet with some kind of generic parameters. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City
    XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ya like i played this 2 months ago and i sold a ton of dq items probably 5k dq points worth and 2 months of not playing and i get on to find i still have no dq points or anything added on my account after they say they will try and fix it and it always takes them a week+ for them to respond to every ticket i send about this its some what bs how i wasted my time getting dq items for what? nothing becuz they dont want to fix this problem they say it will fix when i send my dq items to my old char and sell on there which is **** im not gonna waste my time doing that sending them through mail they need to fix this problem and give me my **** if u ask me
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I dont think I ever had to wait over 4 days for a ticket. usually 2-76 hours. one was actually responded withing an hour.. ( thats rare tho, and I was like wtf)
    atleast 15 tickets in the time of playing i think. I have received auto responces a few times as well tho -_-

Before its asked, yes I CS.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've thrown atleast 4g's to this game on this account, normally get an auto response to tickets and it takes about 5 days.
    It's nothing to do with SPENDING MONEY. It's the person that you get that reads it.
    The same happens if you call a customer service hotline. You could get some really awesome "Tom" who helps out in every way he can, or you could get "Nancy" who doesn't give a ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • buffsrus
    buffsrus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There are good and bad customer service. (Mostly Bad) I had all my accounts permabanned for having a supposed scam shop. (Guess I had an extra 0 on a price in shop...) After arguing with them and their 1 week response times for over a month 1 account was unbanned. I told them to just reban the account because I was not going to continue playing or spending money on a game with such horrible service. Less than 2 hours later I received a response from the supposed supervisor of the CS rep i was dealing with. They said sorry for the mistake and every one of my accounts were unbanned.

I really didnt care. They showed me just how they are so I quit anyway and gave all my accounts to the GF. She still obsesses over this game trying to do dailies on 20 100+ chars...I wish she would just quit so I dont have to ever hear about this game ever again.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    you need a bigger sample size than 2 to really prove anything.

This.

Judging by such a lousy few samples is only an attempt to trash talk the company some more to me. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

This.

Judging by such a lousy few samples is only an attempt to trash talk the company some more to me. b:surrender

Because I have Nothing better to do
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    buffsrus wrote: »
    There are good and bad customer service. (Mostly Bad) I had all my accounts permabanned for having a supposed scam shop. (Guess I had an extra 0 on a price in shop...) After arguing with them and their 1 week response times for over a month 1 account was unbanned. I told them to just reban the account because I was not going to continue playing or spending money on a game with such horrible service. Less than 2 hours later I received a response from the supposed supervisor of the CS rep i was dealing with. They said sorry for the mistake and every one of my accounts were unbanned.

I really didnt care. They showed me just how they are so I quit anyway and gave all my accounts to the GF. She still obsesses over this game trying to do dailies on 20 100+ chars...I wish she would just quit so I dont have to ever hear about this game ever again.

The really funny part of this is that the CS is the biggest scam shop. -They still sell Arcane Book: Pet for one example.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Because I have Nothing better to do

I'm not sure what you did exactly, and hell, Xainou and i get along as well as oil and water, but that's just beyond... dumb as **** what you just did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's truly based on luck.

On this account I've only charged ab $100 and my last ticket was taken care of in 4 hours...
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well, now that we based that you need a bigger sample to spew these kinds of statements, I'll lock this.
This discussion has been closed.