Save PWI: 2012

2»

Comments

• TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You should start an Occupy PWI thread next....
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You should start an Occupy PWI thread next....

There was already one created by Knownase a while back, here.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It always amazes me when someone thinks they speak for everyone.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I am so glad I quit this POS of a game. I envy those who can still find some kind of enjoyment out it though.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    LOLOLZZZZzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:laugh

Its easier to teach a 'Blind Dog! with 1~Leg!!' how too type!!! Then It Is Too Get {PWE} To,o' Take A Hint! About how to fix their game B4 it DIEs! Unfortunately........b:pleasedb:victory

b:dirty__DeY! iZ Da QwAzIeSt!! Of PeOpLeZzZzZzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:chuckle
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    GM: Damn ever since r9 2nd cast has been out, like .1% of the population bought it...it's really bad for our business.

Developer: No kidding, but I have a brilliant idea. Why can't we just ask the Chinese developer for some help?

GM: Like what?

Developer: Maybe they can create Nirvana 3rd cast gears, that way non-cashoper fools can be happy about new gears just as powerful as rank 9, and people with rank 9 will have no choice but to spend fortune on getting recast rank 9.

GM: Not bad, but what about our rank 9 cashoper population, they might get upset and still not spend money towards buying recast rank-9.

Developer: Maybe, we can ask the Chinese developers to create 3rd cast rank 9 gears also for us, which will be extremely powerful! Then all the players with rank 9 will spend on 2nd cast rank 9 in greed of obtaining 3rd cast rank-9.

GM: Brilliant!

Developer: But wouldn't that kill the game with gears powerful as that much...2nd thought?

GM: That's okay, we can always host a 2x for a month to calm things down.
  • Blue_Moon - Heavens Tear
    Blue_Moon - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    fix the game b:victory
  • asgoliath
    asgoliath Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This is a petition. Sign, and move on. Bump it if needed. I'm vaguely aware trolls are going to swarm this, but it's consequence of being on the internet in general.

PWE, your playerbase is getting very, very irritated with the constant shafting you give them every time you decide to update your game, via sales or otherwise. I've seen deaths on Animal Planet less slow and painful than this. I'm surprised anybody can sit down to play this game, we've all been shafted so hard since Raging Tides came out.

If you make more money from a game by having it last longer (Like, a certain snow-themed company has been doing for several years, and is rolling in more money than they know what to do with--) wouldn't it make sense for you to quit hammering nails into the coffin of your flagship game?

I mean, this IS Perfect World International, and your company IS Perfect World Entertainment.

What's going to happen to you guys, when your biggest game gets flushed down the toilet by your own sheer stupidity? Do you really think the people investing in your company are going to be thrilled? And what about the people who play other games from your company? You don't think they're not going to find out that you singlehandedly killed one of your biggest games?

Look at us. We're your customers. We're NOT lab-rats. Stop testing your broken **** on us. You are KILLING this branch of the game. It's like you don't even want our money or something.

If you WANTED our money, you'd wake up, fix the game, and people would feel you're worth spending on again.

This is not hard. We've constantly pointed out what you're doing wrong---from NOT restricting Frostcovered City, to blaming China's different gaming culture for the introduction of your most recent game-murdering "experiment"---Rank 9.

We play this game. We know the inner workings. We know what we're talking about when we say that powerleveling is out of control, or that a certain instance is too difficult for normal players to complete anymore, or even that a certain twitchy class needs a better nurf than taking away accuracy.

When we point things out to you, it's because we're concerned about the game and its wellbeing. We ENJOY this game, which is why we want it to continue, and why everybody is so annoyed about blunder after blunder your marketing and developing staff churn up. It's almost like they're being paid to come up with the worst ideas humanly possible.

All we ask is that you do a few things.

Your classes need to be balanced. You know which ones we're talking about. BARBARIANS need to be tanking again. You know the other classes that need a reduction on a certain gamebreaking build that causes people to look like they're watching the banned episode of Pokemon.

You need to fix Frostcovered City. Period.
    A good chunk of World Chat consists of either looking for BH 100, selling [Item], or the biggest one:
    "Hai guiz im sellin FC 4 pplz so u dont have to play teh game. Pai me 200k a slot or 1m a room k?"

Seriously. This game feels like it became a private server. You can hit level 80 within a period of THREE DAYS. What about the rest of your game? You know, those levels from 1-79? Twilight Temple? Bounty Hunter? Fubens? Quests? Grinding on mobs because you just need that last .1% to hit another level?
    Those things are dead due to your serious error on NOT fixing this issue. It needs to be repaired. There is a reason why the original staff decided to give us this quest to enter at 75, and why the instance won't open to a group with a person lower than 75 in it.

There's that incident about the 'Goon Glitchers as well, but we don't talk about that.

Gear---You know which set we're talking about.
    The gap between Rank 8 and Rank 9 is so stupidly ridiculous, that when it first came out, I thought it was a joke. Then I realized in absolute horror that you were actually serious.
    This gear has not only managed to make PvP its ****, but now it dominates PvE as well. I see people taking Rank 8 and 9 people out for Nirvana squads, instead of TT99 people who actually need those cannies for gear.

All for the sake of time.

Whatever happened to doing instances just so you could say you did them? Where did the joy of finishing the Twilight Emperor in 3-3 go off to? Why is it that people base the success on a run on how FAST it goes? It used to be that success depended on if you survived or not---and that was all dependent on whether someone knew their class, NOT their gear.
    In my time on this game, I've been through some squads whose members had gear way below their level, yet played their class like a dream. I've also seen people in Rank 9 who are absolutely stupid, which is the majority of them as I've come to experience.

Now, I'm a Rank 9 Wizard myself, (posting on my shop/alt account for the sake of protecting my identity, and that of my main's faction.) But after playing this Mystic on a PvP server, without spending a dime on it, I've come to realize that this game's balance is more fvcked up than the United States Secret Service scandal.

Bottom line is, y'all need to wake up and smell the coffee--this game isn't going anywhere fast, and with other MMO's coming out, how well do you think this poorly managed heap is going to do against new things like that?
    This game has SO MUCH potential to be amazing! I loved it when I first started playing! But the staff has let it go so much, that I hardly recognize it these days.

If you feel the same way, please feel free to drop a comment or two.

Support giving life back to this game, and to the community. Support Save PWI: 2012.
    http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/Save%20PWI/

If you would like to donate signatures of your own, please message me with a link to anything you would like to see added into the picture storage.

You forgot that its their fault for inflating the economy so that gold prices rise (since they put the rep sales every1 wants). Once gold price rises, cs'ing is the only thing left to make money due to all the inflation. Cannies are like 300k now on my server. Thx pwi for shoving like 10000000000 cannies into the economy for 1 dumb update.... BTW i love your post and i agree 100% with you.
  • asgoliath
    asgoliath Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    GM: Damn ever since r9 2nd cast has been out, like .1% of the population bought it...it's really bad for our business.

Developer: No kidding, but I have a brilliant idea. Why can't we just ask the Chinese developer for some help?

GM: Like what?

Developer: Maybe they can create Nirvana 3rd cast gears, that way non-cashoper fools can be happy about new gears just as powerful as rank 9, and people with rank 9 will have no choice but to spend fortune on getting recast rank 9.

GM: Not bad, but what about our rank 9 cashoper population, they might get upset and still not spend money towards buying recast rank-9.

Developer: Maybe, we can ask the Chinese developers to create 3rd cast rank 9 gears also for us, which will be extremely powerful! Then all the players with rank 9 will spend on 2nd cast rank 9 in greed of obtaining 3rd cast rank-9.

GM: Brilliant!

Developer: But wouldn't that kill the game with gears powerful as that much...2nd thought?

GM: That's okay, we can always host a 2x for a month to calm things down.

I love you. I laughed so hard LMAO . ITS SO TRUE!
  • Raveneer - Archosaur
    Raveneer - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Bump >.>
  • scarfaceclaw
    edited May 2012
    I am so glad I quit this POS of a game.

Then why are you still here annoying us, P. off.

Thats why this pole is pointless, I would say most of the votes are from disgruntled ex players still lurking around the forums like a bad smell. Once they all vote they can point and say "look we were right", tossers.

Look, if you dont play the game anymore, bugger off and leave us alone.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This poll is pointless because it will change nothing. Ever.
    Its pointless because some people have their head in the clouds in a fantasy dream world of what they think the game should be, or are desperately clinging to what it once was.
    Accept it for what it is - because its not going to change to suit everyone. No MMO will ever do that. And even when they do make somewhat of an effort (new hard bosses, modified instances to be harder, things people bished at to be done for 2+ years), they get bished at for that too because QQ it's too hard.
    Either enjoy it for what it is or take your fond memories of what it once was and move on.
    edited May 2012
    Then why are you still here annoying us, P. off.

Thats why this pole is pointless, I would say most of the votes are from disgruntled ex players still lurking around the forums like a bad smell. Once they all vote they can point and say "look we were right", tossers.

Look, if you dont play the game anymore, bugger off and leave us alone.

It's an open message board. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Especially old-school players who played the game for years, then quit due to the company running the game.
    edited May 2012
    Internet petitions are SO effective. Fail harder please.
  • scarfaceclaw
    edited May 2012
    It's an open message board. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Especially old-school players who played the game for years, then quit due to the company running the game.

If you dont play anymore you're "opinions" dont matter.
    edited May 2012

If you don't know how to use an apostrophe correctly, your opinion is worthless. b:victory
    edited May 2012

That's odd, because I've got quite a bit accomplished on these forums since I quit the game. A prime example is this thread would cease to exist without me. Not being too arrogant here, but I was the one who did the daily bumps for like 60 days, until PWE finally did make a post about it.
  • scarfaceclaw
    edited May 2012
    If you don't know how to use an apostrophe correctly, your opinion is worthless. b:victory

Awesome, you're pro at pointing out typos on a forum, have a gold start.
  • scarfaceclaw
    edited May 2012
    That's odd, because I've got quite a bit accomplished on these forums since I quit the game. A prime example is this thread would cease to exist without me. Not being too arrogant here, but I was the one who did the daily bumps for like 60 days, until PWE finally did make a post about it.

Buahwahahahahahahahahaha
  • aesthesyslol
    aesthesyslol Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    so how many levels do i have to enjoy the game before i can't even find a dungeon run
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    so how many levels do i have to enjoy the game before i can't even find a dungeon run

Lol don't really expect any fun like WoW. The open world content and lower level dungeons of this game is all dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • DemShadow - Raging Tide
    DemShadow - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Though I agree and support the petition 100%, I am convinced one of the options that PWE would take in the future is to release another race such as the NightTerror or do something as big..I get this from the Tideborn race Origins.
    Something needs to be done. but as most people hav said, nothing will happen. One person QQing = more people QQing about the solution...

[exerpt for Night Terror theory]
    "The Night Terror race came from the mysterious Bloody Sea, and were originally known as the Night Terrorist Royal Race. In the past, they knew they were no match for the Tideborn, so they dove into the bottom of the ocean, and lived invisibly. However, after suffering the beatings from the Rancor Forces, and the toll from the 'Disaster of Seven Worlds', the power of the Tideborn was no longer as strong. " (Ijs.. many people got this confused with the mobs around the city of Raging Tide... Those are the NightSpike.)
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Agreed that this game has become a mockery of itself. It use to be a game that was in itself majestic and engrossing now its just a piece of **** left to stink. It has been neglected and ignored while letting things run rampent that shouldn't be left as is. If the game was fixable and they put the effort in to actually fix a lot of the problems with it I think the players that left would come back and the gameplay would be different by far. I think if they implemented proper fixes to currently occuring problems with removal of certain things to prevent reoccurance it might save this damned game from truely dying. However that sadly won't happen because it would take effort on the Dev's part and for testing which they do not do much of anymore. If the testing yields minor problems they see if something can be done but tend to do a half *** job of it more like a bandaide then an actual fix and if that can not be done they let it go and do not do it which is kinda stupid. I have been playing many many years coming from pw-myen to here an before that pw-cn after about 8years almost(this June will be 8) I think that pw-cn should open their doors for p2p again an really I bet 3-1 odds half the players who know what cn is like will go there instantly. At least I know I would I do not post often but I do at times an hey knownase ur right but then again thats expected.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • Moonbeamz - Dreamweaver
    Moonbeamz - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    As a former PWI player I support your efforts but having been around since damn near the start I know that they have neglected the game in a huge way. Once upon a time...there was no such thing as hyper stones or "hyper babies" you actually had to LEARN the game and your role. It was a challenge and fun to figure stuff out. But it all began with the lvl 60/70 box which was there from the start to get you to go into the shop by giving you a box without a key that could be obtained in game but rather only in the cash shop. From there its just gotten more out of control. I was pissed when they nerfed farming because the people in China had issues we suffered. People are passionate because we grew with the game but it just ran off a cliff and ill admit with the Tideborn that was the beginning of the end for me and teammate. We came back and played Earthguards but that was short lived. PWI has had a fatal flaw of just not fixing bugs or even listening to complaints so we did what any sane person would do who isn't trying to get bled dry....We Left!
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Lol don't really expect any fun like WoW. The open world content and lower level dungeons of this game is all dead.

Dude, after I saw some videos of WoW, I would really not be interested in that game ever. Especially one of the nerdrage of some loser pack of teenagers stealing an old man's axe while everyone was acting immature. So fun drama....
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • purewis
    purewis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    don't bother
    pay2win game=dead game
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Unfortunately the state of the game now is such that they'd have to seriously, and deliberately, gouge out 80% of their current customer base to stabilize it.

All those R9s (and even the R8s... I'm disappointed that you didn't touch on the prevalence of R8 as a negative point, OP) are lining PWE's pockets now... as are all the APS people, or anyone who ever refined anything +10 or higher. Even people who don't go for that stuff... if we've ever bought a single token, we're buying into it.

So in order to fix the game, you'd require a massive gutting and overhaul of the systems that have been killing it since 2009... including but not limited to:
    1. The ability to buy reputation in any form, as well as the removal of all R8 gears purchased in this manner,
    2. The existence of R9, R8 recast, and R9 recast in any form,
    3. The ability to hit the current APS cap of 5.0, or indeed that APS cap itself (protip: sins would be fine if not for massive aps)
    4. The "token-based" economy which first appeared with packs and got everyone hooked on a new pricing standard for everyday commodities such as wines, flawless shards, and teleacoustics, thus causing panic (whether warranted or unwarranted) when token prices go up,
    5. Chance packs with any sort of desirable gears in them, and any such gears obtained from packs in the past,
    6. and in general, the constant, constant sales which began in early 2009 and have steadily cemented the rising cost of gold and the gradual alienation of F2P players.

Now, that list doesn't include the "easy fixes," like requiring Lv75 to enter FF... not because those things shouldn't be done (because they absolutely must be done), but because I wanted to illustrate a point here. Imagine, for a moment, if PW* took all of those things out. Can you imagine how many people benefit from those things? Do you see how this kind of **** has taken hold of our game? The first thing that would happen is that people would leave in droves, starting with virtually every modern TW player. To say that PWE's income would take a hit is the understatement of the decade.

But what's worse? A financial cataclysm that may eventually stabilize the game after the dust settles... or a gradual, but guaranteed, pattern of absolutely everyone leaving until they have no choice but to pull the plug on the servers? PWE has been addicted to the profits of this broken system for awhile now, and like any addict, they'd sooner spiral down to a guaranteed death than do anything that would truly help them, because those withdrawal symptoms are gonna be hell.

Getting back to more practical concerns, though... OP, I have a question for you. Throughout these several years, we have tried again and again to contact the people in charge of the company and make them listen, and the best we can ever hope for is a diluted, damage-control statement by our own frankieraye. A few months ago we even had a letter-writing campaign (spearheaded by SylenThunder, I believe) directed at the Beijing headquarters, which still failed to produce any meaningful result. And then, of course, there are all those wily little kids who think they can organize "boycotts" through the forums. XD

Now you, OP, you seem to have your points well-organized. But do you have a plan? What, indeed, is your idea to get those points recognized, acknowledged, and acted upon, after so many others have failed? Certainly it's not just a forum petition and a couple of sig images?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).